Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I certainly did not agree with everything that he said and I am not a fan of blanket assumptions.

Thing is, whether you like it or not, and you clearly do not, it is way better to have such opinions aired than keep them hidden.

If you believe in censoring discussion and/or opinion because it does not go the way that you think it should then that is your prerogative.

We have discussed a whole myriad of things here over the years, some of it has been less than tasteful but it we have been grown ups about it.

If you think that this should not have been posted on here, let alone debated, then, perhaps, it is you who is in the wrong place.

I have nothing against debate, and some of what Hurley says is clearly debateable; my main problem was that the clip is offered without any context.

The clip begins with Boulton asking Hurley to 'put this event into proportion', but nowhere, not within the clip, not within Lloyds tweet, does anyone say what 'this event is'.

Secondarily, the 'truth bombs' are mostly  'opinion bombs'.

3 hours ago, time said:

I have nothing against debate, and some of what Hurley says is clearly debateable; my main problem was that the clip is offered without any context.

The clip begins with Boulton asking Hurley to 'put this event into proportion', but nowhere, not within the clip, not within Lloyds tweet, does anyone say what 'this event is'.

Secondarily, the 'truth bombs' are mostly  'opinion bombs'.

That is the kind of response I would have expected from you from the original post, not the flippant bollocks that you posted, you are way better than that!

I agree with you on most of the points that you make.

Context is important, although, maybe in this case, I am not sure that it would be too difficult to join the dots and work out the context anyway.

Thanks fella.

• Thanks 1

Seems to be surprisingly quiet on here with regards to the GRU (Russia, Skirpal attackers) being implicated in offering money to the Taliban to kill British and American soldiers. 

Just noticed 'Johnson Out' trending on twitter. Thought I'd missed something (or people were having a very strong reaction to a press-up)

Turns out its Bristol City fans calling for the sacking of Lee Johnson.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

James O’Brien being (IMO) absolutely brilliant and spot bollock on once again, with a repudiation of our duplicitous govt and a recent poll that has spawned from it.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 15:05, time said:

Just noticed 'Johnson Out' trending on twitter. Thought I'd missed something (or people were having a very strong reaction to a press-up)

Turns out its Bristol City fans calling for the sacking of Lee Johnson.

Could've been down to pride month too hahaha #JohnsonOut

9 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Could've been down to pride month too hahaha #JohnsonOut

On a similar theme, Fulham FC were at one time managed by Alan Dicks; they weren't doing particularly well, languishing near the foot of division 3. 

Alan Dicks

Mr Dicks was appointed Fulham manager for the 1990/91 season after originally being hired to assist manager Ray Lewington. It’s fair to say the season didn’t quite go to plan, finishing 21st in the Third Division and only staying up due to a league restructuring.

Although it may not have been a memorable season in terms of performances, it did give us one of the most memorable chants in Fulham’s history.

It was common place to hear the chant ‘DICKS OUT!’ toward the end of the campaign and that’s exactly what happened when the season ended, (Alan leaving the club, obviously).

Source: https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2018-11-21-then-and-now-mangerial-madness/

Edited by time
Add source
  • Haha 1

Then there was the time the West Ham player Julian Dicks sustained an injury and the back page of the Sun loudly proclaimed

JDicks.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

James O’Brien being (IMO) absolutely brilliant and spot bollock on once again, with a repudiation of our duplicitous govt and a recent poll that has spawned from it.

Here is my problem with that argument.

It is true that the government acted too fucking slowly when this shit kicked off.

In hindsight, the shutter should have come down, pronto.

The fact that it did not happen shows that, in a crisis, they are no fucking good.

While all of the above is a popular opinion amongst the majority, you cannot lay the blame of the spread, as it is now, on them entirely.

We have come out of a lock down that, if everybody had adhered to it, would have made the spread much, much more difficult.

Too many people did not listen and are still not listening.

This virus was bound to get in, one way or another.

It's prodigious spread is down to people not playing the game.

Yes, it is our fucking fault so we really need to stop searching for scapegoats ( The Government ) to lay the blame on.

Fuck me, the holding back of this virus is down to us, we shouldn't need to be held by the sodding hand every step of the way.

Here is my problem with that argument.

It is true that the government acted too fucking slowly when this shit kicked off.

In hindsight, the shutter should have come down, pronto.

The fact that it did not happen shows that, in a crisis, they are no fucking good.

