Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

On 05/12/2018 at 17:44, charon said:

As France is tearing itself apart, will we even be the first to leave the EU?

Hotting up in France, and the protests/riots in the making have now spread to Belgium and Holland.

This has the feel of when the Collapse of Communism started to accelerate :)

1 hour ago, charon said:

Hotting up in France, and the protests/riots in the making have now spread to Belgium and Holland.

This has the feel of when the Collapse of Communism started to accelerate :)

If this was anywhere near as big as the end of communism you'd expect bigger crowds...

"The clashes came after up to 8,000 demonstrators gathered in the city centre. More than 500 people have been taken into custody."

^^^ fails to see the "start to accelerate" words.....

58 minutes ago, charon said:

Lol. Might have been a couple of days ago, but the French chanting for The Donald :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealBasedMAGA/status/1070134000365289474

That's actually the UK, London, probably.

I read an article the other day, the basic thrust of it was that the French were pretty fucked off with the dictatorial tone of Macron and the constant haranguing of the working classes that they must suffer the fuel hikes 'for their own good' and tax hikes 'for their own good' on the back of the whole climate change ticket.

There is a rebellion taking place against the Political left and the 'right on' polibollocks that has began to dominate mainstream politics in Europe for a while now.

I have no doubt that there is a hard core anarchist element that is running amok out there hidden by legitimate protesting but anybody who says that the majority out there on the streets are not there for real and genuine reasons is kidding themselves.

• Like 1

I know its London, you spoiled it marky.gif

• Haha 1

Why did Theresa May cancel the vote?

T4wy4wBHTqGvEHaN0J2A_graphic_frame_15761_DCA09.jpg

Because she's a coward who's more concerned with keeping her job than the future of the nation.

• Like 1

"If the honourable looks closely I'm sure she'll notice I'm not capable of a parliamentary ejaculation!"

Going to go down as one of the weirdest things a PM has said at this dispatch box...

• Haha 1

Sock it to her deathers ninja.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fully expecting resignations of some kind.

Tezza better have left Parliament to phone Pickfords. Even Tory backbenchers are apoplectic at the further delay.

Here you go.

The result of trying to fuck a majority over by ignoring a vote.

You don't need to be fucking Hawking to figure out that the pond life who have attached themselves to Brexit will get ALOT of support from people who are utterly fucked off with the who debacle.

This was the point I was trying to make earlier, Deathers.

You can get a million remainers onto the streets of London on a Saturday but you will never get a million people marching with these cunts because they would, by association, be vile racist ball bags too.

A vote though? That's anonymous, it's a protest, a way of venting your spleen and a sure fire way of telling the political elite that you aint happy at all.

Ignore the referendum result, by all means, but you just make the far right vermin stronger and empowered.

Fucking short sighted idiocy.

stream_img.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deathray said:

"If the honourable looks closely I'm sure she'll notice I'm not capable of a parliamentary ejaculation!"

Going to go down as one of the weirdest things a PM has said at this dispatch box...

In that case I feel sorry for her.  But I really don't think looking closely would help.

^^^^ disagree with the beret'd pricks and some of the placards, but "aye".

5 minutes ago, charon said:

^^^^ disagree with the beret'd pricks and some of the placards, but "aye".

Yeah but ,TBF, they look fucking ace Frank Spencer impersonators.

menaswomenI.jpg

• Haha 1

Lol at Macron.

I hope they keep up the riots even with the capitulation from the cunt :D

• Like 1

Macron what a coward. Remember he tried to attack Trump to deflect the issue away from him and Trump just sent out a few tweets deflected it back and put him in his place. 

What will it take to get rid of May? She's holding on for dear life. I imagine there isn't much appetite for a no confidence vote around christmas/new year but maybe in the new year that will change. 29 no confidence letters now that we know about.

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

What will it take to get rid of May? She's holding on for dear life. I imagine there isn't much appetite for a no confidence vote around christmas/new year but maybe in the new year that will change. 29 no confidence letters now that we know about.

Does anyone else actually want the job at this point, though? 

I'd take it. You seen the pay?

And let's be honest, we all know I'd bugger it up, but so would all the actual MPs anyway. :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Macron what a coward. Remember he tried to attack Trump to deflect the issue away from him and Trump just sent out a few tweets deflected it back and put him in his place. 

A party one or a parliamentary one.

A party one must be due by early next year.

The parliament one bizarrely hinges on the deal actually going through parliament as that's when the DUP will abandon support for the government. 

11 minutes ago, msc said:

I'd take it. You seen the pay?

And let's be honest, we all know I'd bugger it up, but so would all the actual MPs anyway. :D

Stand for MP at the general election next year and gun for it. 

• Like 1

List of world leaders by approval rating at home (percentage of respondents approving of their perfomance):

Angela Merkel: 55%

Donald Trump: 42%

Theresa May: 35% (before this latest stunt)

Macron: 23%. 

Wow, Macron. Just wow.

• Haha 1

Labour debate today.

Quite amusing. Tories blaming Labour for the fall in the pound. So even when Labour aren't in power they are to blame for any economic failing? Might as well have them in power then. Can't be any worse than the current load of pocket liners.

Of course, I'd rather have neither governing me. :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

List of world leaders by approval rating at home (percentage of respondents approving of their perfomance):

Angela Merkel: 55%

Donald Trump: 42%

Theresa May: 35% (before this latest stunt)

Macron: 23%. 

Wow, Macron. Just wow.

Francois Hollande

To be fair to Macron he's still way more popular than his predecessor; at his lowest point of popularity Hollande had a 4% Approval Rating.

'Approval ratings[edit]

An IFOP poll released in April 2014 showed that Hollande's approval rating had dropped five points since the previous month of March to 18%, dipping below his earlier low of 20% in February during the same year.[71] In November 2014, his approval rating reached a new low of 12%, according to a YouGov poll.[72] Following the Charlie Hebdo shooting in January 2015, however, approval for Hollande increased dramatically, reaching 40% according to an IFOP poll two weeks after the attack,[73] though an Ipsos-Le Point survey in early February showed his rating declining back to 30%.[74]

Hollande is the most unpopular president of the French Fifth Republic. In September 2014, his approval rating was down to 13% according to an IFOP/JDD survey, making him the first French leader in modern times to ever break the 20% threshold.[75] One year before the end of his mandate, in April 2016, his approval rating was at 14%, and surveys predicted that if he were to run for a second term, he would be defeated in the first round of the 2017 presidential elections.[76] By November 2016, Hollande's approval rating was just 4%.[77]'

^ Impressive for Merkel, though. Not as much as Duda (72%) or Putin (105%) but still pretty good given circumstances.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, msc said:

^ Impressive for Merkel, though. Not as much as Duda (72%) or Putin (105%) but still pretty good given circumstances.

Tony Blair had a 93% approval rating at one point....