Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Have you tried searching minus various keywords, eg restaurant, Philadelphia etc?

my support for trump will be over if he goes to war in syria and the conservatives aswell if she joins in with or without a vote.  Clearly trump has been got at or he's is a great actor claiming America first.

I wonder how many British people want to go to war with Syria? I'd say less than 15%

I would :)

But for not the usual reasons as you can expect.

Lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43745447

BBC defends Rivers of Blood broadcast

The BBC has defended a decision to air Enoch Powell's 1968 "Rivers of Blood" speech on Radio 4.

The Archive on 4 programme, presented by BBC media editor Amol Rajan, will on Saturday broadcast the right-wing MP's anti-immigration speech - voiced by an actor - in full for the first time. 

The decision to do so was criticised as an "incitement to racial hatred".

But a BBC spokesman said it was being aired "in order to assess it fully" and for it to be analysed.

Delivered to local Conservative Party members in Birmingham, days before the second reading of the 1968 Race Relations Bill, then MP Powell referenced observations made by his Wolverhampton constituents including "in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man".

He ended with a quote from Virgil's Aeneid, when civil war in Italy is predicted with "the River Tiber foaming with much blood".

The anti-immigration speech ended his career in Edward Heath's shadow cabinet.

The Race Relations Act made it illegal to refuse housing, employment or public services to people because of their ethnic background.

Marking 50 years since the speech, Archive on 4 plans to reflect its enduring influence and significance. The full text will be read by actor Ian McDiarmid, who played Powell on stage in the play What Shadows but is probably best known for playing Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars films.

But Lord Adonis has called for the broadcast on Saturday to be cancelled and has written to the regulator Ofcom.

"What is happening to our public service broadcaster?" the Labour peer wrote on Twitter. 

He said the speech was the "worst incitement to racial violence by a public figure in modern Britain".

"Obviously this matter will be raised in parliament" should the broadcast go ahead, he wrote to Ofcom. 

A number of journalists have also criticised the broadcast, suggesting it is evidence of racism being "normalised".

cunts wanting to change history putting on the pressure.

Fuck dis shite.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toast said:

Have you tried searching minus various keywords, eg restaurant, Philadelphia etc?

Yessir.  Just not first thing sans coffee.  Alls I want is a phat headline 'Joe Vento Dead As A Dead Dog'.   Which in fact I see, but alas, it's the same old same old.
I used him as an example.  There have been a few others, I just figured no way another human was ever named Joe Vento FFS

6 hours ago, charon said:

I would :)

But for not the usual reasons as you can expect.

You just want 20 Syrian cabinet members on your DDP theme team ya cunt.  Smart actually.

OAE has ended walk out after nine days, though some school districts will still be canceling for Friday. As expected, the Oklahoma legislature hasn’t budged with anything since the two small bills that Fallin still hasn’t signed...

RIP Engineer's faith in Donald Trump, then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

RIP Engineer's faith in Donald Trump, then.

I do despair.

Do people REALLY think he, we and the Frogs are REALLY going to go to war with Syria/Russia ffs!!!

The Russians were never in danger of being blown up, they were WARNED that we were about to air strike targets.

No doubt, the Russians then told the Syrians who, by that time had already finished moving their chemical weapons facilities elsewhere.

All Political bollocks, nothing to see here.

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I do despair.

Do people REALLY think he, we and the Frogs are REALLY going to go to war with Syria/Russia ffs!!!

The Russians were never in danger of being blown up, they were WARNED that we were about to air strike targets.

No doubt, the Russians then told the Syrians who, by that time had already finished moving their chemical weapons facilities elsewhere.

All Political bollocks, nothing to see here.

Yes, it's World War III, like bombing Serbia was, and bombing Iraq, and bombing Libya, and bombing fuck I forget whatever other countries was in the 90s/00s. A wee bit of blood sports to play well at home with the right voters, none of the important nations are dumb enough to go to actual war with each other - which I got bored saying the first twenty times "Oh noes the world is totally doooooomed" appeared on here or elsewhere.

Do we really need an overdose of emoticons like a fucking cunt to denote flippancy? This board is infested with Scots, surely you're used to it by now! :D

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Yes, it's World War III, like bombing Serbia was, and bombing Iraq, and bombing Libya, and bombing fuck I forget whatever other countries was in the 90s/00s. A wee bit of blood sports to play well at home with the right voters, none of the important nations are dumb enough to go to actual war with each other - which I got bored saying the first twenty times "Oh noes the world is totally doooooomed" appeared on here or elsewhere.

Do we really need an overdose of emoticons like a fucking cunt to denote flippancy? This board is infested with Scots, surely you're used to it by now! :D

Aye, completely infested with Jocks it is! :lol:

So Tezza and chums, in a desperate last throw of the dice, hold a debate on anti-Semitism in Parliament, thus getting their attacks in on the Labour Front Bench.

Yes, the Reds do seem to have a problem with this. Just like the Tories have a problem with the poor, the sick, the disabled, the just about managing and Europeans.

Tezza, you can hardly complain when you introduced a divisive and frankly racist policy re immigration which has led to British Commonwealth citizens who have lived and contributed here for decades languishing in immigration detention centres.

Labour parliamentary candidate thinks that one of Sister Sledge was murdered by the Deep State:

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Labour parliamentary candidate thinks that one of Sister Sledge was murdered by the Deep State:

"Found unresponsive" is such a wanky euphemism for "dead".

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

"Found unresponsive" is such a wanky euphemism for "dead".

It is used as that, but in general, folk found unresponsive can be revived, it's not necessarily irreversible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, msc said:

It is used as that, but in general, folk found unresponsive can be revived, it's not necessarily irreversible.

Yeah, but if they couldn't be revived then they were dead.

25 minutes ago, msc said:

True, describes me exactly, after being forced to sit through a reality show once by an ex.

Teachers often found me unresponsive at school, usually because I was reading something more interesting behind my desk.

• Like 1

Equation for the day: Amber Rudd + Windrush =

• Like 1

Equation for the day: Jeremy Corbyn + Anti Semetism =

Equation for the day: Deathlist Forums + politics =

clippoohyawn.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Equation for the day: Deathlist Forums + politics =

clippoohyawn.gif

Fucking hell, it's a Political discussions and ranting thread.

I'm entitled to hate the fucking lot of them equally.:D

• Haha 2

Equation of the Day - Jeremy Corbyn + Scotland.

Eta

This was the right version I meant to post. Immense.

• Like 1

Equation of the Day for today, tomorrow and until Vladimir launches.

Jeremy Corbyn + love for him/his party of no righter interfering scum/and general whining fuckers =

• Haha 1