Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Made me smile anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 25/07/2019 at 01:40, The Quim Reaper said:

Nice one, Boris. Great Cabinet.

9AB5A6CD-6B42-4638-A140-3B5E9648954E.png.4ec03ba1451a923f6ef0f932281972d0.png

I would say he couldn't have done worse, but looking at the rest of the Tory party, he might take that as a challenge. David Tredinnick as health secretary, Andrew Rosindell as foreign secretary, maybe giving Northern Ireland secretary to one of their DUP "allies"...

4 hours ago, paddyfool said:

I would say he couldn't have done worse, but looking at the rest of the Tory party, he might take that as a challenge. David Tredinnick as health secretary, Andrew Rosindell as foreign secretary, maybe giving Northern Ireland secretary to one of their DUP "allies"...

I mean if we want to get right to the dregs of humanity, having Mark Francois as Secretary of State for anything would mean I’d probably emigrate.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2019 at 22:27, msc said:

Ah vodka at 11, reminds me of uni.  Strong suggestion of booze and other issues makes him medium term one of ours.

Resigned as an MP now. Well will hand is resignation in after recess supposedly. 

• Like 1

Tory majority of 1.

A single resignation, Death or Crossing of the Floor will prove catastrophic.

On 24/07/2019 at 19:40, The Quim Reaper said:

Nice one, Boris. Great Cabinet.

9AB5A6CD-6B42-4638-A140-3B5E9648954E.png.4ec03ba1451a923f6ef0f932281972d0.png

‘Brexit’ is a CABINET POSITION in your government?!

Bwa ha ha good lord.... no no no you win.  More absurd country.  Didn’t think it possible.

SC

• Haha 1

Two things for a Friday ponder:

Bawjaws Johnson says his thoughts and prayers are with the residents of the village threatened with a dam burst.

Why doesn't he get his fat, overprivileged arse up there? Especially with his wafer thin majority.

Reagan's intermediate range arms treaty dies at the hands of the US.

Seems to me the splash of orange shite smearing the walls of the Whitehouse was quite happy to let Russia go down the road of testing these weapons. After all, he was the one promising to escalate his arms production himself during his campaign - more grist to his mill for putting the US in deeper debt by increasing the defence budget. Nothing makes you vote for an incumbent than the niggling feeling you are under threat. Enjoy your safety and your bankruptcy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Bwa ha ha good lord.... no no no you win.  More absurd country.  Didn’t think it possible.

SC

Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union is the job title. Or failing that, Secretary of State for Making the United Kingdom Look Like a Bunch of Turds.

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

No, fuck all comes even close to Donald Trump(et)

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Two things for a Friday ponder:

Bawjaws Johnson says his thoughts and prayers are with the residents of the village threatened with a dam burst.

Why doesn't he get his fat, overprivileged arse up there? Especially with his wafer thin majority.

Reagan's intermediate range arms treaty dies at the hands of the US.

Seems to me the splash of orange shite smearing the walls of the Whitehouse was quite happy to let Russia go down the road of testing these weapons. After all, he was the one promising to escalate his arms production himself during his campaign - more grist to his mill for putting the US in deeper debt by increasing the defence budget. Nothing makes you vote for an incumbent than the niggling feeling you are under threat. Enjoy your safety and your bankruptcy.

Boris went there today to survey the damage after reading your devastating critique of his standing, or lack of, with you.

The missile treaty has actually died at the hand of the Russians.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49198565

There are 28 nations who have had the comfort of hiding behind the US for, at least, half a century, they have all agreed that the Russians have broken the agreement.

Even Obama, the most overrated President ever to walk the corridors of the White House accused the Russians of breaking the agreement but unilaterally stuck to it anyway. Fuck knows why.

Anyway, lets keep on a kicking out at the right hand side of the political spectrum.:rolleyes:

All very fine until you remember William Wilberforce was an independent and the government of the day was a Whig one.

• Like 1

Cleverly not living up to his name.

• Haha 1

MARCH

EU: “We won’t negotiate.”

Theresa: “They won’t negotiate.”

JULY

Boris: “They will negotiate with me as leader!”

EU: “To reiterate, we won’t negotiate.”

AUGUST

Boris: “We DEMAND you negotiate.”

EU: “We won’t negotiate.”

