Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Did anyone see Nick Clegg on The Last Leg last night? As a long-term fan of the show I was well aware it wouldn't be anything ground breaking in terms of interrogation but there was a couple of moments of genuine interrogation among the choreographed 2010esque jovial bloke you'd like to be mates with bollocks, he called Boris Johnson a twat, admitted to wanting to slap David Cameron on at least twenty occasions and crucially didn't know the size of the UK national debt or greek national debt! But all in all it was a far cry from Frost/Nixon.

• Like 1

Did anyone see Nick Clegg on The Last Leg last night? As a long-term fan of the show I was well aware it wouldn't be anything ground breaking in terms of interrogation but there was a couple of moments of genuine interrogation among the choreographed 2010esque jovial bloke you'd like to be mates with bollocks, he called Boris Johnson a twat, admitted to wanting to slap David Cameron on at least twenty occasions and crucially didn't know the size of the UK national debt or greek national debt! But all in all it was a far cry from Frost/Nixon.

I'm guessing yes.

I care little for Clegg, his political ideas or business, but his language skills so impress me. During the last election he did an interview for Dutch tv, shot on campaign.The content was unremarkable, but the form wasn't. His mother is Dutch, he explained, in Dutch I can't tell from a native speaker. Reportedly he's also fluent in Spanish. What a waste of talent.

regards,

Hein

I care little for Clegg, his political ideas or business, but his language skills so impress me. During the last election he did an interview for Dutch tv, shot on campaign.The content was unremarkable, but the form wasn't. His mother is Dutch, he explained, in Dutch I can't tell from a native speaker. Reportedly he's also fluent in Spanish. What a waste of talent.

regards,

Hein

.........and he is still a twat. Whatever the language.

Sky News were/are doing the work of whoever makes Satan look good with their "Stand Up and Be Counted" thing about getting young voters involved.

They had some student fucktards talking to Cameron and some utterly gormless twat said to him "you know, the way they all shout at each other during PMQs is disgusting.........."

Way to pick a really important, pressing fucking issue in this world & these times you thick fat cunt....

Just found out that my wages are to be duducted as from 1/3 for something called The Peoples Pension.

That is what NI contributions were for your theiving cocklords. You can ram it you nazi pieces of shit.

Next up, id cards and photo driving licences . No chance.

Just found out that my wages are to be duducted as from 1/3 for something called The Peoples Pension.

That is what NI contributions were for your theiving cocklords. You can ram it you nazi pieces of shit.

More like "no, chance" sadly.

HTH

• Like 1

National Voter Registration Day. Surely people who aren't able to deduce for themselves from the letters already sent by councils this year and you know the news and internet it's a GE year and they need to register to vote shouldn't be entitled to vote?

More like "no, chance" sadly.

:D , aye, 'if' you let them.

My driving license is 15 years out of date address wise, and no fucking chance of me updating it.

Coppers keep bringing it up that it is an offense every time I'm pulled, but they never bother to do anything about it.

And id cards will be treated the same, hell, I've not even paid council tax for about 8 years.

HTH

Ta, yeah, had seen that, though my main gripe is you can only do it after they have set you up an account and taken a payment .

Seriously considering jacking in my job over this, which may seem like an overreaction , but it may be the push I need after almost 8years doing this shit.

National Voter Registration Day. Surely people who aren't able to deduce for themselves from the letters already sent by councils this year and you know the news and internet it's a GE year and they need to register to vote shouldn't be entitled to vote?

No this is important as many people will assume they are still registered as they have been previously. This is going to mostly affect Students and people who live in multi-occupancy units.

This was a change brought in by Labour to move to individual rather than household registration but the argument goes that it has suited the Tories not to bring it to the attention of the above groups too blatently as those people probably wouldn't vote Tory.

No this is important as many people will assume they are still registered as they have been previously. This is going to mostly affect Students and people who live in multi-occupancy units.

This was a change brought in by Labour to move to individual rather than household registration but the argument goes that it has suited the Tories not to bring it to the attention of the above groups too blatently as those people probably wouldn't vote Tory.

That argument might hold some weight if the letters didn't say on the envelope the way we register vote is changing.

That argument might hold some weight if the letters didn't say on the envelope the way we register vote is changing.

