Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Is Elizabeth Warren Bernie Lite?

Well, she's definitely further left than most Democrats. She has a record of being tough on Wall Street.

However, she's voted for increasing the military budget a few times lately (as have many other Democrats, unfortunately). So that was quite disappointing of her.

In some ways she also comes off as a bit opportunist. She chose not to endorse Bernie in 2016, likely because she didn't want to get on the bad side of the Hillary-wing of the party. She's a bit of a calculating politician - and she used to be much more honest, aggressive and opinionated. So it appears that being in Congress for a few years has changed her, and not in a good way.

Overall, I guess you could say she's somewhat Bernie-lite. But Bernie is certainly to the left of her. Personally, I would easily vote for Bernie (or even Ojeda or Tulsi Gabbard) over Liz Warren in the Democratic primaries. However, I would have no problem casting my vote for Warren in the general election. If the nominee is somebody like Joe Biden, I would just vote third party probably. But yeah - Warren meets the ''progressive enough'' threshold where I would vote for her in the general election.

• Like 2

Tbh, even if a candidate I don’t like gets the nomination I will still vote for the democrat rather than a third party candidate cause it’s much more important to get Trump out of office than to protest the democratic nomination this time.

• Like 1

4 bombs have gone off in sweden in 24 hours. Media is radio silent both here and it's hardly being reported even in the swedish press. Mainly because by some miracle no one has been killed yet.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/sweden-bombing-crisis-four-explosions-in-24-hours/

• Thanks 1

On 23/01/2019 at 09:44, Phantom of the Midway said:

I like Ojeda a lot. He's moderate on some policies, but in general is a left-populist.

He can connect with leftie Bernie-bros like me, as well as with very conservative old-school Southern Democrats, and plenty of independents!

Problem is - he's being ignored by the media. He has no chance of winning the primary. 

Sadly he already suspended his campaign...

• Thanks 1

So, in another shambolic day in Brexitland, my understanding has it that Theresa May can't blame this disaster on the people who caused the disaster because it would relegate the Tories to obscurity for decades. So to avoid a disaster for the Conservative party, she's conspiring with the people who caused the disaster to blame the disaster on the EU, securing the support of the British media which very much has a hand in this disaster. 

Still, it's good satire innit.

Satire? Not sure.

Its loltastic tho :)

Makes me want to fucking emigrate.

(Not to Sconnie Botland, though.)

If all the Remainers emigrated..... It wid be a far Bonnier place to live chaplin.gif

As the Time nears the plug getting pulled for Indy #2 , this needs a re airing.

On 24/01/2019 at 01:35, the_engineer said:

4 bombs have gone off in sweden in 24 hours. Media is radio silent both here and it's hardly being reported even in the swedish press. Mainly because by some miracle no one has been killed yet.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/sweden-bombing-crisis-four-explosions-in-24-hours/

This was only reported a little bit here in Norway as well. Due to the short attention spans of most Scandinavians the events are already forgotten. The silent invasions continue.

• Like 3

Young swivel eyed cunto Ross Thomson, Tory MP for Aberdeen, up to no good.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/aberdeen-mp-ross-thomson-removed-from-commons-bar-by-police-1-4868934

Pished and going by previous, coked out his tits allegedly, touches up two twenty something blokes in the Commons bar, gets launched, returns and trys it again. This time they call the politzi.

Cabinet material?

2 hours ago, charon said:

Young swivel eyed cunto Ross Thomson, Tory MP for Aberdeen, up to no good.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/aberdeen-mp-ross-thomson-removed-from-commons-bar-by-police-1-4868934

Pished and going by previous, coked out his tits allegedly, touches up two twenty something blokes in the Commons bar, gets launched, returns and trys it again. This time they call the politzi.

Cabinet material?

Is he an inner or an outer?

Both.

His hand was in their trousers then out the door.

• Haha 1

Liebour starts to fall apart as 7 MPs quit.

This pleases me :)

• Like 1

Imagine supporting this new group (called almost ironically the independent group) with luciana berger and chuka umunna at the helm. Globalist blairites who voted with the tories to cut housing benefits, esa ,scrap housing benefits for the young and abolishing child poverty targets in the uk. I can see them and the lib dems merging along with a few from the tories to form and giant unelected pulsating scab on westminster until the next GE.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/these-are-the-184-labour-mps-who-didn-t-vote-against-the-tories-welfare-bill-10404831.html%3famp?espv=1

• Like 1

With the splintering of the Labour party into, effectively, the People's Front of Judea and the Judean People's Front, British politics has hit Monty Python levels of silliness.

Not that the Tories really bear comparison to the Romans in terms of competence, mind you.

Meanwhile, US politics seems to have become one long SNL sketch.

Future generations may well look back at us and scratch their heads...

• Like 1

If anyone can lead the breakaway, Chuka can....

Chuka, Chuka...Chuka can..let me love ya let me love ya Chuka can....

• Like 2

This independent grouping backed by business they've set up situation needs looking into, it looks very dodgy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

If anyone can lead the breakaway, Chuka can....

Chuka, Chuka...Chuka can..let me love ya let me love ya Chuka can....

Fuck Chuk.

image.png.c2a13dc99e853e0cf52c84a055bb0f6d.png

Blimey looks like Luciana Berger's tits have gone independent too! :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

So everyone at this conference is confident that this new group can make a difference...

• Haha 1

Centrist Scandal Round-Up Day 1:

- 7 MPs have left the Labour party to form an independent grouping amid claims of anti-semitism in the Labour party pushing them out.

- One of these members described members of the BAME community as being "a funny tinge" on national television.

- A rumoured to be joining member is John Woodcock; who resigned from Labour amid sexual harassment allegations.

- The group have failed to show what have been the basic common decency to suspend their announcement in light of Paul Flynn's death being announced.

- Someone was captured saying "we're fucked" during the parties launch.

I do not see what they are trying to acheive. Surely they have two aims

1. Stop Brexit

2. Remove the Tories from power.

I hardly see how either of these will be furthered by their action.

On the other side this will not save Theresa's bacon as they are not suddenly going to support her deal.

They seem to have 2 policies tbh

1. Stop Corbyn

2. Blame Corbyn for Brexit.

Incidentally, the preview bit had saved the following from weeks ago, I dunno what in reply to anymore, but I like it, so posted out of context it is:

"Skinner (who thinks everyone on the planet is a cunto) calling an MP shit is likely to be true, no? Statistically and all that."

Will the independent group run someone against labour in Paul Flynns seat?