themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Marva Collins, American educator and subject of "The Marva Collins Story" (whoo, original title egads!), 78. http://abc7chicago.com/education/pioneering-chicago-educator-marva-collins-dies-at-age-78/805434/

Anyone with an hour and three quarters can watch the movie:

I got beat up for posting a questionable Aussie educator, I have to say this person also sounds like a complete no one. I too was guilty I guess.

SC

I just finished watching the film (Morgan Freeman looks soooo young!) . This woman was amazing, she was offered Secretary of State For Education by Reagan (which she declined), preferring to remain a teacher. Her wiki page doesn't seem to do her justice, and that page is pretty fucking complimentary.

Edit: One of your countrypersons of whom the USA can be immensely proud, I'd say. Respect.

Elizabeth MacLennan, actress and playwright, one of the co-founders of the Scottish 7:84 theatre group. No age disclosed as yet. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/tributes-as-elizabeth-maclennan-actress-and-784-founder-dies.129947280

Update: She was 77 and suffered from leukaemia. Scotsman: http://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-elizabeth-maclennan-actress-and-writer-1-3814224

6 in 6 weeks. Come on DL statos is this the most productive (or destructive depending on your point of view, or if you are a relative/friend of the deceased I suppose) period ever?

6 in 6 weeks. Come on DL statos is this the most productive (or destructive depending on your point of view, or if you are rleative/friend of teh deceased I suppose) period ever?

In roughly six weeks (cheating by a few days), 2003 saw for Idi Amin, Warren Zevon, Leni Riefenstahl, Edward Teller, Johnny Cash and Elia Kazan.

But I direct you towards 35 days in 2002:

23rd Feb - Chuck Jones

27th Feb - Spike Milligan

27th March - Milton Berle

27th March - Dudley Moore

28th March - Billy Wilder

30th March - The Queen Mum

All Deathlist picks.

• Like 1

6 in 6 weeks. Come on DL statos is this the most productive (or destructive depending on your point of view, or if you are rleative/friend of teh deceased I suppose) period ever?

In roughly six weeks (cheating by a few days), 2003 saw for Idi Amin, Warren Zevon, Leni Riefenstahl, Edward Teller, Johnny Cash and Elia Kazan.

23rd Feb - Chuck Jones

All Deathlist picks.

I knew you wouldn't let me down. Next bit of homework then, when does the 7th hit have to come for it to be a record?

23rd Feb - Chuck Jones

All Deathlist picks.

I knew you wouldn't let me down. Next bit of homework then, when does the 7th hit have to come for it to be a record?

From BB King to now - 44 days

Between Kramer and Secombe in 2001 - 50 days

Off the top of my head, I think thats the record. Proper stat-folk like Ali might know better though.

• Like 1

23rd Feb - Chuck Jones

All Deathlist picks.

From BB King to now - 44 days

Between Kramer and Secombe in 2001 - 50 days

Off the top of my head, I think thats the record. Proper stat-folk like Ali might know better though.

Thursday 25th and Mugabe gets it, brilliant!

Going from the deaths of George Melly to Bill Deedes in 2007 you get 7 deaths in 43 days, so that beats out 2001's sprint by a week...

• Like 1

Going from the deaths of George Melly to Bill Deedes in 2007 you get 7 deaths in 43 days, so that beats out 2001's sprint by a week...

Aw, Mugabe lives, bugger.

Dr. Jeff Bradstreet, a controversial anti-vaccine physician who suggested that there was a link between vaccines and autism, has apparently topped himself, aged 60.

http://time.com/3939053/dr-jeff-bradstreet-dead/

If there was such a such a thing as weighing up someone's contribution in life positive/negative where would this person go do we think?

not a person, but very famous... Kauto Star dies the other day, aged 15 :rip:

Hpe not 2 LT but Matti Makkonen the Finn inv txt is ded :: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33324708

Very clever post! This name should be bigger. Several obituaries call him the "father of the SMS".

Just got Val Doonican's death come through on the wires.

BBC News

That Old Rocking Chair has got him in its grip.

Antarctic explorer (how many explorers are left in this world?) Malcolm Laird dead at 80:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/69860602/antarctic-explorer-malcolm-laird-dies-at-machu-picchu-in-peru

He suffered a heart attack at his wedding anniversary holidays. It was probably the ascension to the ruins of Macchu Picchu that were too much for him.

No longer Walking Tall

youve got to have a few rocks loose to try to do something like that at 80!

No longer Walking Tall

Can't think of anything witty but it's my 200th post.

• Like 1

Former Virginia athletic director Jim Weaver has died. He was 70.

The university said in a news release that Weaver died Thursday morning. He disclosed in 2008 that he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and he retired for health reasons in 2013.

He served as Virginia Tech's athletic director for 16 years, the second-longest tenure in school history.

SC

http://m.richmond.com/news/virginia/ap/article_242ab727-e7e9-505a-b285-f540892f1d51.html?mode=jqm

Former Virginia athletic director Jim Weaver has died. He was 70.

The university said in a news release that Weaver died Thursday morning. He disclosed in 2008 that he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and he retired for health reasons in 2013.

He served as Virginia Tech's athletic director for 16 years, the second-longest tenure in school history.

SC

http://m.richmond.com/news/virginia/ap/article_242ab727-e7e9-505a-b285-f540892f1d51.html?mode=jqm

So he would have been proud of some of the running and scrambling when they had that gunman a few years back, then.