Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Only 1 Ward changes-Peverell goes Labour. Current Labour Lord Mayor is from Stoke Ward hence why white. 

6D1DBEA9-C3CA-44F2-A80C-08FFC7233948.jpeg

I'm anticipating Tories may lose my local seats. They weren't far ahead of the lib dems previously, and they've annoyed locals by approving lots of new build houses without increasing local amenities. 

EDIT: My local two Lib dem candidates dominated it, raking in more than twice as many votes as the Tories.

So near me, the Tories have lost Chelmsford to the Lib Dems in a huge swing their way (26 seats!), and they lost control of Basildon. 

I’m glad that, across the country, both the main two have made significant losses.

This is the first local election I remember where some of the results actually seem to be affected by local issues rather than national ones. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Seems to be quite a few shock Green wins. Don't keep us in suspense, Toast!

Labour losing votes to the Lib Dems in Bolsover and Sunderland is... quite something.

9 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Labour losing votes to the Lib Dems in Bolsover and Sunderland is... quite something.

Apparently as well as being Brexit Central, the Sunderland council is "fucking dire". Which remind me of DDP miss Stabber Watson.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Seems to be quite a few shock Green wins. Don't keep us in suspense, Toast!

Results not expected till after 2 pm.

It's West Berkshire

All 54 seats on Leicester City Council were up for grabs; Labour took 53 (an increase of one) and Liberal Democrats took one (no change). The incumbent (ceremonial) Lord Mayor lost his seat. He was the only Tory on the council.

Meantime, smugnuts jolly hockey sticks debating school wee lassie Ruth Davidson (leader of the Scottish Tories, in case you don't know) has gone from "We will beat the SNP at the 2021 Holyrood elections." https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1122157/ruth-davidson-prime-minister-scotland-bute-house-2021-holyrood-elections-nicola-sturgeon to "Holy fuck, at least Theresa May is doing a great job and even though I'm a remainer we really must deliver Brexit against the wishes of every Scottish constituency." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48137402

Only Labour's Ricky Rotten (Richard Leonard) and his band of Corbyn loyalists being so utterly crap keep this woman in a job.

Somebody send them both the memo in light of the SNP regaining Dundee City control. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-48147605

:lol:

Wow!  Result just in for my ward and a convincing win for our Green Party lady who ousted the sitting Tory with twice as many votes.

Sadly the Tories are hanging on in too many other wards.  I really thought they'd be getting their arses handed to them this time.

• Like 3

Aaannd the Green Party has just won another seat. 

Fuck me, they got another!  That's three now!  :blink:

• Like 2

The city of Farmington, Michigan, about 10 miles from where Sir Creep grew up, appointed a Deadman as City Manager (1972).
SC

60211433_2388746367824035_7183740446495997952_n.jpg

On 03/05/2019 at 18:07, Toast said:

Wow!  Result just in for my ward and a convincing win for our Green Party lady who ousted the sitting Tory with twice as many votes.

Sadly the Tories are hanging on in too many other wards.  I really thought they'd be getting their arses handed to them this time.

EU election is where Lab and Tories will both have asses handed to them.

Have I Got News For You was pulled last night at the last minute, as Change UK's Heidi Allen was on the panel. The BBC elected not to broadcast the episode "so as to allow equal representation of parties and views in the run-up to EU Elections". 

Nigel Führage, on the other hand, was on HIGNFY in the close run-up to the 2014 EU Elections, and made his 34th appearance on Question Time on Thursday night.

Equal representation my arris.

On 3 May 2019 at 18:07, Toast said:

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

EU election is where Lab and Tories will both have asses handed to them.

I reckon it's more of a protest vote.  Next up, euro elections. Why?  All you're doing is to give a lying, cheating robbing self centred sonofabitch a job to screw us over for another 5 months, or until we leave Europe, whichever is soonest. 

10 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I reckon it's more of a protest vote.  Next up, euro elections. Why?  All you're doing is to give a lying, cheating robbing self centred sonofabitch a job to screw us over for another 5 months, or until we leave Europe, whichever is soonest. 

But that's exactly why there asses will be handed.

The majority of remain voters will plump for Lib Dems, Greens or CUK whilst the majority of leavers will go UKIP or Brexit Party.

Can see both Lab and Con getting less than 20% each.

3 hours ago, Deathray said:

But that's exactly why there asses will be handed.

The majority of remain voters will plump for Lib Dems, Greens or CUK whilst the majority of leavers will go UKIP or Brexit Party.

Can see both Lab and Con getting less than 20% each.

I think Lab are doing a bit better than that in the polls. But the Cons could easily drop that low.

What would be hilarious would be if Cons did worse than the Lib Dems. Probably not going to happen, but they could easily end up close, eg in the teens

Holy shit, the Tories are polling in 5th place, behind the Greens: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/european-election-poll-brexit-party-farage-conservatives-labour-lib-dems-yougov-a8911101.html

They're almost down to single figures now. This massacre may be the one silver lining of the rise of the Brexit party... but I'm not exactly ecstatic about swapping the old centre right for the alt right.

Got to laugh at the Brexit parties campaign leaflet boasting that 88% of Labour members support the cause for a new referendum on Brexit but what they fail to say is the reason that Labour wants this is because they want to overturn the original result, they imply that they support Brexit.

7 hours ago, Deathray said:

May will be end of June.

It was only a matter of time before Theresa June resigned.

Think Dominic Raab might be a sensible candidate for the next Tory leader and Prime Minister? Then shower your mind with this logic shampoo. 

Having been a poll clerk last Thursday the turnout although pitiful at around 35%, The was a lot of anger- voters asking how to spoil their paper. 

Itll be interesting to see the kicking the stories and Labour get later tonight