Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

31 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Now blocked a Sir and a Lord.

Must be something about self-elevating posters that I rub up the wrong way. :lol:

Ooer missus.

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Ooer missus.

Im not sure he would be able to, I mean, he could go at any time.

He is a ticking time bomb ffs!!!

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

Ooer missus.

I'm sure I won't miss him.

Lord Troll-atio can still delight everyone else with his amazing insight.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Willz deciding to block you is akin to finding out that the person who passed you up as a teenager when you were looking for a leg up into the music industry was actually Jonathan King. :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No. It was your use of the phrase "rub up the wrong way" that elicited the schoolgirl giggles.

• Like 1

Council byelection result in Lancashire:

OWL gain from Tory.

What a hoot!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The deputy leader of Kensington & Chelsea council, and the man in charge of housing in the borough, is called Rock Feilding-Mellen. He's just resigned.

His mum is an aristo, Amanda Feilding, who in the 60s became obsessed with trepanning as a method of raising her consciousness levels beyond what could be achieved via LSD. She trepanned her partner, Joey Mellen, and then herself.

"In a surgical store Joey found a trepan instrument, a kind of auger or corkscrew designed to be worked by hand. It was much cheaper and, Joey felt, more sensitive than an electric drill. Its main feature was a metal spike, surrounded by a ring of saw-teeth. The spike was meant to be driven into the skull, holding the trepan steady until the revolving saw made a groove, after which it could be retracted. If all went well, the saw-band should remove a disc of bone and expose the brain.

Joey's first attempt at self-trepanation was a fiasco. He had no previous medical experience, and the needles he had bought for administering a local anaesthetic to the crown of his head proved to be too thin and crumpled up or broke. Next day he obtained some stouter needles, took a tab of LSD to steady his nerves and set to in earnest. First he made an incision to the bone, and then applied the trepan to his bared skull. But the first part of the operation, driving the spike into the bone, was impossible to accomplish. Joey described it as like trying to uncork a bottle from the inside. He realized he needed help and telephoned Bart in Amsterdam, who promised he would come over and assist at the next operation. This plan was frustrated by the Home Office, which listed Dr Huges as an undesirable visitor to Britain and barred his entry.

Amanda agreed to take his place. Soon after her return to London she helped Joey re-open the wound in his head and, by pressing the trepan with all her might against his skull, managed to get the spike to take hold and the saw-teeth to bite. Joey then took over at cranking the saw. Once again he had swallowed some LSD. After a long period of sawing, just as he was about to break through, he suddenly fainted. Amanda called an ambulance and he was taken to hospital, where horrified doctors told him that he was lucky to be alive and that if he had drilled a fraction of an inch further he would have killed himself.

The psychiatrists took a particular interest in his case, and a group of them arranged to examine him. Before this could be done, he had to appear in court on a charge of possessing a small amount of cannabis. The magistrate demanded another psychiatrist's report and remanded him for a week in prison.

There followed a period of embarrassment as the rumour went round London that Joey Mellen had trepanned himself, whereas in fact he had failed to do so. As soon as possible, therefore, he prepared for a third attempt. Proceeding as before, but now with the benefit of experience, he soon found the groove from the previous operation and began to saw through the sliver of bone separating him from enlightenment or, as the doctors had predicted, instant death. What followed is best quoted from Bore Hole.

'After some time there was an ominous sounding schlurp and the sound of bubbling. I drew the trepan out and the gurgling continued. It sounded like air bubbles running under the skull as they were pressed out. I looked at the trepan and there was a bit of bone in it. At last! On closer inspection I saw that the disc of bone was much deeper on one side than on the other. Obviously the trepan had not been straight and had gone through at one point only, then the piece of bone had snapped off and come out. I was reluctant to start drilling again for fear of damaging the brain membranes with the deeper part while I was cutting through the rest or of breaking off a splinter. If only I had had an electric drill it would have been so much simpler. Amanda was sure I was through. There seemed no other explanation of the schlurping noises. I decided to call it a day. At that time I thought that any hole would do, no matter what size. I bandaged up my head and cleared away the mess.'

There was still doubt in his mind as to whether he had really broken through and, if so, whether the hole was big enough to restore pulsation to his brain. The operation had left him with a feeling of wellbeing, but he realized that it could simply be from relief at having ended it. To put the matter beyond doubt, he decided to bore another hole at a new spot just above the hairline, this time using an electric drill. In the spring of 1970 Amanda was in America and Joey did the operation alone. He applied the drill to his forehead, but after half an hour's work the electric cable burnt out. Once again he was frustrated. An engineer in the flat below him was able to repair the instrument, and next day he set out to finish the job. 'This time I was not in any doubt. The drill head went at least an inch deep through the hole. A great gush of blood followed my withdrawal of the drill. In the mirror I could see the blood in the hole rising and falling with the pulsation of the brain.'

The result was all he had hoped for. During the next four hours he felt his spirits rising higher until he reached a state of freedom and serenity which, he claims, has been with him ever since.

For some time now he had been sharing a flat with Amanda, and when she came back from America she immediately noticed the change in him. This encouraged her to join him on the mental plane by doing her own trepanation. The operation was carefully recorded. She had obtained a cine-camera, and Joey stood by, filming, as she attacked her head with an electric drill. The film shows her carefully at work, dressed in a blood-spattered white robe. She shaves her hair, makes an incision in her head with a scalpel and calmly starts drilling. Blood spurts as she penetrates the skull. She lays aside the drill and with a triumphant smile advances towards Joey and the camera.

