Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Petitions and stuff are, like, so the objects of oppression by The Man, man. I'd assume.

Though given I did once know a drug smoking hippy who told people to vote Tory as... Tory government would bring in the day of revolution faster, perhaps I'm crediting them with too much intelligence.

Hopefully this'll be a launchpad for more direct action. I don't even smoke weed and I want it legalised.

I've often wondered if I were to write petition to ban smoking of anything (cigs, weed, banana skins) would raise more signatures than those wanting cans of bis legalised.

Does smoking banana skims actually work?

No idea, but read this...

http://io9.com/5946553/why-hippies-thought-smoking-banana-peels-could-get-you-high

• Like 1

I can't quite understand why Corbyn is regarded as such a radical. He's proposing lots of stuff that are mainstream policies in the USA or in Germany, the two-state solution, will all parties at the table, ending sanctions on Iran which is currently happening, infrastructure banks... There's nothing that makes me think, wow, that's a little out there...

He disagrees with reducing the deficit at any cost, in the UK at the minute - due to press bias and fabrication - that makes him Stalin's successor.

On a much cooler note - if you need any proof that weed makes you lazy - there's an estimated 3 million people who smoke weed in the uk yet only 1 in 30 of them have bothered to sign the petition to legalise it despite it being up nearly a week.

Maybe many of these people want weed to be illegal because it's their most comfortable way of undermining the rule of law.

• Like 1

See the Daily Mail are trying to imply Corbyn's a pedo...

You mean they're saying he failed to act on reports of abuse in care homes... like practically every other MP in the 80s/90s... which is not the same. I'm still baffled as to how we aren't currently being forced to pray 15 times a day by a newly enshrined Ayatollah Milibandi, when you consider the skill and zeal with which demented lefties seem to be able to spin every single piece of reportage ever while keeping a straight face. Sex abuse victims say how MP failed to act becomes "EVIL RIGHT WINGERS TRYING TO SMEAR MAGICAL BEARDED GENIUS" and yet at the same time handful of Tory MPs did abuse in 80s/90s becomes "THATCHER WAS AN EVIL PEDO QUEEN".

Cheers for the link btw, lefties once again show how tiny their world is when they assume everyone spends the same regulation 20 minutes the do every morning/weekend afternoon tutting and muttering away at the front page of "enemy" publications......

You mean they're saying he failed to act on reports of abuse in care homes... like practically every other MP in the 80s/90s... which is not the same. I'm still baffled as to how we aren't currently being forced to pray 15 times a day by a newly enshrined Ayatollah Milibandi, when you consider the skill and zeal with which demented lefties seem to be able to spin every single piece of reportage ever while keeping a straight face. Sex abuse victims say how MP failed to act becomes "EVIL RIGHT WINGERS TRYING TO SMEAR MAGICAL BEARDED GENIUS" and yet at the same time handful of Tory MPs did abuse in 80s/90s becomes "THATCHER WAS AN EVIL PEDO QUEEN".

Cheers for the link btw, lefties once again show how tiny their world is when they assume everyone spends the same regulation 20 minutes the do every morning/weekend afternoon tutting and muttering away at the front page of "enemy" publications......

It also makes a long list of things he did campaign on in a sort of... "why'd he leave this out?" insinuation.

I make a point of never linking to the daily mail - it provides it with unwarranted traffic. The article only came to my attention because I googled Jeremy Corbyn to check his age (for deathlisting purposes).

So, did David Cameron skull fuck a dead pig?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see this discussion already going on in the by-election thread.

• Like 1

So, did David Cameron skull fuck a dead pig?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see this discussion already going on in the by-election thread.

To be fair I always thought he was a boaring fucker and think this just hams home how much of a dickhead he is. Although whatever he did was clearly part of a joint enterprise, so, if he and his mates have been offal swines, the pigs will hopefully not just grab him by hoof for it.

• Like 1

Just watching Cameron deliver sweet and sour pork balls at a news conference.

United Kingdom now has its begging bowl out to the world, like a millionaire who lost all his money on the stock markets, the country is now and remains broke on the back of bankers (who remain protected in an unreformed and still de-regulated market). We have and engender closer links with countries like Saudi Arabia and China, and our own folk can be thrown on the scrapheap whilst rulers of other countries graciously visit our country and eat venison at the taxpayers expense.

The hypocrisy continues as Cameron lauds the Northern Powerhouse with a train line that will come too late, as soon there will be little to no manufactured goods to send south. He welcomes the closeness of Chinese students ever more choosing to study in the UK, whilst all the while deporting them or requiring them to leave at the end of their study (and thus of no continuing benefit) just to keep his immigration numbers down.

