Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

14 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Why could Queen Liz not have just broken the habit of a lifetime and told her head of government to piss orf? Honestly. She’s the only person in the world who could have slapped Johnson with a nice solid turd, but instead she decides to get her emerald-encrusted fan and let Johnson splatter her entire country with rancid arse curry.

Cow.

That's word for word exactly what I said to my neighbour an hour ago.  Extraordinary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

That's word for word exactly what I said to my neighbour an hour ago.  Extraordinary.

Including the arse curry? That is extraordinary! :lol:

Its literally not in the powers of our constitutional monarch. She can advise against, but not order. Also, Boris played two political tricks. One it is essentially 7 lost parliament days on top of conference season, so likely legally unchallengeable. Second, he sent Jacob Rees-Mogg (Leader of the House) to meet the Queen, so the debate of who the monarch serves (PM or parliament) wasn't even allowed wiggle room, as the request came 'from' parliament itself.

There was nothing she could do, bar maybe scowl.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, msc said:

Its literally not in the powers of our constitutional monarch. She can advise against, but not order. Also, Boris played two political tricks. One it is essentially 7 lost parliament days on top of conference season, so likely legally unchallengeable. Second, he sent Jacob Rees-Mogg (Leader of the House) to meet the Queen, so the debate of who the monarch serves (PM or parliament) wasn't even allowed wiggle room, as the request came 'from' parliament itself.

There was nothing she could do, bar maybe scowl.

There was a plan being mooted to vote to cancel conference season but won't be able to now.

Ruth Davidson gone.

zzzzzzzzz...

33 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Ruth Davidson gone.

zzzzzzzzz...

She's resigning to spend more time with her flip flops.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Ruth Davidson gone.

zzzzzzzzz...

Probably spells the death knell for Tory ambitions in Scotland all over again.

2 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Probably spells the death knell for Tory ambitions in Scotland all over again.

I've just watched Newsnight and earlier the Scottish news and you would honestly think Ruth Davidson was competent or something.

Look, at the risk of being labelled an unreconstructed misogynist, she's just like a whole lot of women out there who want a well-paying full time job and a full time child. And basically she's found she can't have both, so she's fucked off. After taking the full whack of maternity leave, let's add. Never mind her party's policies which are forcing the people under her party's charge to find jobs and raise several kids and try and get by without losing the house - summat old Ruth need never worry about.

Meantime, giving credit to Jolly Hockey Sticks for the Tories' fortunes in Scotland is overplaying the ball. Let's review those reasons:

1. Labour fucked up big time a long time ago and continue to do so. And they had to for Red Scotland to turn their faces and their votes away from them. Corrupt Councils, PFI, threatening huge Council Tax increases and closing hospitals while all the time implementing London's diktats rather than what was best for Scotland led to a complete collapse in their base. They've rarely recovered.

2. Long term SNP Government. There's no doubt that the SNP's constant blaming of cuts to their budget in Austerity Britain rankles after a while with Scots who believe in thrift, making do and soldiering on. Add to that the debacle of Farm Subsidy payments not reaching farmers in time. Increasing centralisation of power to the Central Belt - what have they actually done for the more rural areas? Add in the glorious promises of fishing rights and money coming to farmers once Brexit is through - promises which, if Gove and Johnson are to be believed, are about to turn to ashes.

3. Lib Dems - Alastair Carmichael's lies and Willie Rennie - 'nuff said.

4. A willingness on the part of Scots to vote Green more often as a protest vote rather than the two main parties.

I defy anyone, anybody at all to find a Scottish First Minister's Questions where Ruth Davidson landed any particular blow at all. I'd be surprised if, when her kid slid out of her, that child didn't remark on the amount of boot marks covering Davidson's arse.

And Davidson changed her mind on policy so often. "Give the kids more exams!" she cried. Oh, it's unpopular. "You are examining the kids too much!" she declaimed.

"The Scottish Police will have to be the only force in the UK to pay VAT!" she exhaled. What's that, London's changed it's mind because they got some MPS? "My idea, totally take them out of VAT!" she stormed.

I could go on. But it's all there. She got lucky during a period and you have never seen anyone so wrong about EVERYTHING look so fucking smug.

The Tories have essentially always been ruthless. And now they are Ruth-less too. BYE!!!

• Like 2

And while I'm in rage mode...

Here is her interim replacement (again) Jackson Carlaw:

Image result for jackson carlaw

This is what happens when Flash Gordon takes to drink and pies.

He might be an overblown self important prig, but at least he's funny. Sturgeon's booted him around the Scottish Parliament chamber too.

• Like 1

After 24 hours of the government saying prorogation is noting to do with parliament and telling the Queen that. The Defense Secretary admits it's all about sidelining parliament. We all knew that but you wouldn't think the government would be stupid enough to admit it.He's also making the ongoing court cases ten times more difficult for the government as this is a direct contradiction of the government's reasoning for prorogation in other words he's obtaining prorogation on dishonest purposes. Let's hope the judge agress at 10am tomorrow.