Ever since, Joey and Amanda have lived and worked together in harmony."http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qyviw_a-hole-in-the-head-self-trepanation_school

• Like 2

Future posts here will appear thus, if I choose to post here. I might. Those who might be interested may open. They may not. Those who don't can pass on the other side, safe that they haven't seen anything. Marked as read and moved on. Shame I never got my critique of Corbyn out this week. Anyone now wanting to use this thread can now stop using it as an excuse to troll or bully other members. That can no doubt be done elsewhere. For those who can still actually read their posts. Or indeed give a damn.

Good day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:
  Hide contents

Future posts here will appear thus, if I choose to post here. I might. Those who might be interested may open. They may not. Those who don't can pass on the other side, safe that they haven't seen anything. Marked as read and moved on. Shame I never got my critique of Corbyn out this week. Anyone now wanting to use this thread can now stop using it as an excuse to troll or bully other members. That can no doubt be done elsewhere. For those who can still actually read their posts. Or indeed give a damn.

Good day.

giphy.gif

:banghead:

On 6/28/2017 at 12:59, YoungWillz said:

Now blocked a Sir and a Lord.

Must be something about self-elevating posters that I rub up the wrong way. :lol:

Sorry you're so fragile and petulant you felt the need to block me.  I post lots of pertinent stuff you're missing out on.  

SC

• Like 1

Trump's visit to Poland was a yuge disaster.

Despite Trump's approval rating in Poland only being 23% (Obama is 58%), Polish government officials wanted to suck up to him so they bused in their rednecks supporters from the countryside to cheer him on in Warsaw. Pathetic!

Across from where Trump was sleeping, this sign appeared.

Then, Polish women protested his sexism by dressing up as characters from The Handmaid's Tale.

In his speech, he was criticized for  seemingly reciting stuff from Poland's Wikipedia page.

And last but not least, in a GIF that has now gone viral, Polish first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda snubs him.

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania polish first lady snubs trump gif

• Like 1

Radguy......*its Poland. Nobody gives a shit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Trump's visit to Poland was a yuge disaster.

Despite Trump's approval rating in Poland only being 23% (Obama is 58%), Polish government officials wanted to suck up to him so they bused in their rednecks supporters from the countryside to cheer him on in Warsaw. Pathetic!

Across from where Trump was sleeping, this sign appeared.

Then, Polish women protested his sexism by dressing up as characters from The Handmaid's Tale.

In his speech, he was criticized for  seemingly reciting stuff from Poland's Wikipedia page.

And last but not least, in a GIF that has now gone viral, Polish first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda snubs him.

Well, to balance things a tad, the Polish Government is Right Wing and will have more in common with Trump than, say, Merkel.

Those that voted them into power may well have been bussed in from all corners of Poland but, surely, so would have all the G20 protestors who have taken to the streets of Europe mob handed. It works both ways.

The fact that Trump is an arsehole isnt really relevent, he is Mr President of the most powerful nation on Planet Earth ( probably) and stamping your feet and protesting that he is a said arsehole will acheive absolutely fuck all.

Is it REALLY that fucking difficult to figure out that engaging him, massaging his ego and telling him how wonderful he is will get far more out of him than protesting the twats very existence?

Politics aint wot it used to be.

*tbf lfn. Its only right wing cos no Jews/lefties left after 44. But it was never a proper country anyways. Basically a carve up with Germany and the pissant countries.

And their vodka is dhit compared to Russian shit. But if potatoes ate the road to riches, the Oirish should make the best vodka. Oh that's right, they lost them all.....

5 minutes ago, charon said:

*tbf lfn. Its only right wing cos no Jews/lefties left after 44. But it was never a proper country anyways. Basically a carve up with Germany and the pissant countries.

On the basis that Germany is in full charge of Europe, well the ever extending 'Stretch Armstrong' Europe, it seems, in hindsight, that WW1 and WW2 were a bit pointless.

15 minutes ago, charon said:

Radguy......*its Poland. Nobody gives a shit.

Well, sorry for being a Polish person in Poland posting about an event in Poland involving the most powerful man on earth that was important in both the worlds of politics and memes. :rolleyes:

But to be fair, nobody cares about most stuff posted in this thread. There's like four of us in this bitch.

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The fact that Trump is an arsehole isnt really relevent, he is Mr President of the most powerful nation on Planet Earth ( probably) and stamping your feet and protesting that he is a said arsehole will acheive absolutely fuck all.

Is it REALLY that fucking difficult to figure out that engaging him, massaging his ego and telling him how wonderful he is will get far more out of him than protesting the twats very existence?

Politics aint wot it used to be.

Oy, ya make a fair point.

'Tis exactly what the Polack gov't was doing. Trying to kiss Trump's narcissistic ass to get some kind of energy and arms deals.

• Like 2

I thought you are an imperialist of Polish extraction?

Lfn... WW1+2 were far from pointless. Population reduction. Could do with another 4 or 5.....

13 minutes ago, charon said:

Lfn... WW1+2 were far from pointless. Population reduction. Could do with another 4 or 5.....

Well.......... :)

• Like 1

A good video about the North Korea situation, since they recently successfully launched a ICBM.