Vaagheid

Betty White

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The National Enquirer would have us believe that Betty has only 3 months to live.

Can start planning her centenary!

• Like 1

Honored by the Paley Center for 60 years on television. Needed a little assistance to come up., and her speech seemed slurred.

betty-white-honored-for-being-a-trailblazer-in-television-14.jpg

betty-white-honored-for-being-a-trailblazer-in-television-30.jpg

She won't get to 100.

23 minutes ago, ebless said:

Too big to miss now.

No, she is safe for another year. 

• Like 2

I think the comitte could drop her for the next year deathlist...

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:12, Deadpool said:

Ironic mind, at that age a significant fall could kill her

On 08/11/2017 at 00:12, Deadpool said:

At the beginning of the year I would have agreed but now I think she has entered the Sallis Dunn zone

On 08/11/2017 at 00:12, Deadpool said:

I thought Brucie would live into triple figures as he was so fit and healthy....all is took was one thing to completely change that. For that reason, these oldies like Betty, Stan Lee etc who seem to be in good shape shouldn’t be dropped purely for the “just in case”.....

• Like 1

It looks like she has aged more imo: 

5BBC7BB4-8D96-4BC6-AEDA-CFEBB22DBC82.jpeg

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

It looks like she has aged more imo: 

5BBC7BB4-8D96-4BC6-AEDA-CFEBB22DBC82.jpeg

That tends to happen as people age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

She's going to make the ton, no question.

As much as I'd love Betty White to live forever, you never know with people at that age. They can seem in great form and still randomly die in their sleep.

That being said, she certainly looks on the track to make 100 and I wouldn't bet on her dying anytime soon.

• Like 1

Last few posts going to look poignant historically if she goes and dies in her sleep in March.

I understand why they decided to keep her considering her fame and age but she shouldn't have been so high up on the list IMO.

I would be very surprised if this figure of immortality died this year. So many people are on the deathlist just because they're too big to miss, Betty White at the top of the list. 

21 hours ago, Deathbysnoosnoo said:

7th* ;)

Not the actual deathlist, friend, the "just on the list because they're too big to miss" list. 

BEA Arthur, one of her co-stars on the Golden Girls is quoted saying: Betty White is a cunt. Jealous much?

Bea Arthur > Betty White, let's not even pretend otherwise. Ranking the Golden Girls by comic ability:

Arthur

McClanahan

Getty

White

I've never really bought the nice old lady act from White.  She's been in showbiz since before my mother was born and has been a household name for much of that time.  You have to have a ruthless streak to get that far in showbiz. I'm not saying she's an out an out cunt but she's probably not a sweet old lady either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

I've never really bought the nice old lady act from White.  She's been in showbiz since before my mother was born and has been a household name for much of that time.  You have to have a ruthless streak to get that far in showbiz. I'm not saying she's an out an out cunt but she's probably not a sweet old lady either.

You get a hint of the former perhaps in 'Lake Placid'...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

You get a hint of the former perhaps in 'Lake Placid'...

"If I had a Dick this is when I would tell you to suck it". :P

On 14/01/2018 at 20:19, theoldlady said:

BEA Arthur, one of her co-stars on the Golden Girls is quoted saying: Betty White is a cunt. Jealous much?

Bea Arthur I always got the impression from her performances and interviews that she was feisty outspoken and difficult to get on with much like Elaine Stritch and Jerry Lewis.I agree Betty appears too nice to be true.I think the whole aww bless her appeal she has now is because of her age. Even the nastiest old bitches tend to be seen as sweet and innocent when very old.She once said she liked animals better than people which is a hint she isn't as personable as she comes across.Most likely an act but one that has made her last in the business for nearly 80 years.

• Thanks 1

Also a lot of these older women who had long careers with reps for being nippy sweeties tended to be folk who needed to be harder nosed to survive in their industry. Like Paddy Russell, one of the first female directors at the BBC ever, who, once you got past her "she was a monster" reputation, was apparently lovely as long as you weren't rude or wasted her time needlessly. And back then, she became a director because production staff were paid equally because no one assumed a woman would ever take up the course, whereas actresses were paid peanuts. Anyhow, this is a bit of a detour (Paddy Russell was awesome btw), but she works as an example for those sorts of women.

• Thanks 1