Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

31 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Interesting and eventful times predicted....

Jockeying for position will be  interesting. Nobody will want to be the"Heseltine" sticking the knife in but not getting the leadership in the end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

I agree with much of this; I grew up in a multi-racial city  and never saw a burqa either, but my point was about 'forcing' kids to wear specific clothes. Fundamentally, I don't see much difference in our local catholic school requiring kids to wear uniform and muslim schools requiring kids to wear burqas.

When it comes to oppression of adults, thats a whole different ball-game.

To answer your question about wearing masks in shops, I'm as comfortable with that as I am about sneezing into a handkerchief or covering my mouth when I cough.

Oh, i am ok with wearing them in shops too. I also asked the question, on the back of that, whether we would want to wear them everywhere else too. I think that would be a bridge too far in a society that values face to face contact as a form of recognition and communication.

Your other point is an interesting one. I am not a fan of single faith schools or , for that matter, these schools that have sprouted up and are not entirely within the education system that we already have. We bang on about social and cultural integration yet we tolerate the seperation of children into schools that work along the basis of religious ideology ( my opinion) and the view that said schools are the best possible way of teaching our kids about other faiths, cultures and how to live in perfect harmony or summat.

It just amazes me how people wonder why social and cultural segregation, out there, in the big wide world, still persists as does the ingnorant and intollerant amongst us.

It will never get better, will it!

Tommy Robinson is leaving the UK for good after an arson attack on his house, sorry, his wife’s house (he has no assets, and that’s not just for the purposes of his ongoing libel case, honest guv). He says he doesn’t feel safe in his own country. 

So he’s now basically a refugee, right?

The irony is just 

418E6142-1722-4B13-8816-DD3BC19F0846.gif.672fb9ce01dae0d00a49610d1c11c4cb.gif

Wouldn’t it be a shame if they spat at him and told him to fuck off back to his own country.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Wouldn’t it be a shame if they spat at him and told him to fuck off back to his own country.

Honestly, if they don't, that's a missed opportunity to treat an asshole with his own assholery!

• Like 1

I hate the British press, and, what’s more, I hate it.

C36E398C-B478-40EF-8303-CC456D3FE197.jpeg.c2799ebd44d9de67b9c607b96a711ad0.jpeg

A convicted sex offender is “naughty”? Oh sure. And I suppose an elderly-targeting fraudster is ‘a bit of a card’ and a serial murderer is ‘a loose cannon’. 

And look, tiny picture of the perpetrator, Tory ex-MP convicted sex offender Charlie Elphicke, huge picture of the woman who left him.

It’s getting worse and worse and will continue to while Big Job is still in office.

• Like 3

I'd say if anyone had the time they'd could narrow it down fairly quickly. Current MP, Former Minister and in their 50's.  (Not that a name should be put up here for obvious legal reasons )

45 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I'd say if anyone had the time they'd could narrow it down fairly quickly. Current MP, Former Minister and in their 50's.  (Not that a name should be put up here for obvious legal reasons )

There's lists circulating of around a dozen or so names it could be. Naturally won't post.

Does anyone remember who that backbench MP was who stood for Speaker when Bercow basically to make  the point that MPs were abusing their staffers and it was open knowledge who some of them were. The rest of parliament roundly ignoring her and treating her as a joke. Looks like she was right between Charlie Elphicke and this!

Maybe remote working has given some of the victims space to come forward... 

If these allegations are true, prison is the only option.

A mini-thread tweeted by Iain Dumbcunt Smith this morning:

“Whilst the UK wants to have a good trade relationship with the EU as a sovereign state, the EU has different ideas. They want our money and they want to stop us being a competitor. The Withdrawal Agreement (WA) we signed last year sadly helps them. To avoid their own budget black hole, the EU gets £39billion as a “divorce payment” from us, reflecting our share of the current EU budget. But it gets worse. Buried in the fine print, unnoticed by many, is the fact we remain hooked into the EU’s loan book. You can't be half in the EU & half out, the problem is the WA. It costs too much & it denies us true national independence. This WA giving the EU future control over us has to go. Now Britain faces a £160billion #EU loans bill AFTER #Brexit.”

That’s odd. In November, he tweeted “A deal is oven-ready. Let’s get Brexit done and take this country forward.”

The thing that riles Brexiters the most is saying to them “You don’t know what you voted for”. And here’s IBS, whinging about the withdrawal agreement he voted for, because he manifestly didn’t know what he was voting for.

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

To add a bit of balance to that, we import more than we export. I suspect that all of those perishable goods and cars stacked up across the channel will please the producers no end and have the French unions blockading the roads into Calais in protest at the bureaucratic inertia displayed by the EU mandarins in not getting it all sorted sooner.