While all of the above is a popular opinion amongst the majority, you cannot lay the blame of the spread, as it is now, on them entirely.

We have come out of a lock down that, if everybody had adhered to it, would have made the spread much, much more difficult.

Too many people did not listen and are still not listening.

This virus was bound to get in, one way or another.

It's prodigious spread is down to people not playing the game.

Yes, it is our fucking fault so we really need to stop searching for scapegoats ( The Government ) to lay the blame on.

Fuck me, the holding back of this virus is down to us, we shouldn't need to be held by the sodding hand every step of the way.

I do agree with this but if the government were actually honest with the numbers of cases, deaths and testing perhaps people would take it a bit more seriously.  The public do have to take responsibility but when they see cunts like Cummings doing what he likes and Johnson et al fudging the figures, it’s no wonder people think fuck this I’m off to the beach. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I do agree with this but if the government were actually honest with the numbers of cases, deaths and testing perhaps people would take it a bit more seriously.  The public do have to take responsibility but when they see cunts like Cummings doing what he likes and Johnson et al fudging the figures, it’s no wonder people think fuck this I’m off to the beach

"I’m off to the beach"

A nudist one?

1 hour ago, runebomme said:

"I’m off to the beach"

A nudist one?

Obviously, I love being stabbed with a long weapon.

A harpoon. 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I do agree with this but if the government were actually honest with the numbers of cases, deaths and testing perhaps people would take it a bit more seriously.  The public do have to take responsibility but when they see cunts like Cummings doing what he likes and Johnson et al fudging the figures, it’s no wonder people think fuck this I’m off to the beach. 

Lardy, many people will never take it more seriously, no matter what data is presented to them.

Look what is happening in America, look at Piers Corbyn, look at all of the fucking idiots that rammed themselves onto beaches as soon as!

Cummings actions were the actions of somebody who thinks he is better than the rest of us. There was a public outcry, people were raging, the press and the media were calling for his head etc, etc. 

It wasn't like there was any ambiguity, the millions of us with a brain cell knew what he did was wrong and did not go down the same path as him.

Those that said 'fuck it, I'm off to the beach' were selfish cunts.

Remember when you were a kid and you were told off because you had followed somebody else's wrong doing and your parents would say 'So, if somebody told you to stick your head in the oven, you would do it? Well......

The Governments actions and the shite that is within it is no reason for people to just have a free for all.

I have not seen my Mum for five months now. We both stuck to the rules, it was the right thing to do both morally and scientifically.

I couldn't give a shit what the Government has not done or what Cummings did because millions like me AND you know what was and is the right thing to do no matter what the ball bags in charge were doing or saying.

That was my point, it really is down to people to reduce the risks and negate the effects of the virus.

Being 20 deep on the footpaths of the Lake District, having thousands marching through London on yet another protest or going to an illegal rave is sticking a middle finger up to the majority.

Society is full of wankers, unfortunately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Obviously, I love being stabbed with a long weapon.

A harpoon. 

You are the funniest person I have ever met and know.

Fact.

Lardy, many people will never take it more seriously, no matter what data is presented to them.

Look what is happening in America, look at Piers Corbyn, look at all of the fucking idiots that rammed themselves onto beaches as soon as!

Cummings actions were the actions of somebody who thinks he is better than the rest of us. There was a public outcry, people were raging, the press and the media were calling for his head etc, etc. 

It wasn't like there was any ambiguity, the millions of us with a brain cell knew what he did was wrong and did not go down the same path as him.

Those that said 'fuck it, I'm off to the beach' were selfish cunts.

Remember when you were a kid and you were told off because you had followed somebody else's wrong doing and your parents would say 'So, if somebody told you to stick your head in the oven, you would do it? Well......

The Governments actions and the shite that is within it is no reason for people to just have a free for all.

I have not seen my Mum for five months now. We both stuck to the rules, it was the right thing to do both morally and scientifically.

I couldn't give a shit what the Government has not done or what Cummings did because millions like me AND you know what was and is the right thing to do no matter what the ball bags in charge were doing or saying.

That was my point, it really is down to people to reduce the risks and negate the effects of the virus.

Being 20 deep on the footpaths of the Lake District, having thousands marching through London on yet another protest or going to an illegal rave is sticking a middle finger up to the majority.

Society is full of wankers, unfortunately.

