themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Demis is THE memory of the hot hot summer of 76.

Even as a lad, I could not comprehend how this obese, monsterously hirsuite man in a fuggin Kaftan could have women lubricating their own flanges at 60 paces just by opening his mouth.

Demis was the extreme heat, standpipes on the streets of North London, music so cosmopolitan, and the last summer of being just a primary school boy.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Even as a lad, I could not comprehend how this obese, monsterously hirsuite man in a fuggin Kaftan could have women lubricating their own flanges at 60 paces just by opening his mouth.

Demis was the extreme heat, standpipes on the streets of North London, music so cosmopolitan, and the last summer of being just a primary school boy.

Brilliant.

He was the Greek Barry White

Otto Carius, one of the most successful tank commanders of the Third Reich, dead at 92.

Considering that no illness can have a more serious outcome than death, this week's Prize for Stating the Bloody Obvious goes to that write-up:

[P]assed away after a short, but serious illness.

regards,

Hein

Otto Carius, one of the most successful tank commanders of the Third Reich, dead at 92.

Considering that no illness can have a more serious outcome than death, this week's Prize for Stating the Bloody Obvious goes to that write-up:

regards,

Hein

I'm reminded of how, when someone dies unexpectedly from a heart attack, people invariably describe it as "a massive heart attack".

Like it might have been a mild one.

regards,

Hein

I'm reminded of how, when someone dies unexpectedly from a heart attack, people invariably describe it as "a massive heart attack".

Aye, but splitting hairs for a second here, mild heart attacks do kill unexpectedly, usually when the person suffering them is already in highly compromised health. They're simply an additional danger at a very shit time for the individual. So, Billy Graham may be riddled with other issues but it wouldn't take much to go wrong with his heart to tip his vital signs into decline, and also if that started to happen the medical staff might realise that even the shock of defribulatiing him could be a killer, so either way he'd be gone.

regards,

Hein

Aye, but splitting hairs for a second here, mild heart attacks do kill unexpectedly, usually when the person suffering them is already in highly compromised health. They're simply an additional danger at a very shit time for the individual. So, Billy Graham may be riddled with other issues but it wouldn't take much to go wrong with his heart to tip his vital signs into decline, and also if that started to happen the medical staff might realise that even the shock of defribulatiing him could be a killer, so either way he'd be gone.

Fair enough, but I meant apparently fit and healthy people who drop dead out of the blue, rather than people known to be in poor health.

Brilliant.

Aaaah Lord Fellatio that means two (hehe at least) of the 10.42 per cent have posted re. Demis..it was a scorching summer was it not?

Brilliant.

Aaaah Lord Fellatio that means two (hehe at least) of the 10.42 per cent have posted re. Demis..it was a scorching summer was it not?

And Cat makes three.

Brilliant.

It was mega hot!! I remember somebody frying an egg on the roof of a mini in an article on the old London "Today" programme ( the one where Bill Grundy got the Sex Pistols to swear and stuff....I watched that too) to demonstrate how hot it actually was.

Us kids never had sun block, sun tan lotion or hats to keep our heads cool, no we were not nannied like kids are today.

I can remember going back into school after the summer break to be greeted by my mate who had lost several layers of skin off of his shoulders due to sun burn.

Didn't do him any harm, aye!

Brilliant.

It was mega hot!! I remember somebody frying an egg on the roof of a mini in an article on the old London "Today" programme ( the one where Bill Grundy got the Sex Pistols to swear and stuff....I watched that too) to demonstrate how hot it actually was.

Us kids never had sun block, sun tan lotion or hats to keep our heads cool, no we were not nannied like kids are today.

I can remember going back into school after the summer break to be greeted by my mate who had lost several layers of skin off of his shoulders due to sun burn.

Let's give Demis his due. Aphrodite's Child were sublime and ridiculous in equal measure, and all the better for it. I thought all the dwelling on naffness and "Abigail's Party" in yesterday's reports a bit misguided considering the man's more out there achievements.

• Like 1

Brilliant.

Let's give Demis his due. Aphrodite's Child were sublime and ridiculous in equal measure, and all the better for it. I thought all the dwelling on naffness and "Abigail's Party" in yesterday's reports a bit misguided considering the man's more out there achievements.

All true Mary, however, most people are not you and lack the artistic bent you possess or summat...

I think we can conclude, with some confidence, that his media tribute was designed to cater to the lowest common denominator.

People like me, basically. :D

I had forgotten Vangelis was involved too. Good shit.

• Like 1

Brilliant.

All true Mary, however, most people are not you and lack the artistic bent you possess or summat...

I think we can conclude, with some confidence, that his media tribute was designed to cater to the lowest common denominator.

People like me, basically. :D

LFN since when were you the lowest common anything? Check our Jeremy Kyle and celebrate your achievements in life, at which point you should check out the post above and marvel at Demis in full vocal flight.

Epic stuff!!

I was quite struck by this tribute.

He was the Greek Barry White

Imagine them as a duo :P Someone should make a Demis/Barry mash-up.

He couldn't escape via the back door this time!

"Stig Bergling, a former Swedish security officer who sold secrets to the Soviet Union during the Cold War and brazenly escaped while serving a life sentence for espionage, has died. He was 77. The Swedish tax authority, which records deaths, confirmed he died on Jan. 24. No cause was given."

Perhaps most interesting is the fact that Bergling escaped from prison during a conjugal visit with his wife in an apartment in suburban Stockholm while police watched the front door.

"Stig Bergling, a former Swedish security officer who sold secrets to the Soviet Union during the Cold War and brazenly escaped while serving a life sentence for espionage, has died. He was 77. The Swedish tax authority, which records deaths, confirmed he died on Jan. 24. No cause was given."
Perhaps most interesting is the fact that Bergling escaped from prison during a conjugal visit with his wife in an apartment in suburban Stockholm while police watched the front door.

Even his name sounds like a crime.

• Like 1

Even his name sounds like a crime.

Now there was an opportunity missed. His parents should have named him Terd .

• Like 3

Some sad and tragic news that the actor Terry Carter has been killed in a hit and run.He was best known as Sgt Joe Broadhurst in the tv series McCLoud http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/29/suge-knight-hit-and-run-terry-carter

Turns out that it was a different Terry Carter that was killed : http://heavy.com/news/2015/01/terry-carter-actor-mccloud-suge-knight-dead-age-bio-battlestar-galactica-bilko-hit-and-run/