Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Blibberwimble's placeman. He'll now be known as the Groupon Chancellor.

Why food and not pubs? Why no re-training? Claims to be the hope beacon, while snatching away hope for a return to the job for "furloughed" (fucking hate that word, it's a crap Americanisation) workers. No industrial strategy.

Just like Trump, all the incentives go to the employers and we know where the majority of the money will go - Tory cronies and donors, the South East again.

Just after the PM said if you can't claim "furlough" payments, claim Universal Credit - i.e. sending small/medium business owners to the dole.

Well, the furloughed workers can only have hope if the employers can keep the business afloat, hence the incentives. Sure, a huge number of people appear to have been unjustly forgotten about by the treasury, but it's not a bad thing that employers are being given help; not all employers are Richard Branson. As LFN touched on, smaller businesses are vital to our economy, and it's vital that they get the support they need else that's a shitload of people out of a job.

And for the record, being from the South East doesn't mean I'm a Tory, and neither does it mean I'm moneyed; I know what it's like to feel the pinch, I'm down to 8 bottles of Veuve Clicquot a week now.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, msc said:

Once again I remain confused as Willz and LFN seem to argue about apparently agreeing (both of you think small businesses should be getting more help from the government in this pandemic as they are the "engine room" of the economy, and both have continually moaned that the government has been stitching them up - or at least that's the impression gained over the last few months).

I don't read LFN's posts so I don't argue with him. :lol:

His opinions are irrelevant to me.

25 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Well, the furloughed workers can only have hope if the employers can keep the business afloat, hence the incentives. Sure, a huge number of people appear to have been unjustly forgotten about by the treasury, but it's not a bad thing that employers are being given help; not all employers are Richard Branson. As LFN touched on, smaller businesses are vital to our economy, and it's vital that they get the support they need else that's a shitload of people out of a job.

And for the record, being from the South East doesn't mean I'm a Tory, and neither does it mean I'm moneyed; I know what it's like to feel the pinch, I'm down to 8 bottles of Veuve Clicquot a week now.

Shitload of people already out of a job.

Shitloads to follow.

Simples.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I don't read LFN's posts so I don't argue with him. :lol:

His opinions are irrelevant to me.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Shitload of people already out of a job.

Shitloads to follow.

Simples.

Yes, but a shitload fewer than if small business owners didn’t get the break they are getting, right?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Once again I remain confused as Willz and LFN seem to argue about apparently agreeing (both of you think small businesses should be getting more help from the government in this pandemic as they are the "engine room" of the economy, and both have continually moaned that the government has been stitching them up - or at least that's the impression gained over the last few months).

He stated that '....all the incentives will go to the employers....' without thinking that the MAJORITY of employers, who will get the incentive, are not multi nationals with chairmen who arse lick the Tory Party.

In essence, he made the assumption that the employers would benefit but not the workers. He even bought Trump into the equation, for extra gravitas, obviously,  because he knows that Trump is one of the most loathsome creatures on Planet Earth. 

You would actually read that sentence and figure that he was putting employers into the same bucket as Trumptard.

It was another load of wank about 'The Tories are this, the rich are that, the cronies are....' You know, the usual toss from somebody who probably considers his daily work  as wiping his arse after having a massive shit.

I have not 'continually moaned' about this Government, on the contrary, early on I was pretty supportive in their handling of the virus, it was new ground for everybody.

This all changed when it became clear that we have a clusterfuck of a Government in charge.

They have lied, bullshitted and made the wrong call too many times for me to defend them.

When all is said and done, nobody could truly be critical of the Chancellor, he has been proactive and saved millions from going under even though he knew, I knew, we ALL knew that there would be people out there, employers and the self employed etc, who would rip the arse out of the furlough scheme and abuse the shit out of it.

Fair play to him for doing what he can when his hand is full of shit cards.

Unfortunately, Rishi Sunak is a Tory, he cannot win with people like YW.

Where YW and I differ, by about 100%, is that he is a cunt and I am not.:lol:*

* Many will disagree but, when have I ever given a fuck? :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

tenor.gif

Oh, I know he doesn't read my posts, unless they are quoted.

Doesn't stop me from calling him a prick though, so all good.:D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yes, but a shitload fewer than if small business owners didn’t get the break they are getting, right?

Why waste your time with him?

You know the path he follows.

He sucks the cock of Corbyn.

You cannot reason with a twat.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

Look, let's see the facts here.

There's going to be a ton of older folk out of a job. Hence my point about re-training. Where's the dosh for that?

