Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

But go on, say it doesn't matter until they get a trial. 

This is exactly the bullshit that goes on again, again, and again...

The video above gives an excellent analysis of what is going on and I highly recommend everybody watches this. 

I'm going to bed. Someone @me in the morning if this has American situation has descended into some sort of civil war. 

On 26/05/2020 at 10:26, Grim Up North said:

I must say apart from the above photo Barnard Castle does look lovely - I can imagine it is going to get a boost in visitor numbers thanks to the Cummings going.

Latest email from a genealogy site I subscribe to .... either an amusing coincidence or they're having a laugh

DRO.JPG.685bbbc87ede20553d72d8f685f95145.JPG

Trump is toxic. 

Extreme right-wing, adds fuel to the fire and he is supported by the white supremacists... 

It's expected that a lot of people who have experienced every-day racism will be radicalised. 

Downing Street announce that their Daily Briefings will no longer take place on weekends due to "low TV ratings", they will continue Mon-Fri only.

Christ on a fucking bike.....

What the fuck is wrong with our government. This exposes what I suspected all along, that these daily briefings have nothing to do with fucking updating us on this pandemic, and everything to do with monopolising the air time to try and keep the governments poll ratings up - it's astonishing they'd admit that so blatantly though.

"Low TV ratings", what absolute bollocks.  We don't have to watch it live, do we?  We expect to be kept informed and we have a right to be, even if we catch up on the daily briefing via someone's twitter feed or however.  What a bunch of cunts they are.  At least I had no hand in voting them in.

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

"Low TV ratings", what absolute bollocks.  We don't have to watch it live, do we?  We expect to be kept informed and we have a right to be, even if we catch up on the daily briefing via someone's twitter feed or however.  What a bunch of cunts they are.  At least I had no hand in voting them in.

Not to mention the declining TV ratings are because of their lackadaisical lock-down loosening.... 

Now wants to scrap remote voting and exclude shielding MPs from participating in debates remotely.

Also using the famously horrendous pairing system to enable them to vote rather than just using the exist remote voting systems 

We live in strange times.

I cannot remember, in my lifetime, a more inept, corrupt, rancid, moral free government.

It is difficult to comprehend just how fucking useless they have been, are and, in all probability, will be.

They seem to be under the impression that they won the last election by a landslide when the reality is that Labour LOST by a landslide.

Seriously, should we really be complaining about no more weekend updates?

Do we really need to be spoon fed more bollocks and utter bullshit every sodding day?

They are a bunch of fucking liars, utterly useless and have acted way too little and way too late.

Cunts, total cunts.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I cannot remember, in my lifetime, a more inept, corrupt, rancid, moral free government.

It is difficult to comprehend just how fucking useless they have been, are and, in all probability, will be.

They seem to be under the impression that they won the last election by a landslide when the reality is that Labour LOST by a landslide.

Do we really need to be spoon fed more bollocks and utter bullshit every sodding day?

They are a bunch of fucking liars, utterly useless and have acted way too little and way too late.

Cunts, total cunts.

They won big on 2 reasons: getting Brexit done, and not being Jeremy Corbyn.

Now they have got Brexit done (it's done, dusted and irreversibly so) and Jeremy Corbyn has fucked off to the back benches. And now we have 5 years of a government obsessed with gaining power but with fuck all ideas or nous on what to do with power.

See, I agree so much I didn't even make a gag about "in your lifetime being a hell of a timespan too" with some added cheeky reference to the Jacobean uprisings. Restraint! :lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Cunts, total cunts.

Just to be absolutely clear, I'm not complaining about no more weekend updates. I'm complaining about a government that thinks cancelling them should be 'because of low television ratings.' I'd absolutely love to see the whole lot and the media farce surrounding them scrapped. There about poll ratings, nothing more. 

Not to mention the government forcing MPs - many of whom are shielding - to be on the parliamentary estate in order to participate in discussions and the first piece of legislation they bring in front of this new parliament being fucking boundary reviews. Because that's a high priority now, it just sums up the self-serving cult of personality, anti-democratic nature of this shower of shit of a government.

50 minutes ago, msc said:

They won big on 2 reasons: getting Brexit done, and not being Jeremy Corbyn.

Now they have got Brexit done (it's done, dusted and irreversibly so) and Jeremy Corbyn has fucked off to the back benches. And now we have 5 years of a government obsessed with gaining power but with fuck all ideas or nous on what to do with power.

See, I agree so much I didn't even make a gag about "in your lifetime being a hell of a timespan too" with some added cheeky reference to the Jacobean uprisings. Restraint! :lol:

Wanker.:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Just to be absolutely clear, I'm not complaining about no more weekend updates. I'm complaining about a government that thinks cancelling them should be 'because of low television ratings.' I'd absolutely love to see the whole lot and the media farce surrounding them scrapped. There about poll ratings, nothing more. 

Not to mention the government forcing MPs - many of whom are shielding - to be on the parliamentary estate in order to participate in discussions and the first piece of legislation they bring in front of this new parliament being fucking boundary reviews. Because that's a high priority now, it just sums up the self-serving cult of personality, anti-democratic nature of this shower of shit of a government.

Well, yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Can't see what could possibly go even more wrong here.....

Jesus fucking christ. 

Well, Steve King got primaried today; which makes that seat almost certainly a Republican hold now. It’s definitely a good riddance though. However, there’s one moment that I’ll always appreciate him for. And it’s this: 

Thank you Steve King. For really proving how much of an embarrassment you are. I salute you for being dumb enough to fall for that stunt. 

Nigel Farage, off of irrelevance, is really focusing on the big, hard-hitting issues of the day:

29B006F2-F7BF-41DE-8721-D47E8F211553.thumb.jpeg.b6afd3d4c15c7ed3ecc6be1f881ec58b.jpeg

Doesn’t matter which way you look at it, he’s 5’8” or 1.73m of cunt.

4 hours ago, paddyfool said:

So UK politics is genuinely a total farce now: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/02/the-tories-turn-parliament-into-the-worlds-worst-theme-park

How mad is this, exactly?

Tory MP Steve Baker tweeted some moans about this.

F139F758-68E1-4AE0-836D-2CD64928AD49.thumb.jpeg.af7ec632996bc9e2c8d4c6c2371270c8.jpeg

What he neglects to mention is that he fucking voted for it.

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Desmond 'Blackface is an acceptable bit of fun' Swayne is in the news again.

Just one word for that cretin. Pathetic!