Let us also not forget that Calais is not the only fucking European port we and they use for shipping goods across the channel.

Goods and trucks are going to be stacked up on both sides of the channel, it is not just a UK problem.

PS: Boris is still a massive cunt.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

A mini-thread tweeted by Iain Dumbcunt Smith this morning:

“Whilst the UK wants to have a good trade relationship with the EU as a sovereign state, the EU has different ideas. They want our money and they want to stop us being a competitor. The Withdrawal Agreement (WA) we signed last year sadly helps them. To avoid their own budget black hole, the EU gets £39billion as a “divorce payment” from us, reflecting our share of the current EU budget. But it gets worse. Buried in the fine print, unnoticed by many, is the fact we remain hooked into the EU’s loan book. You can't be half in the EU & half out, the problem is the WA. It costs too much & it denies us true national independence. This WA giving the EU future control over us has to go. Now Britain faces a £160billion #EU loans bill AFTER #Brexit.”

That’s odd. In November, he tweeted “A deal is oven-ready. Let’s get Brexit done and take this country forward.”

The thing that riles Brexiters the most is saying to them “You don’t know what you voted for”. And here’s IBS, whinging about the withdrawal agreement he voted for, because he manifestly didn’t know what he was voting for.

The bit about it having to go, it will have to go.

I knew what I voted for and it wasn't for all the bullshit that the leave campaign spouted.

For me it was a very basic principle.

My vote can help decide whether we have a cunt like Johnson in power for another term.

I have no vote to help decide whether the EU president,or all of those other utterly corrupt and decrepit shite hawks that oversee the running of an equally corrupt leviathan, should remain or be fucked off.

Yes, our Political system is equally corrupt and vomit inducing but I get to vote, I get to have a say, whatever good it actually does.

That is a basic freedom denied to millions of Europeans who have no say whatsoever.

I mean, could you imagine the shit storm if somebody like Johnson had been made EU president!

Just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I knew what I voted for and it wasn't for all the bullshit that the leave campaign spouted.

My vote can help decide whether we have a cunt like Johnson in power for another term.

I have no vote to help decide whether the EU president,or all of those other utterly corrupt and decrepit shite hawks that oversee the running of an equally corrupt leviathan, should remain or be fucked off.

Yes, our Political system is equally corrupt and vomit inducing but I get to vote, I get to have a say, whatever good it actually does.

That is a basic freedom denied to millions of Europeans who have no say whatsoever.

I mean, could you imagine the shit storm if somebody like Johnson had been made EU president!

Just my opinion.

I’d say, despite being an ardent supporter of remaining in the EU and being of the opinion that leaving would be the single biggest error this country has made in the post-war period, that I’d agree that one of the flaws of the EU is that the Presidents are elected by MEPs, so the population of the EU28 as it was were only secondarily involved - that doesn’t necessarily sit right with me either.

I wouldn’t say to all Brexiters that they didn’t know what they’re voting for, but IDS did put across a fantasist’s view, voted for the WA because Boris our it through and he’s fucking shit hot obviously, and is now bitching that it’s not a great deal for anyone. It has been apparent all this time. He didn’t have a clue, quelle surprise. He’s a fucking fud. 

Just out of genuine interest, your reasons for (and perhaps perceived benefits of) voting in 2016 to leave the EU: are they still realistically attainable now?

I only ask because about half my colleagues voted leave and all bar one bitterly regret their vote because of all the shite that has come to light since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Just my opinion.

Just to be my usual cuntish self, that Verhofstadt was basically a drunken tetchy Belgian version of Boris. The Belgians were delighted when he fucked off to the EU. We used to have  running trade in sending annoying British politicians to the EU to fuck off the rest of Europe instead. :lol:

But anyhow, in this specific case, Duncan Smith voted for this deal, which is probably about 99% similar to the thing May tried to pass for years, to "get Brexit done" and only now is all "hang on, I disagree with the thing I voted for." Because he's an idiot who would lose a fight to a cuddly toy. Government's spent much of the last 4 years pissing around doing fuck all and screwing things up, when if they'd had an ounce of pragmatism and done a deal with the "just get a deal done" Labour group (or you know, not held an election as they had a fucking majority), they could have passed the Norway option Farage banged on about for years in 2017-18 and worked about fixing stuff. Instead, normal hard working folks household budgets and savings have been fucked for half a decade while a boring never ending House of Commons X-Factor tournament goes on among the government front benches.

• Like 2

While you're talking about Iain Duncan Smith, you might like this poem about him.

Written by performance poet Luke Wright, the poem uses no vowels except I.

Here's Luke reciting it.

