themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Stan Cornyn, "King of liner notes (for ancient people like me who once owned albums) dead from lung cancer at 81.

"Cornyn, a Warner Bros. recording executive who wrote with sophisticated wit and later developed promotions that were alternately tongue-in-cheek and over-the-top for the Grateful Dead, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Petula Clark, Bob Newhart, Dean Martin and many other recording stars, died Monday at his home in Carpinteria, near Santa Barbara."

SC

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/05/15/living/stan-cornyn-record-producer-known-as-king-of-the-liner-notes-dies-at-81/?ref=mostReadBoxLiving

Guest Guest

rumours on the internet of a massive death. if true it is stunning. don't want to say who till I check to see if reports are true or not yet though. will be back later

Stan Cornyn, "King of liner notes (for ancient people like me who once owned albums) dead from lung cancer at 81.

"Cornyn, a Warner Bros. recording executive who wrote with sophisticated wit and later developed promotions that were alternately tongue-in-cheek and over-the-top for the Grateful Dead, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Petula Clark, Bob Newhart, Dean Martin and many other recording stars, died Monday at his home in Carpinteria, near Santa Barbara."

SC

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/05/15/living/stan-cornyn-record-producer-known-as-king-of-the-liner-notes-dies-at-81/?ref=mostReadBoxLiving

Albums have made a come back in recent years, although not so much care is taken into creating liner notes.

There's a specific knack to it. I know one person who writes quite a few liner notes for the Bear Family box sets.

rumours on the internet of a massive death. if true it is stunning. don't want to say who till I check to see if reports are true or not yet though. will be back later

Well, who Goddammit?

Well, who Goddammit?

Don't feed the troll

• Like 2

Well, who Goddammit?

I'm going for Eric Pickles or Michael Moore.

• Like 1

Well, who Goddammit?

Another Massive death, as the body of Irving Massive was found in his apartment hallway.

*all respect to Carlin*

SC

Well, who Goddammit?

Another Massive death, as the body of Irving Massive was found in his apartment hallway.

*all respect to Carlin*

SC

What-now? To give him "due respect" for that baffling flopper I'd have to piss on his corpse....

Guest Guest

there was a rumour on twitter that the Duk of Edinburgh had died but it seems to have been wrong

Rumours on the internet of a massive death, haven't checked yet if true but thought that the best thing to do first was to make you aware of the rumours by posting here. Don't want to say who though until I have checked that the rumours, now full reports, are true. Now where will I check that is different to the internet.........

Hmmm, turns out it wasn't a massive death - just a massive prick with nothing better to do than post every day for attention!

The Duck of Edinburgh may have died, but luckily, ducks are nowhere near endangered.

That's 1am parent humour for you.

The Duck of Edinburgh may have died, but luckily, ducks are nowhere near endangered.

That's 1am parent humour for you.

Ah 1am parent, the humour may get darker when you're forking out to support them through university, you won't be leaving DL anytime soon.

• Like 1

Hmmm, turns out it wasn't a massive death - just a massive prick with nothing better to do than post every day for attention!

More likely just a tiny prick.

• Like 1

Guest awesome guest

Halldor asgrimsson prime minister of Iceland has died today

​Dean Schachtel, GM of Ronnie James Dio’s label and management company, Niji Entertainment Group, passed away suddenly at the age of 49 on Monday morning (May 18), Billboard has confirmed.

SC

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6568798/niji-entertainment-gm-dean-schachtel-dies-at-49?mobile_redirection=false

Britain's oldest Poppy seller, Olive Cooke, jumped to her death at age 92:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089332/Britain-s-oldest-poppy-seller-jumped-death-Avon-Gorge-Olive-Cooke-92-long-term-issues-depression-inquest-hears.html

She was a long-time sufferer from depression. The article makes it sound as if her constant awareness of human misery caused it.

Feel free to also post it in the appropriate suicide threat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089332/Britain-s-oldest-poppy-seller-jumped-death-Avon-Gorge-Olive-Cooke-92-long-term-issues-depression-inquest-hears.html

She was a long-time sufferer from depression. The article makes it sound as if her constant awareness of human misery caused it.

She only sold 300,000 poppies in 76 years?

If she had a 5-day-week and worked about 200 days each year, then that's 15200 days of work in 76 years, or about 20 poppies each day. Hmm... is it custom to buy just one of them or several at once? If the latter is the case, then that rate is indeed a bit poor...

Along the too lazy to create a new forum lines, what about a Death List nomination for the new £20 note?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32796423(It's about $30 for our American brethren). Of course I don't see why it has a to be a face....

Banksy, of course.

320px-Banksy_-_Grin_Reaper_With_Tag.jpg

• Like 1

Banksy is a cunt , justasayin :)

If she had a 5-day-week and worked about 200 days each year, then that's 15200 days of work in 76 years, or about 20 poppies each day. Hmm... is it custom to buy just one of them or several at once? If the latter is the case, then that rate is indeed a bit poor...

It's worse than that - the article says 30,000.

But anyway - it doesn't work like that. Poppies are only sold for a limited period each year: usually from around 27 October to Remembrance Sunday or 11 November. So only a couple of weeks. I am a poppy seller, but I wouldn't have the faintest idea how many I've sold in ten years.

It's worse than that - the article says 30,000.

But anyway - it doesn't work like that. Poppies are only sold for a limited period each year: usually from around 27 October to Remembrance Sunday or 11 November. So only a couple of weeks. I am a poppy seller, but I wouldn't have the faintest idea how many I've sold in ten years.

not sure why I typed 300,000. Perhaps I should have just copied and pasted from the website instead of hurridly trying to type it out. Even so, with those couple of weeks and spread out over 76 years, it still only tallies at about 20 poppies per day.

Guest Guest

Along the too lazy to create a new forum lines, what about a Death List nomination for the new £20 note?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32796423(It's about $30 for our American brethren). Of course I don't see why it has a to be a face....

Banksy, of course.

320px-Banksy_-_Grin_Reaper_With_Tag.jpg

actually when you think about it death is more likely to have a face a bit like that.Taking perverted pleasure in wreaking havoc and misery