Assuming people saw the letters and didn't just chuck them out with all the other junk mail. There was a similar issue about the letters that went out about data sharing in the NHS. The programme had to be postponed because most people weren't aware of the issue. This should have been supported by a media campaign.

Assuming people saw the letters and didn't just chuck them out with all the other junk mail. There was a similar issue about the letters that went out about data sharing in the NHS. The programme had to be postponed because most people weren't aware of the issue. This should have been supported by a media campaign.

This is a problem caused (or at least not helped) by the semi-privatisation of Royal Mail. Back in the 'good old days' you could be pretty sure that what the postie left on your doormat was actual post that needed at least some attention; now that the PO has to pay for itself they're obliged to take just about anything.

Of course, if it was obvious that the junk mail on your doormat was junk, we'd just throw it away so in order to get us to look at said junk mail in amongst the pizza menus and window cleaners flyers, the canny marketeer dresses it up to look like its important by putting it in an envelope.

Consequently, many assume that the anonymous looking envelope addressed 'to the occupier' (as my registration letter was) is another marketing letter from Virgin Media (other just as irritating mass-marketeers are available).

That's my theory fwiw.

• Like 2

This is a problem caused (or at least not helped) by the semi-privatisation of Royal Mail. Back in the 'good old days' you could be pretty sure that what the postie left on your doormat was actual post that needed at least some attention; now that the PO has to pay for itself they're obliged to take just about anything.

Of course, if it was obvious that the junk mail on your doormat was junk, we'd just throw it away so in order to get us to look at said junk mail in amongst the pizza menus and window cleaners flyers, the canny marketeer dresses it up to look like its important by putting it in an envelope.

Consequently, many assume that the anonymous looking envelope addressed 'to the occupier' (as my registration letter was) is another marketing letter from Virgin Media (other just as irritating mass-marketeers are available).

That's my theory fwiw.

Well we got a letter but it was only addressed to me, I actually had to contact my council to check that it included my wife and daughter as I expected them to get individual registration letters as otherwise it rather defeats the object.

Had an interesting cold call on Friday from a marketing company checking into my opinions about the current climate for business. I asked them three times why they were doing this only to be told it was for their "own research."

Bollocks IMHO, though which party was behind it, I don't know.

Had an interesting cold call on Friday from a marketing company checking into my opinions about the current climate for business. I asked them three times why they were doing this only to be told it was for their "own research."

Bollocks IMHO, though which party was behind it, I don't know.

When they start asking questions about burglar alarms and office hours you do.

regards,

Hein

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/the-dragon-welsh-flag-nothing-8638789

I can only imagine the UKIP campaign posters for this guy... "we aren't racist, we have black homophobic nutjobs too". If this guy wasn't black he'd be a great Tea Party candidate. Welsh flag a sign of satan... founder of the Christian Party which some of you may know as Britain's answer to the sharia law party for fundamental christians...

There really is no words for this nutjob except he'll never get fucking elected..... at least I bloody wanking hope so?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/the-dragon-welsh-flag-nothing-8638789

I can only imagine the UKIP campaign posters for this guy... "we aren't racist, we have black homophobic nutjobs too". If this guy wasn't black he'd be a great Tea Party candidate. Welsh flag a sign of satan... founder of the Christian Party which some of you may know as Britain's answer to the sharia law party for fundamental christians...

There really is no words for this nutjob except he'll never get fucking elected..... at least I bloody wanking hope so?

Very brave of the Coventry Telegraph there to take on the frightening religion of Christianity. We all know how they'll break into your offices and shoot you if you mess with them! Oh wait that's the other one.......

There's a docu-drama (more drama than docu, mind) on this week, imagining the first 100 days of an unexpected UKIP government. "Real" in the same way the drama about the execution of Gary Glitter was a perverse peak into a world on the fringe of possibility, or summat.

• Like 1

Very brave of the Coventry Telegraph there to take on the frightening religion of Christianity. We all know how they'll break into your offices and shoot you if you mess with them! Oh wait that's the other one.......

The illness isn't islam, christianity or whatever. As history shows, some xians, when given the opportunity, will do the same. The illness is a society that condones and supports fanaticism.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

The illness is a society that tolerates the existence of extremist intolerance. The cure, ironically, for religious extremist intolerance is intolerance.

Changed our tune have we?