Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Anyone worrying about post-Brexit trade - don’t! We’ve got a potential free trade deal with Australia, worth a mighty £1bn. It is worth £291bn less than the free trade we did with the EU, but we will get cheap Shiraz, Tim Tams and fucking Vegemite, all with just 11,000 air miles on it.

Thank you, Prime Ministers Johnson and Morrison.

A well-known chain supermarket is selling a well-know Australian Shiraz at £6.00 a bottle; bearing in mind that approx. £2.50 of that is tax and duty, thats £3.50 for the actual wine; how much cheaper could it be - the producer, shipper and retailer are all (presumably) making a profit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, time said:

A well-known chain supermarket is selling a well-know Australian Shiraz at £6.00 a bottle; bearing in mind that approx. £2.50 of that is tax and duty, thats £3.50 for the actual wine; how much cheaper could it be - the producer, shipper and retailer are all (presumably) making a profit.

Oh good you have delved into the age old question ‘just how is it they can put all this Chinese shit in a dollar store’. 

Someone’s taken the time to give several cabinet ministers a sex change.

E37784B7-1230-4E85-861C-E1F41B6DF071.jpeg.c9ce6dfa76f809dfe2b18e9c45d6e9bf.jpeg

Dominique Raab, Peter Patel and Gina Williamson are actually quite fit. Beatrice Johnson is Vicky Pollard.

• Like 1

The man's an idiot. When you think of some of the people who were Foreign Secretary and then you have this arse. Giving Bojo a run for his money in the worst Foreign Secretary race is a hell of an achievement  

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The man's an idiot. When you think of some of the people who were Foreign Secretary and then you have this arse. Giving Bojo a run for his money in the worst Foreign Secretary race is a hell of an achievement  

Jesus Christ. Breathtaking ignorance. But then I’m not majorly surprised - this is the same twat who didn’t realise we were cut off from France by a sea.

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Someone’s taken the time to give several cabinet ministers a sex change.

E37784B7-1230-4E85-861C-E1F41B6DF071.jpeg.c9ce6dfa76f809dfe2b18e9c45d6e9bf.jpeg

Dominique Raab, Peter Patel and Gina Williamson are actually quite fit. Beatrice Johnson is Vicky Pollard.

Looks like the worst selection of school photos ever.

It was "bend the knee" in Game Of Thrones.  It meant submitting to a conqueror. 

I've no idea who came up with "take the knee".  

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

It was "bend the knee" in Game Of Thrones.  It meant submitting to a conqueror. 

I've no idea who came up with "take the knee".  

It's been around for about 60 years in the US (as a sort of "remember the fallen" gesture iirc it was big in the US military) so I've no idea either. I knew it wasn't George RR Martin however. :lol:

• Haha 2

Colin Kaepernick took the knee before a game of American football a few years back as a silent protest to the extrajudicial murder of unarmed black Americans. He was punished for doing so.

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

theColin Kaepernick took the knee before a game of American football a few years back as a silent protest to the extrajudicial murder of unarmed black Americans. He was punished for doing so.

Punished?

So were these three.

It was a given that Smith and Carlos would be ostracised but Peter Norman was treated appallingly too.

Such was the respect they had for Norman, Smith and Carlos were his Pallbearers at his funeral.

Getting on one knee in front of an invisible 'Masser' does fuck all to demonstrate a will and determination to see much needed change.

Raab may well be a cunt but his words were not misplaced, just uncomfortable truths.

The image, the sheer power and meaning of that image will live long after the pictures of a few thousand on one knee in Londinium.

330px-John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

For the first time since 1963, UK debt is over 100% of GDP. This was always going to hurt a bit, but that’s a pretty grim figure nonetheless.

But we’ll be okay, we’re Brexiting soon. :facepalm:

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

The current deadline for shielding is the 11 days away.

To preface a comment about advise coming out 'in the coming weeks' which could take us to July and past the deadline with a comment about how important you understand that advise to be because you have family who are shielding is beyond crass. I wonder what your family really think of this inaction?

Lots of white folk wearing plague hats and zero masks in Tulsa.

First instance of a US President condemning a proportion of his own base to death in peacetime? :lol:

Apparently Dominic Cummings is a very slow driver. He drove 260 miles and it took the contagious.

• Like 1

I see Johnson’s million pound plane makeover is nearly done:

BDD1EC7B-9CE3-44AA-95A6-6BD088D8C3D7.jpeg.af83b7545915fc874bb0d6f2ff45b70b.jpeg

• Haha 2

So bad it’s good: 

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So bad it’s good: 

When did she decide to go from pastor to clown prostitute? :lol:

58 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So bad it’s good: 

Finally a candidate from a lost Todd Solondz movie

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif

Lol: 

Shadow Education Secretary Rebecca Wrong-Daily has been sacked by Keir Starmer for sharing a post on social media containing anti-semitic conspiracy theory. Good to see Starmer's simply fucking them off at the drop of a hat rather than letting them toxify the party like Corbyn did.

• Like 2

I don't know whether it should go here or somewhere else on here.

Who gives a shit anyway.

Make of it what you will.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=upCGW_1593197668

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I don't know whether it should go here or somewhere else on here.

Who gives a shit anyway.

Make of it what you will.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=upCGW_1593197668

Or maybe nowhere on here.

• Like 1

These two things happened on the same day.

E73D33A3-5F9A-4CA9-AAD8-DF0A39DC3CB2.thumb.jpeg.c6b0595b71e20b04900ce1c8e3e319be.jpeg8BE161CF-77D6-48E0-8D95-237D67D77677.thumb.jpeg.295084ac9805a75cae082949ad1fd491.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

11 hours ago, time said:

Or maybe nowhere on here.

I certainly did not agree with everything that he said and I am not a fan of blanket assumptions.

Thing is, whether you like it or not, and you clearly do not, it is way better to have such opinions aired than keep them hidden.

If you believe in censoring discussion and/or opinion because it does not go the way that you think it should then that is your prerogative.

We have discussed a whole myriad of things here over the years, some of it has been less than tasteful but it we have been grown ups about it.

If you think that this should not have been posted on here, let alone debated, then, perhaps, it is you who is in the wrong place.