Vaagheid

Betty White

There's a great story from the guy who wrote the definitive Golden Girls biography about when he went to interview Bea Arthur, and she was massively ornery with him because the chat meant she couldn't watch Judge Judy that day. She kept muttering under her breath "I'm missing Judge Judy for this?"

• Haha 3

Happy birthday.

And thank you for being a friend...

• Like 3

Happy 96th to this American TV icon. :party:

Loved her in the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Mama's Family and Golden Girls.

Image result for betty white

• Like 1

Betty White is easily one of the most high-profile celebrities on the list, but she's not been seen in public since before her birthday and that's not like her. Her IMDb page doesn't reflect a lot of activity either. It may be that she's just slowing down, or that something bad's happened and we might not see her again (case in point: June Foray). If this continues then it might be cause for concern...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Since she has worked in the industry nonstop since the 40's I doubt her slowdown is voluntary,and I doubt it's due to lack of offers. At the very least, most interview/game show's in the Usa would give anything to have her as a guest.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2018 at 19:44, Clorox Bleachman said:

If this continues then it might be cause for concern...

If this continues we might have to put her on the death list.

I asked Mark Malkoff, the guy who runs the Carson Podcast, if he considered trying to get her to appear on his podcast.  He said that he talked to her rep, but was told that she’s not doing much right now. So I can’t imagine that would really be a good thing

8 hours ago, DeathClock said:

Pictures of Betty earlier this month.

She was looking like a regular 85 year old there (which is reasonable, considering she's 96) - what could be up with her mouth, a soft stroke maybe? Hopefully it was just some bad photos taken on a bad day. Or maybe she wasn't expecting to be seen (e.g. undone hair, not full make-up). 

I don't think she'll croak it this year if she's still walking, but maybe next year or the year after. 

According to this magazine article, Betty White isn't ready to retire yet and a documentary about her life is set to premiere on August 21.

Yet, the cover of the magazine is titled, "Betty White Saying Goodbye" and how this is her final interview. Gotta love these gossip magazines.

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/betty-white-retired-163684

Here's the video.

• Like 2

My heart sunk when I saw this topic was the last one posted in.

Out of everybody on this years list Betty White is the one person I really hope survives for many more years

• Like 4

Oh look someone posted in Betty White thread 

** mark as read **

• Haha 1

That video of her is kind of sad.First time she has shown her age.Sounds frail and appears slightly confused.

She is great for 96 but has clearly started to go downhill.

I also thought she has become more doddery than I seem to remember her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I also thought she has become more doddery than I seem to remember her.

I have always thought she was Sharp as a tack but there is a clear cognitive decline.She struggles to finish a sentence in that video. I wonder if she has had a mini stroke or a few.

I still hope she will make 100 she is a legend.Same with Disk Van Dyke and Stan Lee.

• Like 2

I would also say the same about Leslie Philips but he looks so frail I think his passing might be a relief.

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

I still hope she will make 100 she is a legend.Same with Disk Van Dyke and Stan Lee.

As much as I’d like Lee to make that age, the way that much of his year has gone so far I’m not sure if he makes 100 he’d be in good shape then...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

As much as I’d like Lee to make that age, the way that much of his year has gone so far I’m not sure if he makes 100 he’d be in good shape then...

It pains me to say it but I agree.