And yes Ruth Davidson is a cunt. But Boris is a bigger one.

Here We Go Again.

Johnson "I don't want an election, you don't want an election"

Johnson "I will not ask for another extension whatever happens."

Tomorrow or Wednesday MPs will vote to force the Prime Minister to ask for a no deal extension.

The only option left on the table is an election, and he's laying the groundwork for a "they made me do it, people vs parliament" election..

Gordon Brown did not hold an election and was booted out.

Theresa May did hold an election and lost her majority, clinging to power by the votes of a minority rabble.

Option: Jeremy bites down on his gimp mask and allows a Ken Clarke/Harriet Harman led Government.  

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Gordon Brown did not hold an election and was booted out.

Theresa May did hold an election and lost her majority, clinging to power by the votes of a minority rabble.

Option: Jeremy bites down on his gimp mask and allows a Ken Clarke/Harriet Harman led Government.  

Not happening. If MPs vote for no deal extension tomorrow Boris going to parliament to call an election for the 14th October (before the EU Summit).

Corbyn has said that if there's a no deal extension passed he wants a general election. 

We're heading to the polls. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Not happening. If MPs vote for no deal extension tomorrow Boris going to parliament to call an election for the 14th October (before the EU Summit).

Corbyn has said that if there's a no deal extension passed he wants a general election. 

We're heading to the polls. 

Neither major party will win though.

Far better for Jezza to say that, for the good of the country, a temporary Unity Government to avert No Deal and get an extension followed by a General Election would be in order. If he can't do that, he should stand aside.

I rather think you are right. And the doors are flung wide open on Scotland packing its bags from this shitshow. Huzzah!

The problem, if you consider it a problem, is that none of this brings us any closer to a conclusion although the Lib Dems will be getting pretty excited with a bucket full of Exit Brexit votes heading their way and Nigel Farage will be jerking off over the prospect of lots of votes heading his way too.

Then Parliament will probably reject not leaving the EU and then reject having another referendum and then reject Tez May's deal again just for completeness.

We are stuck in a Brexit Vortex with no way out.

I'm sure Terrance Dicks, RIP, will have an episode title that reflects our current situation.

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Neither major party will win though.

Far better for Jezza to say that, for the good of the country, a temporary Unity Government to avert No Deal and get an extension followed by a General Election would be in order. If he can't do that, he should stand aside.

I rather think you are right. And the doors are flung wide open on Scotland packing its bags from this shitshow. Huzzah!

Boris is on track to win a landslide as of latest polls. He does want an election but he knows it's advantageous to claim he doesn't.

He's on track for a majority somewhere between an 80 and 110 .

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Boris is on track to win a landslide as of latest polls. He does want an election but he knows it's advantageous to claim he doesn't.

He's on track for a 100+ majority.

Forecast was for Tezza to have a 74+ majority just days before the GE. That went well. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I'm sure Terrance Dicks, RIP, will have an episode title that reflects our current situation.

Invasion or perhaps Non Invasion of the EU nationals?

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Forecast was for Tezza to have a 74+ majority just days before the GE. That went well. :lol:

Invasion or perhaps Non Invasion of the EU nationals?

Boris has learnt from that. What do you think all the spending pledges are in aid of?  I can't see him announcing a dementia tax.... :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Boris has learnt from that. What do you think all the spending pledges are in aid of?  I can't see him announcing a dementia tax.... :lol:

Dunno!

Whereas Tezza had a disaster mainly because she was awful, Bawjaws is very divisive. His lack of attention to detail would be exposed during an election campaign. The failure to deliver Brexit before an election costs him dear...many former voters don't believe their vote counts and will not vote, while others will move Brexit Party-wards, dividing their vote. He's said he will break the law anyway by refusing to honour the £39B payment. And he can't deliver on his NHS Bus promise.

Jezza has problems too, not as much. Be interesting to see what their proposals are as against Bawjaws promises.

Up here, we'll end up throwing them all out. Jo Swinson should be wetting her knickers as leader of the LibDems without a seat. That would be hilarious.

• Like 1

I've given up trying to predict British political outcomes. Recent events have been just too ludicrous.

What I do wonder, though: If BoJo goes ahead with the threatened purge of Ken Clarke and other rebels, how much will he split the Tory vote if these then run as independents etc?

• Like 2

Have you ever seen a PM call a VoNC in himself? :lol:

One of the many options being floated by the press at the minute.

Court case in Scotland seems to be gathering steam:

Gov lied to the Queen. 

If legislated for and Boris is mandated to do so, he could always go to the meeting on 17th October to request an extension, then since the UK remains a member of the EU, the government could use their veto to block our own request for an extension.

There is also an easier way around calling an election. If the Government fails to get the 2/3 supermajority for an election, they can do a simple 'notwithstanding FTPA' Bill which would require a simple majority. 

• Like 1