Kickstart? Don't make me laugh, you can call it YTS, YOPS and all the other sundry names under the sun the same thing has had since the late 1970s. What happens is businesses take on folk to get the Government money, taxes money, and dump them when that dries up. Much the same with apprenticeships. If small and medium businesses go the wall, it's ok for that to happen in February rather than now?

So it isn't all bad. The cut in VAT will help (although you know that's not going to be passed on to customers, right? You know, the ones who'll be on the useless Universal Credit). And those who will join the merry band of just about managing are supposed to be happy going out for discounted meal on a school night?  It's like they've never heard of the growing use of food banks.

Government can't keep shaking the magic money tree. But what they can do is help when the local lockdowns happen (they're coming) - nothing about that. Nothing about the homeless they've been sheltering - announcement coming soon (therefore, oops we forgot about that, sorry, the homeless are just like Gibraltar to us).

Look at the US and where the money went - into Trump's friends and family bank accounts. Same will happen here probably with a bunch of fictitious and invisible employees who never existed.

The frightening amount of debt and these plans most certainly mean the highest unemployment for a generation, a recession that will last years and bankruptcy and poverty on a scale unseen in my lifetime.

Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

When all is said and done, nobody could truly be critical of the Chancellor, he has been proactive and saved millions from going under even though he knew, I knew, we ALL knew that there would be people out there, employers and the self employed etc, who would rip the arse out of the furlough scheme and abuse the shit out of it.

Fair play to him for doing what he can when his hand is full of shit cards.

Unfortunately, Rishi Sunak is a Tory, he cannot win with people like YW.

Absolutely.

I have genuine contempt for our PM and almost all of our Cabinet, to a point now where I’m sure that the people who still believe our government have done and are doing a good job either haven’t been following properly or are likely quite an arse. My politics obviously aren’t aligned with theirs but this contempt doesn’t come from them not being who I vote for; it comes from them being a deceitful, narcissistic, sneering, neglectful, abhorrent bunch of cunts.

Sunak, however, is an exception. He’s the only Tory minister who appears to be trying to do right by the larger population. He’s saved me from deep shit, and nearly 10m others. He’s not been afraid to spend, given that he knows our economy has been in a cataclysmic car crash anyway. He hasn’t gone far enough in a fair few ways, but given the caliber of the rest of our wretched govt ministers it could be a fuck side worse. I can’t knock him too much for being some source of goodness and help amongst a massive pile of dreck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Look, let's see the facts here.

There's going to be a ton of older folk out of a job. Hence my point about re-training. Where's the dosh for that?

Kickstart? Don't make me laugh, you can call it YTS, YOPS and all the other sundry names under the sun the same thing has had since the late 1970s. What happens is businesses take on folk to get the Government money, taxes money, and dump them when that dries up. Much the same with apprenticeships. If small and medium businesses go the wall, it's ok for that to happen in February rather than now?

So it isn't all bad. The cut in VAT will help (although you know that's not going to be passed on to customers, right? You know, the ones who'll be on the useless Universal Credit). And those who will join the merry band of just about managing are supposed to be happy going out for discounted meal on a school night?  It's like they've never heard of the growing use of food banks.

Government can't keep shaking the magic money tree. But what they can do is help when the local lockdowns happen (they're coming) - nothing about that. Nothing about the homeless they've been sheltering - announcement coming soon (therefore, oops we forgot about that, sorry, the homeless are just like Gibraltar to us).

Look at the US and where the money went - into Trump's friends and family bank accounts. Same will happen here probably with a bunch of fictitious and invisible employees who never existed.

The frightening amount of debt and these plans most certainly mean the highest unemployment for a generation, a recession that will last years and bankruptcy and poverty on a scale unseen in my lifetime.

Enjoy.

I agree that retraining is a worthwhile investment. But your point about businesses taking on the people for the incentives and then binning them simply isn't true. George Osborne's apprenticeship schemes, as one example, are why I've got the job I have now. Vast portions of the engineering sector are built on these schemes, and in fact many have a requirement of the employer to guarantee the people they claim for a job for a set amount of time. Couple of years, normally.

You're saying about this magic money tree that can't be shaken, and yet you've outlined a couple of areas that need more investment - training, tenants who can't even afford to put food on their own table leave alone a table at their local restaurant, the homeless...and without the help for employers and, therefore, employees, a lot more people would end up in this situation. Not enough is being spent on people in such dire straits though, that I do agree with.

