Vaagheid

Betty White

If I'm reading this right, looks like Steve Martin almost let the cat out of the bag hours ago with what would've been a seemingly unprompted Betty White tweet. 

• Shocked 1

That seems way to early. TMZ said she died this morning. If she was dead by the time of that tweet then she died on the 30th.

Also if she had been dead that long I’m not sure it would have leaked out with TMZ as her agent would have enough time to release a statement before they did.

• Like 1

Omg ! Didn’t expected an other hit and especially not her… Betty White turns Grey…

it gives the committee a last time job though 

Go on, open a 13th Death of 2021 thread. I dares ya. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

If I'm reading this right, looks like Steve Martin almost let the cat out of the bag hours ago with what would've been a seemingly unprompted Betty White tweet. 

I suppose it's possible she died overnight and it was just announced as "this morning", but yes it does seem very far fetched that he knew so long before anyone in the media. A more likely explanation is either that she was still alive then but he knew she was on her way out, or it was just an unfortunately timed coincidence, which isn't that unlikely given how quick people can just drop dead at that age.

Edited by Katyusha
forgot to tag the point i was replying to
  • Like 2

Really thought she would make her 100th Birthday sad news Brilliant actress only 17 or if she died yesterday 18 days shy of the big day. Loved her in Golden Girls amongst other things. Was only reading a couple of hours ago how she was still in great health for her age.

• Like 1

Wow, I can hardly believe how lucky I am. White is a hit for me this year but wasn’t featured on a single one of my deadpools for 2022 because I felt so sure she wouldn’t die in 2022 and was getting so tired of her being a bedblocker for so long. RIP Betty. 

My sympathies to deadpool administrators dealing with substitutions worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did not see her going with only a couple of hours left in 2021

2 minutes ago, JustPassingThrough said:

Looks like the last time someone on the DL died this close to the end of the year was Luise Rainer, who died on December 30, 2014: https://deathlist.net/lists/2014

Bollocks. Greenspan before the minute hand ticks over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First nonogenarian death that has shocked me.

• Like 6

First time I properly enter some time of deathpool compeition and hours before it starts someone who was on it dies. BRB got to edit a post.

• Like 1

Her death lifts me to No.5 in the DDP which is my best position ever if this is the end result. I'm not sure if I'm happy about my 5th place or sad that it's because of Betty White...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Bollocks. Greenspan before the minute hand ticks over. 

Better bloody not be, I've just substituted him in for Betty White in the Prediction Game! (Based on a theory about the DL Committee's decisions, not because I think he's especially likely to die!) :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markb4 said:

Gosh, 4 members of The Mary Tyler Moore Show in one year

In fact the last one of the main cast.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Well, looks like the Duke of Kent has had a last minute promotion to my shadow list...

What about his wife the Duchess of Kent?

What happens if someone is listed on the list for 2022 and is then found out to have died on 31 December but the death isn't announced for a day or two? Has this ever happened? 

According to TMZ she died peacefully "of natural causes" and suffered "no sudden illness". Guess that's normal at 99.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

According to TMZ she died peacefully "of natural causes" and suffered "no sudden illness". Guess that's normal at 99.

Certainly worse ways of going. RIP. 

• Like 1

She could have waited a day. Bloody inconsiderate of her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2