Gove: “We can’t BELIEVE they won’t negotiate?!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

UKIP have a new leader. His name is Richard Braine. Yep. Dick Braine.

He fought off close competition in the membership ballot from another prolific member, Ray Cist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

FUCK, what's wrong with people?

Caroline Lucas, off of Greens, is proposing a national unity government to prevent us being railroaded into a No-Deal Brexit without the public having a final say in it. Sounds good, sounds reasonable, times of crisis need this kind of measured response.

Oh yeah, but the cabinet in this government can only be women. She's sent a letter to 10 female MPs from various parties and explained:

"Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions"

Because men are all short sighted, narrow minded and throw their toys out when they disagree with others, as we know. She's looked at this dismal situation we're in, and decided it's all man's fault. So what we should do is bring the country together, by splitting it based on gender. That'll sort this country's deep divisions out.

omg.gif.be959e4a9ae825ccba5c4ac79867c786.gif

• Haha 1

Speaking as a woman, I hate that sort of attitude.  We've already had a woman trying to sort it all out, and that didn't go very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

FUCK, what's wrong with people?

Caroline Lucas, off of Greens, is proposing a national unity government to prevent us being railroaded into a No-Deal Brexit without the public having a final say in it. Sounds good, sounds reasonable, times of crisis need this kind of measured response.

Oh yeah, but the cabinet in this government can only be women. She's sent a letter to 10 female MPs from various parties and explained:

Because men are all short sighted, narrow minded and throw their toys out when they disagree with others, as we know. She's looked at this dismal situation we're in, and decided it's all man's fault. So what we should do is bring the country together, by splitting it based on gender. That'll sort this country's deep divisions out.

omg.gif.be959e4a9ae825ccba5c4ac79867c786.gif

Caroline Ludicrous As a lifelong reader of the morning star......

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Speaking as a woman

Under Avatar.

So Toasty, either you let the cat out of the bag or you can speak 'as a woman' without actually admitting to being one :tomatododge: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Under Avatar.

So Toasty, either you let the cat out of the bag or you can speak 'as a woman' without actually admitting to being one :tomatododge: 

She's been known to be female on this forum for years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

She's been known to be female on this forum for years. 

I know deathers. Toasty knows I know too. ;) 

We can be whatever we want to be nowadays, so they tell me.  I might have decided to be one of these transgender individuals. ;)

• Like 2

Corbyn to call no confidence vote and attempt to install own government.

Parliament returns from recess on the 4 September. If a VoNC is held then.

There would then be 14 days for a new government to be formed taking us to the 18th September. 

If a unity government of some description is formed he can then pass legislation to prevent a no deal Brexit and call an election which would be held within his own time limit.

If he fails to form a unity government; there'd be an automatic general election but it would be held on the 31st October or 25 October if the Thursday convention  is ignored; Boris would be in charge of this - so you can guess it would be held the week after (7th November).

We're fucked.  

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Corbyn to call no confidence vote and attempt to install own government.

Parliament returns from recess on the 4 September. If a VoNC is held then.

There would then be 14 days for a new government to be formed taking us to the 18th September. 

If a unity government of some description is formed he can then pass legislation to prevent a no deal Brexit and call an election which would be held within his own time limit.

If he fails to form a unity government; there'd be an automatic general election but it would be held on the 31st October or 25 October if the Thursday convention  is ignored; Boris would be in charge of this - so you can guess it would be held the week after (7th November).

We're fucked.  

We will be more fucked if a sitting government is overthrown by a 'unity government' that would have even less credibility of legitimacy than Boris does by getting the top job without public consent.

The overthrowing of any sitting government that was democratically elected into power in the first place will be nothing less than a coup.

That cannot ever be allowed to happen EU or no EU.

No, its actually completely within the rules of the Fixed Terms Parliament Act, a law brought in by David Cameron to safeguard his own job. From 1600-odd until 2010, any VoNC loss would bring about a general election.

Actually, before posting, I was sure of a historical precedent and there is: when Earl Rosebery quit in a huff in 1895, Queen Victoria sent for the Leader of the Opposition, Lord Salisbury, to become PM. He immediately called an election and won an 150 seat majority.

For the record, David Cameron, Earl Rosebery and the FTPA are all idiotic things. But it is what it is.