Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Mel Stride makes it to the next round

20240904_153931.jpg

Jenrick on top but Membership polls are showing Badernoch as favourite.  Could end up with a situation where the majority of MP’s didn’t back who the membership chose. 

Patel can go back to what she does best: turning Medusa to stone with her smirk.

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Jenrick on top but Membership polls are showing Badernoch as favourite. 

I have seen contradictory polls from both the Badenoch and Cleverly campaigns both showing their candidate winning in head to heads against all the other candidates but these are based on only about 800 Tory party members approx 0.5% of the eligible vote 

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

20240904_153931.jpg

Love it!!! She was supposed to be consensus candidate! :lol: There was clearly a consensus - that she not be leader!

19 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

20240904_153931.jpg

Now just run away and stay away ugly in pink.

How the hell is Jenrick doing so well? He occupies the worst of both worlds in that he's both boring and dangerous. He's neither a roof-raising populist nor a moderate in his politics (just look at his asylum policy). Same with Cleverly to a slightly lesser extent. I'm really not sure who would vote for either of them in an election. 

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

How the hell is Jenrick doing so well? He occupies the worst of both worlds in that he's both boring and dangerous. He's neither a roof-raising populist nor a moderate in his politics (just look at his asylum policy). Same with Cleverly to a slightly lesser extent. I'm really not sure who would vote for either of them in an election. 

My guess is he's simply the slipperiest turd in a barrel full of turds. I've not forgotten his planning duplicity - the turd.

In brighter news, it definitely won't matter in any meaningful way for at least 4 years and hopefully longer :D.

20 minutes ago, En Passant said:

My guess is he's simply the slipperiest turd in a barrel full of turds. I've not forgotten his planning duplicity - the turd.

In brighter news, it definitely won't matter in any meaningful way for at least 4 years and hopefully longer :D.

I've seen his face in the news over a million times and I still wouldn't recognise him even if I met him in the street and he directly introduced himself. Probably a good thing though. 

Starmer gets flack for being 'boring' but he still has a million times the relatability that Jenrick has. I prefer politicians who value substance over style but Jenrick's terminal lack of either isn't a good look for the Tories. Most people want something. 

• Facepalm 1

This told me all I needed to know about Jenrick.  

Proved himself to be a spiteful and petty cunt.

• Like 3
  • Angry 2

4 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

He is effectively an anti immigration populist. 

Kemi Badenoch for the win. She could certainly lose the next election. Looking at her teeth she might recruit a few dentists, however. It’s a shame JDog hasn’t thrown his top hat into the ring. We could do with a leader who relates to the common man

Ooh, I see mymango and his constantly bleeding forehead has broken free of the Jimmy Carter thread.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rachael Maskell has become a Labour rebel against the winter fuel cut. There is speculation Starmer will suspend the ship from any Labour MP who votes against the cut next Tuesday, 

On 05/09/2024 at 14:41, Sod's Law said:

How the hell is Jenrick doing so well? He occupies the worst of both worlds in that he's both boring and dangerous.

I think that is their aim. They're all clowns, but it's the matter of picking the Tory whose shoes won't squeak the loudest (ie, stay out of the headlines for the wrong reasons as much as possible).

Starmer hinting those Labour mp’s who are set to vote against the Winter fuel cuts will get the whip suspended. 

Also I feel like the clip of him saying we have to be unpopular could be something that backfired on him if they don’t win the 2029 election. 

• Facepalm 1

On 04/09/2024 at 15:40, Bibliogryphon said:

Mel Stride has now been eliminated. Four left. 
Jenrick -33

Badenoch - 28

Cleverly - 21

Tugendaht - 21

Stride - 16

Clberly being described as underperforming predictions by the media on Twitter. 

• Like 1

So where do the 16 Stride supporters go? If they're sensible enough to have avoided Jenrick and Badenoch so far, could they break more for Tugendhat than Cleverley? If he can see off Cleverley, he could be the voice of reason against the terrible twosome if MPs want to give the membership some choice. Looks almost certain it will end up being Jenrick who wins though. What an amazing race to the bottom the Tory Party is engaged in. It'll be Farage next. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

So where do the 16 Stride supporters go? If they're sensible enough to have avoided Jenrick and Badenoch so far, could they break more for Tugendhat than Cleverley? If he can see off Cleverley, he could be the voice of reason against the terrible twosome if MPs want to give the membership some choice. Looks almost certain it will end up being Jenrick who wins though. What an amazing race to the bottom the Tory Party is engaged in. It'll be Farage next. :facepalm:

Don’t polls suggest Badenoch would beat any of them with the Tory Membership even Jenrick? It’s perfectly possible more MP’s back Jenrick but she wins the Membership like Truss did over Sunak. 

Mel Stride, & failed. (or summat. Needs work maybe)

• Haha 2

On 03/09/2024 at 09:47, YoungWillz said:

No word on it yet, but will Labour scrap the single person discount on Council Tax? https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/labours-angela-rayner-evades-questions-29856692

If they do, they are hmm, how you say, cunts. 

The Telegraph say Labour refused to rule it out today. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/starmer-set-to-target-millions-more-pensioners-by-scrapping-council-tax-discount/ar-AA1qptZ7

There needs to be a campaign to have a pay phone inside or nearby to every single secondary school as well as at all train stations. 

On 03/09/2024 at 09:47, YoungWillz said:

No word on it yet, but will Labour scrap the single person discount on Council Tax? https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/labours-angela-rayner-evades-questions-29856692

If they do, they are hmm, how you say, cunts. 

That would be monstrous.  Single people already suffer from having to foot all the bills without anyone to share the cost.

But I suspect that this is a rumour put out to distract from the winter fuel payment cock-up.  Give people something else to be outraged about and then have nothing come of it.  Hope so anyway.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Toast said:

That would be monstrous.  Single people already suffer from having to foot all the bills without anyone to share the cost.

But I suspect that this is a rumour put out to distract from the winter fuel payment cock-up.  Give people something else to be outraged about and then have nothing come of it.  Hope so anyway.

With Labour assume anything they won’t rule out doing when asked as something that is going to happen.