themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Bobbi-Kristina Brown, daughter of the late Whitney Houston, is in a medically induced coma and is on life support.

I miss the days when the "dead of 2015"-thread was still used for people who actually died in 2015...

Aw come on, every time someone dead appears it's 'oh, there's a thread for that...' or '...as whatsit deadboard posted centuries ago'. Sometimes you just can't win.

PS you could always start an anal posters thread.

Somewhere over the rainbow thread for this pish....

Bobbi-Kristina Brown, daughter of the late Whitney Houston, is in a medically induced coma and is on life support.

I miss the days when the "dead of 2015"-thread was still used for people who actually died in 2015...

Aw come on, every time someone dead appears it's 'oh, there's a thread for that...' or '...as whatsit deadboard posted centuries ago'. Sometimes you just can't win.

I'm sure I once bought some anal posters in Athena. Looked lovely on the living room wall.

I'm sure I once bought some anal posters in Athena. Looked lovely on the living room wall.

I used to work at the company that printed Athena posters; I'm saying nowt else.

• Like 1

Somewhere over the rainbow thread for this pish....

Truth is I was pishd and didn't know what thread I was in.

Please sir, can I post these here sir. They both dead sir, honest and in 2015 an' all. Sorry if they posted somewhere else but couldn't see 'em sir, I did look promise.

Dean Smith

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12296176/dean-smith-former-north-carolina-tar-heels-coach-dies-age-83

Billy Caspar

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/12295025/billy-casper-seventh-all-51-pga-tour-wins-dies-83

Please sir, can I post these here sir. They both dead sir, honest and in 2015 an' all. Sorry if they posted somewhere else but couldn't see 'em sir, I did look promise.

Dean Smith

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12296176/dean-smith-former-north-carolina-tar-heels-coach-dies-age-83

Billy Caspar

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/12295025/billy-casper-seventh-all-51-pga-tour-wins-dies-83

No you can't. :banghead:

Dean Smith.

Billy Caspar.

My error Steve was his Son of course not brother. I've been absolved.

SC

• Like 1

My error Steve was his Son of course not brother. I've been absolved.

SC

Not bad, I'm in heaven. :D

• Like 1

Friend of mine in our DP just scooped local news that Jerry Tarkanian has died (UNLV Basketball coach). Looking for confirming link.

Sir Creep

Friend of mine in our DP just scooped local news that Jerry Tarkanian has died (UNLV Basketball coach). Looking for confirming link.

Sir Creep

Link

I bitched about Tark the Shark not being on DeathList and was told he prolly won't obit on BBC. Guess we are about to find out.

SC

I bitched about Tark the Shark not being on DeathList and was told he prolly won't obit on BBC. Guess we are about to find out.

SC

Are you over that yet? He may well get a notice on the BBC website but who cares. We don't know your "legendary" sports coaches and for the most part we don't care (I've heard a few of their names dropped in American movies or mentioned by commentators during the awesome late 90s/early 2000s broadcasts of WWF, but I wouldn't suggest them). Even people like Dan Marino or John Madden would be considered "outsider choices".

This is a British site. Sure the internet "brings us all together" a bit more than it used to (gross) but don't get too excited just because some Brits stay up to watch the Super Bowl nowadays. It's just a passing phase (hopefully) because they enjoy the "novelty" of staying up to 3AM to watch Americans maim each other (bit like the old days of WWF I mentioned, except less tasteful, and with suppression of house-waking yawns instead of suppression of house-waking cheers/excitement), and because they need any distraction they can get from their usual worship of unmotivated squillionaire soccer players.

If you had an American Deathlist I wouldn't ask you to put legendary soccer coaches Sam Allardyce or Alan Pardew on it would I?

• Like 1

french actor Roger Hanin died at 89 today

that's makes a 4th hit for my shadow list :ghost3:

SC

Are you over that yet? He may well get a notice on the BBC website but who cares. We don't know your "legendary" sports coaches and for the most part we don't care (I've heard a few of their names dropped in American movies or mentioned by commentators during the awesome late 90s/early 2000s broadcasts of WWF, but I wouldn't suggest them). Even people like Dan Marino or John Madden would be considered "outsider choices".

This is a British site. Sure the internet "brings us all together" a bit more than it used to (gross) but don't get too excited just because some Brits stay up to watch the Super Bowl nowadays. It's just a passing phase (hopefully) because they enjoy the "novelty" of staying up to 3AM to watch Americans maim each other (bit like the old days of WWF I mentioned, except less tasteful, and with suppression of house-waking yawns instead of suppression of house-waking cheers/excitement), and because they need any distraction they can get from their usual worship of unmotivated squillionaire soccer players.

If you had an American Deathlist I wouldn't ask you to put legendary soccer coaches Sam Allardyce or Alan Pardew on it would I?

I've never understood the obsession with college sports coaches here in the U.S. or the devotion that people have towards a college that they went to 20-30 years or so ago.

I personally can't imagine walking around with a sweatshirt that says "Westminster Technical College" on it.

SC

Aye, but did you back your hunch with an entry into the Deathrace where the obit-counting sets a lower bar and Tark the Shark has just netted 323 lovely points for Estuarian Float?

• Like 1

The Independent comes good with an obit for Tarkanian as does The Guardian.

and cue...

How about an alive of 2015 thread? Could this be a repeat of 1991 with all surviving? Or will the first hit be after 23 March as in 1992? Am I getting bored? Answers on a post(card) please.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

dunno but if there isn't a hit by midnight tonight it wil be the latest first hit since 2007 which was march 7. That's the only time in the last decade the first hit was after feb 12 in fact. If anyone wants any other useless facts about deathlist feel free to ask :)