Had Labour won in December, we may have had a lower death toll and, in total, a less contemptible Cabinet. But you can't pretend we'd not have still ended up seeing a hike in unemployment and an economy crash.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I agree that retraining is a worthwhile investment. But your point about businesses taking on the people for the incentives and then binning them simply isn't true. George Osborne's apprenticeship schemes, as one example, are why I've got the job I have now. Vast portions of the engineering sector are built on these schemes, and in fact many have a requirement of the employer to guarantee the people they claim for a job for a set amount of time. Couple of years, normally.

You're saying about this magic money tree that can't be shaken, and yet you've outlined a couple of areas that need more investment - training, tenants who can't even afford to put food on their own table leave alone a table at their local restaurant, the homeless...and without the help for employers and, therefore, employees, a lot more people would end up in this situation. Not enough is being spent on people in such dire straits though, that I do agree with.

Had Labour won in December, we may have had a lower death toll and, in total, a less contemptible Cabinet. But you can't pretend we'd not have still ended up seeing a hike in unemployment and an economy crash.

Oh I hate Labour as much as the Tories! Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to travel along parallel timelines to see how Labour would have panned out - Corbyn was always unelectable and his platform untenable for the economy as it stood. A loathsome prospect equally as loathsome as the clowns in charge now.

This is about choices and priorities imo. I've yet to hear much about the investment in finding a vaccine - you know Rishi never mentioned anything about that! The choice facing the country is health first, economy first. You only give confidence to people by giving certainty of employment and more money in their pockets and reassure them that their next shopping trip will not be their last before they are hospitalised or dead. Meantime, they should tell us what they are going to do to grow the economy, obtain investment, collect taxes properly, how about those trade deals?

While I agree with your earlier post that the money needed to be put in to save people's jobs, all that is now at risk by Rishi's  removal carte blanche of support and substituting it with a sticking plaster until February to cure a pandemic. The "as long as I'm all right Jack" LFN/Thatcher era is on its way back and that will bite harder than ever with the situation we are in now.

I just wish Westminster had politicians with a vision, rather than the lot now who all seem to follow "Government by social media" - ooh what's hot today? Let's do something/complain about that! 

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Absolutely.

I have genuine contempt for our PM and almost all of our Cabinet, to a point now where I’m sure that the people who still believe our government have done and are doing a good job either haven’t been following properly or are likely quite an arse. My politics obviously aren’t aligned with theirs but this contempt doesn’t come from them not being who I vote for; it comes from them being a deceitful, narcissistic, sneering, neglectful, abhorrent bunch of cunts.

Sunak, however, is an exception. He’s the only Tory minister who appears to be trying to do right by the larger population. He’s saved me from deep shit, and nearly 10m others. He’s not been afraid to spend, given that he knows our economy has been in a cataclysmic car crash anyway. He hasn’t gone far enough in a fair few ways, but given the caliber of the rest of our wretched govt ministers it could be a fuck side worse. I can’t knock him too much for being some source of goodness and help amongst a massive pile of dreck.

I’m pleased for you - but the cunt dumped my family right in the shit.  Newly self employed, but over 50% of the previous years wages were from employment, not self employment, so my old man got absolutely nothing. Not entitled to claim universal credit because my small wage made us ineligible.  So for the last four months we’ve been living off one wage.  And we are far from the only ones.  So whilst he helped some people, a huge number fell through the cracks and are left with a right fucking financial mess.  This entire government is a shower of corrupt, arrogant, incompetent shitty fucking cunts and they can all suck my balls.  They’ve left my family in the shit, they show complete contempt for the general public, they can’t open their mouths without a torrent of absolute fucking shit coming out,  his comments this week about care homes are sickening. I am a fairly open minded, tolerant and inclusive person, I don’t care what you look like, where you come from, what you fuck, blimey I don’t even care if you’re a Spurs fan :D but if you voted Tory you can get to fuck. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh I hate Labour as much as the Tories! Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to travel along parallel timelines to see how Labour would have panned out - Corbyn was always unelectable and his platform untenable for the economy as it stood. A loathsome prospect equally as loathsome as the clowns in charge now.

This is about choices and priorities imo. I've yet to hear much about the investment in finding a vaccine - you know Rishi never mentioned anything about that! The choice facing the country is health first, economy first. You only give confidence to people by giving certainty of employment and more money in their pockets and reassure them that their next shopping trip will not be their last before they are hospitalised or dead. Meantime, they should tell us what they are going to do to grow the economy, obtain investment, collect taxes properly, how about those trade deals?

While I agree with your earlier post that the money needed to be put in to save people's jobs, all that is now at risk by Rishi's  removal carte blanche of support and substituting it with a sticking plaster until February to cure a pandemic. The "as long as I'm all right Jack" LFN/Thatcher era is on its way back and that will bite harder than ever with the situation we are in now.

