themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Does anyone remember the actor Dickie Owen who was in Zulu with Michael Caine ? Anyway he's dead http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=27524

Aye, he was the Natal boy.

Dickie%20Owen%20%20Zulu%20(1964).jpg

Sadly it appears that Orville will finally be able to fly - Keith Harris has got his wings...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a644482/orville-the-duck-ventriloquist-keith-harris-dies-at-the-age-of-67.html#~pb8TCB9YoeGZSK

Didn't even know he was ill. Bit of a shock. Made his living well outta that duck n chimp. RIP.

Sadly it appears that Orville will finally be able to fly - Keith Harris has got his wings...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a644482/orville-the-duck-ventriloquist-keith-harris-dies-at-the-age-of-67.html#~pb8TCB9YoeGZSK

I hope they bury, or better yet burn, the weapon with the criminal.

I see he died of cancer, was it stomach cancer? You know, ventriloquist, hand in puppet, stomach...

I hope they bury, or better yet burn, the weapon with the criminal.

I see he died of cancer, was it stomach cancer? You know, ventriloquist, hand in puppet, stomach...

Liver cancer. Nasty. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/keith-harris-orville-dead-ventriloquist-5595850

Makes a change to see the words "Childrens Entertainer" along the Sky News ticker tape without it also featuring words like questioned, arrested or Yewtree.

Although, saying that, Orville may have a few stories to tell now without Keith around.........

• Like 3

I'll never forget that time he appeared on "Celebrity Pointless" with Orville. I don't think I've ever scrambled so hard and fast for the Sky remote, or did that "mash any and all buttons until something else appears" thing so ferociously.

• Like 1

I'll never forget that time he appeared on "Celebrity Pointless" with Orville. I don't think I've ever scrambled so hard and fast for the Sky remote, or did that "mash any and all buttons until something else appears" thing so ferociously.

Apparently he collapsed doing his act but they had to wait 15 mins before pronouncing him dead as his lips were still moving.

Guest Guest

Sadly Orvile will now have to retire because Keith Harris had such a big hand in his career :(

As much as I thought his act was annoying and awful, it's a bit hearing the people that you'd see regularly on TV or being parodied in comedy shows are now dying.

It's getting to the point where I'd show my kids the TV shows that were on when I was their age, and saying "oh that's.... <insert name of actor/comedian/presenter>" and following it up with "they're dead now, they died x-years ago"

The craziest thing to me, is was that he was only 67.

Easily a decade more I'd have guessed.

Now I come to think of it he'd have been about the same age as my dad, so in 1981/82 when he was at the height of his career he'd been in his mid 30s. Looking back at some of the youtube clips then 67 would be about right

Now I come to think of it he'd have been about the same age as my dad, so in 1981/82 when he was at the height of his career he'd been in his mid 30s. Looking back at some of the youtube clips then 67 would be about right

Aye my thoughts exactly, but my dad was older than that. Well , he was dead by then, but you know what I mean. And 81 he'd been 32 , early early t'irties.

°°°heads for Keith Michell update, captn beaky was definitely older°°°

News reports still filtering in regarding the passing of Keith Harris (67) yesterday evening. Orville the Duck, and Cuddles the Monkey with whom he shares a career spanning 50 years are said to be speechless.

• Like 1

Kudos to the BBC obit writer for the juxtaposition of these sentences.

But he turned down the chance to appear in Ricky Gervais's comedy series Extras.

"I read the script and thought, 'This isn't clever writing, it's pure filth'," he told the Independent in 2006.

"I turned it down. I'm not desperate."

He continued to appear in pantomime and at holiday camps

• Like 4

But he turned down the chance to appear in Ricky Gervais's comedy series Extras.

"I read the script and thought, 'This isn't clever writing, it's pure filth'," he told the Independent in 2006.

He deserved a knighthood for turning down Ricky Gervais...

• Like 3

He deserved a knighthood for turning down Ricky Gervais...

Aye, you get the feeling it'd have been a case of Gervais and Merchant mocking him whilst making out it was all banter really.

News reports still filtering in regarding the passing of Keith Harris (67) yesterday evening. Orville the Duck, and Cuddles the Monkey with whom he shares a career spanning 50 years are said to be speechless.

There's muppets and other puppeteers tread, isn't it?

Guest awesome guest

Tomorrow April will be over and may will start and hopefully it will not be as dry as April was.