2139430425_IDSpoembyLukeWright.thumb.jpeg.cea8dea1762f742f72effaa75dd4998d.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Just to be my usual cuntish self, that Verhofstadt was basically a drunken tetchy Belgian version of Boris. The Belgians were delighted when he fucked off to the EU. We used to have  running trade in sending annoying British politicians to the EU to fuck off the rest of Europe instead. :lol:

But anyhow, in this specific case, Duncan Smith voted for this deal, which is probably about 99% similar to the thing May tried to pass for years, to "get Brexit done" and only now is all "hang on, I disagree with the thing I voted for." Because he's an idiot who would lose a fight to a cuddly toy. Government's spent much of the last 4 years pissing around doing fuck all and screwing things up, when if they'd had an ounce of pragmatism and done a deal with the "just get a deal done" Labour group (or you know, not held an election as they had a fucking majority), they could have passed the Norway option Farage banged on about for years in 2017-18 and worked about fixing stuff. Instead, normal hard working folks household budgets and savings have been fucked for half a decade while a boring never ending House of Commons X-Factor tournament goes on among the government front benches.

In the main, I agree with you.

Honestly, 'normal hard working folks' haven't been unduly fucked, the world has kept spinning and people have been spending money left right and centre....until the virus came along.

That has caused way more damage than leaving the EU ever could do.

Perversely, one part of my sons business, cleaning and looking after holiday lets, has gone utterly berserk.

We are working 6 days a week and the bookings are stretching well into autumn and beyond.

People are still spending money.

Edit: To clarify. I agreed with the bulk of your post, not about you being cuntish.:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’d say, despite being an ardent supporter of remaining in the EU and being of the opinion that leaving would be the single biggest error this country has made in the post-war period, that I’d agree that one of the flaws of the EU is that the Presidents are elected by MEPs, so the population of the EU28 as it was were only secondarily involved - that doesn’t necessarily sit right with me either.

I wouldn’t say to all Brexiters that they didn’t know what they’re voting for, but IDS did put across a fantasist’s view, voted for the WA because Boris our it through and he’s fucking shit hot obviously, and is now bitching that it’s not a great deal for anyone. It has been apparent all this time. He didn’t have a clue, quelle surprise. He’s a fucking fud. 

Just out of genuine interest, your reasons for (and perhaps perceived benefits of) voting in 2016 to leave the EU: are they still realistically attainable now?

I only ask because about half my colleagues voted leave and all bar one bitterly regret their vote because of all the shite that has come to light since then.

I would vote the same again.

I cannot go into details as the post would be too long and it would have MSC sticking pencils in his eyes.:D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

In the main, I agree with you.

Honestly, 'normal hard working folks' haven't been unduly fucked, the world has kept spinning and people have been spending money left right and centre....until the virus came along.

That has caused way more damage than leaving the EU ever could do.

Perversely, one part of my sons business, cleaning and looking after holiday lets, has gone utterly berserk.

We are working 6 days a week and the bookings are stretching well into autumn and beyond.

People are still spending money.

tbh I was trying to be kind and meant "interest rates on savings are shit" :lol: (But also the supermarket and generalsprices have shot up for various items since 2016 here, a mix of "uncertainty" and "folk taking the pish").

I don't doubt cleaning business gone through the roof. Stuff needs cleaned. My brother in law lost his job earlier recently due to the current climate and I keep telling him to go self-employed because he's genuinely talented at fixing plumbing issues and we aren't ever going to run out of a need for plumbers.

And aye, people spend money. Economy tends to work when the poor folk have money they immediately spend, thus making "save save save" bastards like me look like old Scrooges. Oh hang on a moment...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, msc said:

tbh I was trying to be kind and meant "interest rates on savings are shit" :lol: (But also the supermarket and generalsprices have shot up for various items since 2016 here, a mix of "uncertainty" and "folk taking the pish").

I don't doubt cleaning business gone through the roof. Stuff needs cleaned. My brother in law lost his job earlier recently due to the current climate and I keep telling him to go self-employed because he's genuinely talented at fixing plumbing issues and we aren't ever going to run out of a need for plumbers.

And aye, people spend money. Economy tends to work when the poor folk have money they immediately spend, thus making "save save save" bastards like me look like old Scrooges. Oh hang on a moment...

Oh, I have savings, I am loathed to spend lots of it.

That may well be because I am self employed but you cannae take it with you, maybe I should just spend now and die poverty stricken.

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

That was amazing. Wow. 

Must be 100s of dead - absolute crazy. Hope the numbers are low.

22 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Oh, I have savings, I am loathed to spend lots of it.

That may well be because I am self employed but you cannae take it with you, maybe I should just spend now and die poverty stricken.

My response to this depends completely on whether I am a beneficiary as mentioned in your Last Will.

52 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

My response to this depends completely on whether I am a beneficiary as mentioned in your Last Will.

No.

As you were...