Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I like his initials

• Like 1

I was more thinking electoral crucifixion*, not the death of comedy. Or, just the general suggestion that the country's magical saviour may be disguised as a tour manager that Billy Bragg fired for being too dull.

(*not that I give a Davy Jones about a supposed election that may as well be 50 years away based on current world stability, just noticed 'em and felt the need to point it out)

I was more thinking electoral crucifixion*, not the death of comedy. Or, just the general suggestion that the country's magical saviour may be disguised as a tour manager that Billy Bragg fired for being too dull.

(*not that I give a Davy Jones about a supposed election that may as well be 50 years away based on current world stability, just noticed 'em and felt the need to point it out)

I take it you are unfamiliar with the Not The Nine O' Clock News sketch - General Synod's Life of Python.

"Bloody hell even the initials are the same"

"When two or three are gathered together they will perform the Parrot sketch"

• Like 1

I take it you are unfamiliar with the Not The Nine O' Clock News sketch - General Synod's Life of Python.

Yes, thankfully you are correct.

Some might say Corbyn's parroting the dead (Michael Foot). I'm not necessarily buying all this "omg doomed Labour" BS. Unlike most of them I like to keep an open mind, you never know what is going to happen in the next two weeks these days.

• Like 1

Some might say say Corbyn's parroting the dead (Michael Foot). I'm not necessarily buying all this "omg doomed Labour" BS. Unlike most of them I like to keep an open mind, you never know what is going to happen in the next two weeks these days.

I do not think whoever wins will actually lead Labour into the next election.

Some might say say Corbyn's parroting the dead (Michael Foot). I'm not necessarily buying all this "omg doomed Labour" BS. Unlike most of them I like to keep an open mind, you never know what is going to happen in the next two weeks these days.

I do not think whoever wins will actually lead Labour into the next election.

Aye,if Corbyn sneaks in he could possibly become Labour's Duncan Smith, though - to be fair - IDS was such a disaster the nasty party started to turn it round from there.

Fucking hell MPFC IDS getting booted out as leader of the Tories, that's so nostalgic. Will we ever see years the like of 2004 again?

I've often thought, that quite possibly it was the relentless mockery of "The Quiet Man" that made him into the Sutcliffe-but-with-cripples-instead-of-prozzies he is today. For realsies... I almost feel bad about it since I of course joined in.

On a lighter note I was a big fan of Mikey Howard (you remember, he replaced IDS as leader) back in the day. One of the most underrated characters, hectoring Blair in that ludicrous voice like he did, that was class.

I liked the days when that was all anyone remembered about IDS. "The quiet man is here to stay and he's turning up the volume!" BBC News showed that bit on a loop, and it was the first time I ever thought I'd seen a career die before my eyes. If only...

Its far too soon to say Labour wont win the next election. I mean, I don't think they will, but 5 years is an eternity away. Five years ago, Leslie Nielsen was still alive! Besides, there's that EU referendum coming up, and if Scotland has told me anything, its that big passion subject referendums explode in ways no one expects, and the long term parties can be burned from them. So who knows? We might have 3 right wing parties where one Tory party was, or Labour could splinter, or UKIP and the Greens and Labour could merge to form Syriza II.

• Like 1

Europe could certainly cause an implosion in the Conservative party but remember Cameron is only 7 By-elections away from a minority government.

Europe could certainly cause an implosion in the Conservative party but remember Cameron is only 7 By-elections away from a minority government.

thats wishful thinking if ever i saw it!!!

he's just 6 heart attacks/strokes away from teetering on the brink, unfortunately if any go first it will be the Scottish lot, Life expectancy of a scot is somewhere in the 60s aint it?

Losing 7 by-elections in one parliament would put him in John Major territory, and suggest a substantial swing away from the Tories at the next election anyhow.

Whoops, did I make that light-hearted "let's give him the benefit of the doubt" defence of Corbyn before I read this not-so-little list of some of his lovable pals?

Labour aren't going to be in government for 10-15 years anyway so they might as well have Ken Dodd as leader...

Whoops, did I make that light-hearted "let's give him the benefit of the doubt" defence of Corbyn before I read this not-so-little list of some of his lovable pals?

I watched Andrew Neil last week trying that cobblers about talking to the IRA in the wake of the 1984 Brighton bombing. Never mind the fact Andrew that the British government did have talks with the Provos within months of this apparent threat to British DemocracyTM and didn't tell anyone about it for 20 years!

I watched Andrew Neil last week trying that cobblers about talking to the IRA in the wake of the 1984 Brighton bombing. Never mind the fact Andrew that the British government did have talks with the Provos within months of this apparent threat to British DemocracyTM and didn't tell anyone about it for 20 years!

Well personally I er... *cough* wasn't really that bothered about the fucking IRA part......

In fact I have no idea why Gilligan-Beginagain decided to lead with that photo other than, perhaps like me was lightly amused by the way Jeremy was dressed like he was about to warm up the audience for a taping of Bullseye.

I can't quite understand why Corbyn is regarded as such a radical. He's proposing lots of stuff that are mainstream policies in the USA or in Germany, the two-state solution, will all parties at the table, ending sanctions on Iran which is currently happening, infrastructure banks... There's nothing that makes me think, wow, that's a little out there...

Well personally I er... *cough* wasn't really that bothered about the fucking IRA part......

Is that because they are cuddly and harmless now? We have brown bearded terrorists now instead of white bearded terrorists...

I can't quite understand why Corbyn is regarded as such a radical. He's proposing lots of stuff that are mainstream policies in the USA or in Germany, the two-state solution, will all parties at the table, ending sanctions on Iran which is currently happening, infrastructure banks... There's nothing that makes me think, wow, that's a little out there...

He disagrees with reducing the deficit at any cost, in the UK at the minute - due to press bias and fabrication - that makes him Stalin's successor.

On a much cooler note - if you need any proof that weed makes you lazy - there's an estimated 3 million people who smoke weed in the uk yet only 1 in 30 of them have bothered to sign the petition to legalise it despite it being up nearly a week.

He disagrees with reducing the deficit at any cost, in the UK at the minute - due to press bias and fabrication - that makes him Stalin's successor.

On a much cooler note - if you need any proof that weed makes you lazy - there's an estimated 3 million people who smoke weed in the uk yet only 1 in 30 of them have bothered to sign the petition to legalise it despite it being up nearly a week.

Too busy down at the petrol station ordering munchies...

• Like 1

Petitions and stuff are, like, so the objects of oppression by The Man, man. I'd assume.

Though given I did once know a drug smoking hippy who told people to vote Tory as... Tory government would bring in the day of revolution faster, perhaps I'm crediting them with too much intelligence.

Petitions and stuff are, like, so the objects of oppression by The Man, man. I'd assume.

Though given I did once know a drug smoking hippy who told people to vote Tory as... Tory government would bring in the day of revolution faster, perhaps I'm crediting them with too much intelligence.

Hopefully this'll be a launchpad for more direct action. I don't even smoke weed and I want it legalised.

Hopefully this'll be a launchpad for more direct action. I don't even smoke weed and I want it legalised.

I've often wondered if I were to write petition to ban smoking of anything (cigs, weed, banana skins) would raise more signatures than those wanting cans of bis legalised.

I want more research done into it, and for it to be treated as a prescription med. Therefore, both the "keep it illegal" and "legalise it" crowds both hate me!

I've often wondered if I were to write petition to ban smoking of anything (cigs, weed, banana skins) would raise more signatures than those wanting cans of bis legalised.

Does smoking banana skims actually work?

• Like 1