I just wish Westminster had politicians with a vision, rather than the lot now who all seem to follow "Government by social media" - ooh what's hot today? Let's do something/complain about that! 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/17/government-to-invest-93m-in-uk-vaccine-manufacturing-centre

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-03-24-oxfords-covid-19-research-receives-government-funding

Just the 110 million pounds and more on finding a vaccine, but of course in YW land they haven't spent any money finding a vaccine.

You're the typical moan about everything but know about nothing and refuse to support anything political commentator. 

24 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I’m pleased for you - but the cunt dumped my family right in the shit.  Newly self employed, but over 50% of the previous years wages were from employment, not self employment, so my old man got absolutely nothing. Not entitled to claim universal credit because my small wage made us ineligible.  So for the last four months we’ve been living off one wage.  And we are far from the only ones.  So whilst he helped some people, a huge number fell through the cracks and are left with a right fucking financial mess.  This entire government is a shower of corrupt, arrogant, incompetent shitty fucking cunts and they can all suck my balls.  They’ve left my family in the shit, they show complete contempt for the general public, they can’t open their mouths without a torrent of absolute fucking shit coming out,  his comments this week about care homes are sickening. I am a fairly open minded, tolerant and inclusive person, I don’t care what you look like, where you come from, what you fuck, blimey I don’t even care if you’re a Spurs fan :D but if you voted Tory you can get to fuck. 

I got fuck all too, had just one modest wage coming in and, well you get the drift.

Millions of people voted for these cunts because they were considered less dangerous than the Labour party governed by Momentum.

Starmer has said good things and, maybe if he can moderate the party and fuck off the rampant lunatics within it, he may well be worth a punt.

We might just have an opposition worth voting for.

We live in hope.

• Like 2

A letter from Trade Secretary Liz Truss to Rishi Sunak and Michael Gove, explaining reasons why the UK’s post-EU borders won’t be ready for 2021, has been leaked

She says:

• We risk smuggling as ports won’t be ready
  • NI protocols won’t be ready either
  • We risk legal challenges from WTO and huge reputational damage (no shit)

So we can expect Cummings to sack her within the next 24 hours.

• Haha 1

From "triumphant display at the Despatch Box" to "cowed Minister", Sunak admits scattering money to the four winds isn't necessarily the best idea: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53346419

We know Rishi, it was Cummings' and Blibberwimble's idea, not yours.

More stories like Lard's coming out now. Gawd help us.

Oh look how delighted he is.  So delighted he forgot to mention he voted against this bill.  Another reason, if it were needed, that I think this government are cunts. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:
Another reason, if it were needed, that I think this government are cunts. 

Hello? Directory  Enquiries? 

Fawkes, please.  G.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Oh look how delighted he is.  So delighted he forgot to mention he voted against this bill.  Another reason, if it were needed, that I think this government are cunts. 

Upon further fucking investigation it appears I may have been a tad hasty - he apparently voted against an amendment to the bill to provide financial support to victims of domestic abuse that don’t have access to public funding - which actually in a way is worse than voting against it completely - it’s like telling your kid they can have an ice cream but when Mr Whippy says ‘one pound fify please’ you look at little Johnny and say ‘pay the man then’.   My initial assessment of the utter cuntishness of the government  has not altered. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Upon further fucking investigation it appears I may have been a tad hasty - he apparently voted against an amendment to the bill to provide financial support to victims of domestic abuse that don’t have access to public funding - which actually in a way is worse than voting against it completely - it’s like telling your kid they can have an ice cream but when Mr Whippy says ‘one pound fify please’ you look at little Johnny and say ‘pay the man then’.   My initial assessment of the utter cuntishness of the government  has not altered. 

It is much worse.

He is a cunty, cunt, cunt.

Very funny piece here on “Chris” Failing Grayling being, I can’t believe I’m typing this, selected as chair of the intelligence committee.

*chef’s kiss* 

On 11/07/2020 at 13:52, The Quim Reaper said:

Very funny piece here on “Chris” Failing Grayling being, I can’t believe I’m typing this, selected as chair of the intelligence committee.

He wasn't actually selected, he was selected as the government's choice and they were so arrogant that they expected their own patsy just to be imposed.

Julian Lewis has actually been selected, and just to show how arrogant they are they've taken the Conservative whip away from him. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53422010

Remember that Russian reported that got kicked into the long-grass, this should make it more likely to be published. 

• Like 1