The mutual understanding we seem to have with China is that we can dispense with human rights, just like the Chinese.

I could go on. It's come to THIS?

• Like 1

And now we are entertaining Modi from India (also having a meal with Her Majesty).

Modi's record on human rights is hardly spectacular - see tuppence rant above. And here's the story from the Mail (sorry to quote, but it's pertinent) about the money that the UK gives and is giving to India (btw, one of the top fastest growing world economies in the world) in international development aid, despite promising to cease it by this year. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2947400/Lunar-cy-India-gets-cash-British-aid-send-250million-rocket-moon.html

Meanwhile we are trotting out celebrities for Children In Need so the British public can put their collective hands in their pocket to support kids in poverty in the UK.

Lovely.

Edit: India would also be richer if it actually collected all the taxes due and tackled local corruption. Today the UK announced a closure plan for HMRC offices who could also tackle non-payment of taxes here.

Oh no. That guy who was in that thing says Labour electing Jeremy Corbyn is a "mistake"

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/nov/20/robert-webb-announces-he-has-left-labour-and-cites-election-of-corbyn-peep-show

I'm sure "standing order cancelled" will be up there with "The lamps are going out all over Europe" one day.

I can't help but notice there's a lack of meedyur/TeeVee people (or just loud-mouthed people in general) calling Turkey "dangerous irresponsible warmongers" etc. for shooting down a Russian plane, when tensions are as high as they are now, but there were lots of them calling George W. Bush one just because he invaded the shithole of Iraq back in the sleepy little year of 2003. Guys...? You'll pipe up any minute now, right?

Fucking hell that is insane..

CY9EP76WYAIMVVl.jpg

The Sun actually did something funny!

(erm p.s. PB or some1 could you move this post to the Political discussion thread? I don't like this thread much and I'm disowning it like a son whose favourite episode of The Simpsons is "Last Exit to Springfield")

The Falklands deal should've been done afore Maggie got all moist at the thought of reelection , but the other 2 are nuts.

Edited by Magere Hein
Two posts moved from "Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff..." topic

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jan/31/comments-audience-censorship-criticism

Comment is "Free" just got even less free!

The Guardian is no longer allowing comments on immigration articles. Presumably because erm, even in their fucking backyard the tide of opinion isn't going their way any more.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jan/31/comments-audience-censorship-criticism

Comment is "Free" just got even less free!

The Guardian is no longer allowing comments on immigration articles. Presumably because erm, even in their fucking backyard the tide of opinion isn't going their way any more.

The amount of censored comments on a thread there early was pitiful - 2 pages and only about 4 comments not removed. Can you guess what the topic was?

This is probably the most appropriate thread to post this on and poses a thought provoking question

Why are white people expats when the rest of us are immigrants?

I've always identified myself as an immigrant, not an expat.

In the 90s I worked in London for half a year. I didn't call myself immigrant nor expat, nothing at all, really. I didn't have the esprit to present myself as a gastarbeiter.

This is probably the most appropriate thread to post this on and poses a thought provoking question

In the 90s I worked in London for half a year. I didn't call myself immigrant nor expat, nothing at all, really. I didn't have the esprit to present myself as a gastarbeiter.

Well I've been here for 12 years now, so I suppose I would fall under the category of an immigrant.

A gastarbeiter or guest worker, conjures up the definition that you're working on contract from a company that has offices in different countries.

Well I've been here for 12 years now, so I suppose I would fall under the category of an immigrant.

A gastarbeiter or guest worker, conjures up the definition that you're working on contract from a company that has offices in different countries.

I prefer the term 'resident alien'.

• Like 1

I prefer the term 'resident alien'.

I think of ex-pats as people of the same nationality as me who are living abroad. I don't think it's a matter of race or colour.

Red Tory and former Labour MP for my constituency, Tom Greatrex, appears on BBC News in relation to his comfy new job with the Nuclear Industry Association.

Wonder what jobs the Establishment has found for all those political losers from the 2015 election....

Interesting, our new and shiny PM, Justin Trudeau, gaining international recognition for being a hunk. He actually has decent policies and formed a balanced cabinet. More than a pretty face, eh?

• Like 1

Interesting, our new and shiny PM, Justin Trudeau, gaining international recognition for being a hunk. He actually has decent policies and formed a balanced cabinet. More than a pretty face, eh?

Hold on, Im not up on Canadian Politics so forgive me being thick but...........

Has his success got anything to do with the, ya know, family name???????

Hmmmmm.