Again I agree with what you say, but government must be held to account for their lies, deceit and blatant disregard for the public that, to use an irritating term, pays their fucking wages.  There are selfish twats in every country but what’s the common denominator?  UK - lying cunt for a leader, society full of arseholes. USA - lying orange cunt for a leader, society full of fucking Neanderthals.  New Zealand - highly respected leader, where’s the stories of arsehole population there?  It’s not a coincidence.   Your analogy of being a kid is absolutely right - if you’re dragged up by parents that don’t give a fuck and treat you like shit, chances are you’ll turn out a cunt.  If you’re parented with boundaries, fairness and respect, you’ll probably turn out decent.  The U.K has drawn the short straw of being spawned from the bollocks of Boris. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Again I agree with what you say, but government must be held to account for their lies, deceit and blatant disregard for the public that, to use an irritating term, pays their fucking wages.  There are selfish twats in every country but what’s the common denominator?  UK - lying cunt for a leader, society full of arseholes. USA - lying orange cunt for a leader, society full of fucking Neanderthals.  New Zealand - highly respected leader, where’s the stories of arsehole population there?  It’s not a coincidence.   Your analogy of being a kid is absolutely right - if you’re dragged up by parents that don’t give a fuck and treat you like shit, chances are you’ll turn out a cunt.  If you’re parented with boundaries, fairness and respect, you’ll probably turn out decent.  The U.K has drawn the short straw of being spawned from the bollocks of Boris. 

Ok, I give up.

You win.:lol:

50 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ok, I give up.

You win.:lol:

Serious face - I do enjoy a healthy reasoned debate, where people can put their arguments rationally, civilly and agree  that we can think different but still be chums. So thanks for that :)

I equally enjoy telling people they are stupid twats and their opinion is worthless so normal service will be resumed shortly 
:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

He’s absolutely incapable of not sounding like a bellend, isn’t he?

Matt Hancock, when discussing "post-viral COVID fatigue syndrome" i.e. damage to the lungs after COVID infection, he said this:

"...this is a really serious problem for a minority of people who've had COVID, thankfully not me...."

Well, there you are.

Headline of Chancellor’s new plans: Dishy Rishi Dishes Dosh for Rich Dishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Headline of Chancellor’s new plans: Dishy Rishi Dishes Dosh for Rich Dishes.

Blibberwimble's placeman. He'll now be known as the Groupon Chancellor.

Why food and not pubs? Why no re-training? Claims to be the hope beacon, while snatching away hope for a return to the job for "furloughed" (fucking hate that word, it's a crap Americanisation) workers. No industrial strategy.

Just like Trump, all the incentives go to the employers and we know where the majority of the money will go - Tory cronies and donors, the South East again.

Just after the PM said if you can't claim "furlough" payments, claim Universal Credit - i.e. sending small/medium business owners to the dole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Blibberwimble's placeman. He'll now be known as the Groupon Chancellor.

Why food and not pubs? Why no re-training? Claims to be the hope beacon, while snatching away hope for a return to the job for "furloughed" (fucking hate that word, it's a crap Americanisation) workers. No industrial strategy.

Just like Trump, all the incentives go to the employers and we know where the majority of the money will go - Tory cronies and donors, the South East again.

Just after the PM said if you can't claim "furlough" payments, claim Universal Credit - i.e. sending small/medium business owners to the dole.

Pubs serve food. It is how many survive as they cannot do so selling alcohol alone.

Take your head out of your arse and you will see just how many pubs have closed year on year.

The incentive will help pubs..:rolleyes:

My son employs 5 people who had to be furloughed. Slowly, the work is coming back and they are starting to working here and there.

If he gets his £1K per staff member he will not be lighting up Cuban cigars with £50 notes.

He will be reinvesting it back into the business, back into his loyal and hard working staff and, moreover, he will be desperately looking to make that money work to ensure that his business is more robust should the shit hit the fan again.

There are thousands, maybe millions of people like my boy who run small to medium businesses that have been smashed by the virus.

It is not big business that is the engine room of our economy, it is the small companies, run by people who are driven and want to expand, employ and prosper.

It will help them no end.

Once again, you have demonstrated that you are the forums 'Clueless Political Prick' ( or just prick, actually) who boils my piss like no other.

Fuck off.

Once again I remain confused as Willz and LFN seem to argue about apparently agreeing (both of you think small businesses should be getting more help from the government in this pandemic as they are the "engine room" of the economy, and both have continually moaned that the government has been stitching them up - or at least that's the impression gained over the last few months).

• Like 1