Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

His pitch in the last leadership campaign was weak as water, so he disappointed me early.

Speaking of Tom Tugend...

1113330185_Image25-07-2024at13_43.jpeg.38168121719e447e98533d0c629eda1a.jpeg

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

Speaking of Tom Tugend...

1113330185_Image25-07-2024at13_43.jpeg.38168121719e447e98533d0c629eda1a.jpeg

After last time as well, he is starting to garner a bit of a reputation for poor but amusing campaign posters. 

Screenshot_20240725_140613_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android_edit_97839746535070.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

30p Leenoch playing the conspiracy card again I see :rolleyes:

Far be it from me to support 30p Lee in any way, and he's wrong on the broad point that Reform should be everywhere (they couldn't do it even if they wanted to with 5 MPs), but smaller parties do appear on Select Committee's don't they? Caroline Lucas was on one as the only Green, Plaid and the Lib Dems had committee roles in the last Parliament. They won't get a seat everywhere, but I assume they'll get a couple of seats somewhere. I'm not an expert on parliamentary procedure so don't know how exactly it's decided, beyond more MPs = more seats.

Well played Labour admin, well played... :lol:

Screenshot_20240727-134701_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fdb6d4152110e013e73240594240a713.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Priti's running. I tell you what, this is a competitive race, hard to know who the biggest shower of shit is, and Cruella and Badenough haven't even declared yet.

23 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Priti's running. I tell you what, this is a competitive race, hard to know who the biggest shower of shit is, and Cruella and Badenough haven't even declared yet.

She also claims she can be a unity candidate, which is like Hannibal Lecter saying he speaks for vegetarians.

• Haha 1

Looks like we going to get HS2 from Old Oak instead of Euston. 

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Looks like we going to get HS2 from Old Oak instead of Euston. 

So that's HS2 going to Euston then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

There was an article in the Independent suggesting that Cruella is having difficulty getting the 10 nominations together for a leadership bid.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/suella-braverman-tory-leadership-robert-jenrick-b2585995.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Re her unity bid being like Hannibel Lecter standing for vegetarianism, it gets better - she's the one promising to end the internal soap opera

155890d0-4c5d-11ef-8f0f-0577398c3339.png

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Re her unity bid being like Hannibel Lecter standing for vegetarianism, it gets better - she's the one promising to end the internal soap opera

To be honest, I'm so sick of the lot of them I wish they'd just fuck off completely for 5 years. Who bloody cares who leads them or 'unifies' them? How do you unify a disparate bunch of self-serving narcissists anyway? What's the collective for narcissists? Can you even have a group for narcissists?

"These and other questions will be answered in the next episode of...."  (quiz, what's the show? Only those of a certain age need apply :D)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

To be honest, I'm so sick of the lot of them I wish they'd just fuck off completely for 5 years. Who bloody cares who leads them or 'unifies' them? How do you unify a disparate bunch of self-serving narcissists anyway? What's the collective for narcissists? Can you even have a group for narcissists?

"These and other questions will be answered in the next episode of...."  (quiz, what's the show? Only those of a certain age need apply :D)

Easy. Narcissists must be the easiest bunch of people in the world to manipulate and buy off. Just flatter them into following you with knighthoods and as many other golden perks as you can legally get away with while making clear that such perks are conditional on their support for you. Doesn't have to be high-ranking government offices. Just something to say 'you're special and you deserve this'. Yeah, there's the risk that another leadership hopeful could promise them greater rewards if they switched to their campaign, hence why I said 'as many as you can legally get away with'. 

Basically if Dorries had been awarded the damehood she wanted, she would be dancing around London singing Rishi's praises to this very day. 

23 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Well played Labour admin, well played... :lol:

Screenshot_20240727-134701_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fdb6d4152110e013e73240594240a713.jpg

Sunak probably looked at all the folk wearing emergency contraceptives and thought "still, could be worse".

Kemi says she will stand.
Suella says she won’t stand. 

• Facepalm 1

5vur3i.jpg

• Like 2

I've got the 10 votes but everybody hates me so I'm not going to stand. So much for standing for your principles. Really thought Cruella would stand to prove she couldn't win, giving her the excuse to jump ship to Reform. What's she going to do now? What odds she couldn't actually raise the 10 nominations? :rolleyes:

I feel like Cruella will stomp off on a hissy fit to Reform anyway regardless of what happens. More than likely she's only just managed to scrape 10 votes together.

• Like 1

When actually was it when serving politicians started churning out hissy fit columns in the national rags anyway? I don't remember that being a thing only a few short years ago.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2024 at 22:36, Brad252 said:

So that's HS2 going to Euston then.

• Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Just stop Oil need to be treated as a terror group. 

https://x.com/mirrorbreaking_/status/1817837606522028485?s=61

Yeah, tell me you don't know what terrorism means without telling me you don't know what terrorism means.

They're sat in a fucking corridor. They're disruptors, not terrorists.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Father Brown said:

I feel like Cruella will stomp off on a hissy fit to Reform anyway regardless of what happens. More than likely she's only just managed to scrape 10 votes together.

Me and a few of my friends have got a sweepstake on how long after the new party leader is elected will it take for her to defect, all of our guesses are under a month.