Vaagheid

Betty White

Instead of white out! They should of used 'it won't be all white on the night' or ' gone but not forgotten'

3 hours ago, dodrade said:

Will this still be going ahead?

Yes it will air as scheduled, and the way this article is worded, it seems like the special was already taped.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Certainly worse ways of going. RIP. 

:vulture:

Genuinely thought she'd go on for another couple of years. RIP Betty - another Deathlist classic departed.

Lol, Hollywood will do anything for some dollars.

She’s just died. Out of respect you’d expect them to cancel the 100th birthday special then at some point in a couple of months time, announce a tribute special. Not even in the ground yet and they’re already milking her for money.

Am I alone in being unmoved by Betty White's death?  I've never seen her in anything as I tend not to watch US comedy and light entertainment shows.  I'm aware of some shows, eg The Golden Girls, but have never watched them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

Am I alone in being unmoved by Betty White's death?  I've never seen her in anything as I tend not to watch US comedy and light entertainment shows.  I'm aware of some shows, eg The Golden Girls, but have never watched them.

Me too. No biggie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually I’m the opposite. It’s the end of an era for me, the last Golden Girl and she was fantastic in Mary Tyler Moore show.

But it’s the naïve Rose I’ll remember her for. Amazing to think I watched her back in 1985/6 with my late Nan in the Golden Girls so that’s the last proper link gone to my Nan and she passed in 1988. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

You MUST watch The Golden Girls. It’s genius.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Me too. No biggie. 

She never gave me an erection either.

• Haha 1

Rest In Peace Betty White. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toast said:

Oh I am surprised to learn this  but I definitely recommend you at least dip your tie in the water and try it.

Teeming with lots of good one liners in it that I could imagine you liking  and I think out of the shows main characters  I definitely  see you as being a  Dorothy with a tiny  dash of Sophia!:lol:

11 hours ago, Toast said:

you are not alone.  

Betty's agent confirms she died peacefully in her sleep, and denies a rumor going around that her death was caused by getting the COVID booster shot a few days before. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

758E9EAB-120F-4D5F-ACB2-FCD02CAB7699.jpeg

You’ve taken that too far…

13 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Betty's agent confirms she died peacefully in her sleep, and denies a rumor going around that her death was caused by getting the COVID booster shot a few days before. 

An almost 100 years old who dies in her sleep is a very suspicious thing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

And her social media team still thought it was a good idea to tweet about her upcoming 100th birthday despite the stroke happening a few days before that post…

3 hours ago, ajlposh said:

The birthday celebration event which is still airing features a few possible future listers in the name of Clint Eastwood, Carol Burnett, Morgan Freeman and Robert Redford.