Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I hear there is a water shortage in Texas because of heavy snowfall.

How does that work then? :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

I hear there is a water shortage in Texas because of heavy snowfall.

How does that work then? :scratchhead:

Heavy snowfall disrupts the power supply, water pumps stop working = water shortage at the taps.

It happens in this country all the time so less shouting about it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Heavy snowfall disrupts the power supply, water pumps stop working = water shortage at the taps.

Melt the snow = water

Melt it in a bottle and charge $2 for it. Even better.

53 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Idiots inadvertently reaching the point.

Vaccine Minister Nadhim Zahawi thinks March comes after April.

Remember when Diane Abbott fucked her maths up when talking about police funding and she was mocked for months on end by the media? This won’t even be picked up. And he’s an actual minister.

16 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Remember when Diane Abbott fucked her maths up when talking about police funding and she was mocked for months on end by the media? This won’t even be picked up. And he’s an actual minister.

Even better, it's "three weeks after the middle of April obviously .... "

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The plan he is actually defending (vaccines to over 50s, school opening) only works if he means April too. So it sounds like someone fumbling a last minute government U-turn tbh.

So when Boris said his plan for us was irreversible I think he means this...

Irreversible-22.jpg

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

97BE29FD-130B-4F1B-8704-0B0D16DA330B.jpeg

A stonking disappointment of a man.

We’ve our worst government in history, at the worst possible time, and the Leader of the Opposition post appears to currently be shared between Marcus Rashford, Piers Morgan and James O’Brien, while this anaemic slice of flavourless ham disappears into the bushes and lets Johnson and his bellends do their thing.

• Like 3

So it’s been about month since the Biden administration came into office, and would you look at that, they are already setting into place a red wave for 2022. How you ask? Well, I think two actions really signifies how much of a joke they really are. First, it was reported yesterday that Biden bombed Iranian backed groups in Syria. Obviously this is illegal under international law in the first place, but this is even more infuriating because it seems to really put cold water from ever re-entering the Iran Deal if he’s willing to bomb their forces. And remember, the Iran Deal is one of the few completely good things that happened under the Obama administration. The fact he can’t even rejoin that is super pathetic. 
The other thing that happened yesterday was that the parliamentarian ruled against raising the minimum wage for budget reconciliation. Now, some people think that’s the end of that, but the Vice President can actually overrule the parliamentarian on this. And everything seems to be pointing towards that she won’t do that even though she can overrule the parliamentarian. Or, Chuck Schumer could fire the parliamentarian just like Trent Lott did in 2001 when they ruled on something that the Republicans didn’t like to do. Tbf to Schumer, it’s possible he does that soon, but I honestly doubt it. And some people may say that it would struggle to pass anyways with folk like Manchin and Sinema opposed to it, but by not even overruling the parliamentarian you’re already waving the white flag saying that you won’t even fight. 
I don’t want to hear from folk again that the dems are good guys, because they clearly aren’t. At best they are incompetent, at worst they are evil. Yes, they are still better than the Republicans but that is literally the lowest bar possible to clear. They shouldn’t be just clearing it, and yet that’s all they seem to do. 
I say these intense criticisms not because I absolutely despise the Democrats (I absolutely want Biden to do the right thing in office), but more out of fear. Because if they don’t change things fast, they are really paving the way for an even worse Republican to take office, and possibly the end of Democracy in the US as we know it. 

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Don't know about the other shite but illegally bombing other countries is American policy full stop. It is a given. Whoever the president is. Is there a president who has not invaded/bombed another country?

5 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Don't know about the other shite but illegally bombing other countries is American policy full stop. It is a given. Whoever the president is. Is there a president who has not invaded/bombed another country?

That may be true, but that still doesn’t excuse him bombing other countries. I mentioned it more for the fact that the militia that was bombed was backed by Iran, which really destroys the possibility of getting the Iran deal back together. Which again, it was one of the few undeniably good things done during the Obama administration. 

22 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So it’s been about month since the Biden administration came into office, and would you look at that, they are already setting into place a red wave for 2022. How you ask? Well, I think two actions really signifies how much of a joke they really are. First, it was reported yesterday that Biden bombed Iranian backed groups in Syria. Obviously this is illegal under international law in the first place, but this is even more infuriating because it seems to really put cold water from ever re-entering the Iran Deal if he’s willing to bomb their forces. And remember, the Iran Deal is one of the few completely good things that happened under the Obama administration. The fact he can’t even rejoin that is super pathetic. 
The other thing that happened yesterday was that the parliamentarian ruled against raising the minimum wage for budget reconciliation. Now, some people think that’s the end of that, but the Vice President can actually overrule the parliamentarian on this. And everything seems to be pointing towards that she won’t do that even though she can overrule the parliamentarian. Or, Chuck Schumer could fire the parliamentarian just like Trent Lott did in 2001 when they ruled on something that the Republicans didn’t like to do. Tbf to Schumer, it’s possible he does that soon, but I honestly doubt it. And some people may say that it would struggle to pass anyways with folk like Manchin and Sinema opposed to it, but by not even overruling the parliamentarian you’re already waving the white flag saying that you won’t even fight. 
I don’t want to hear from folk again that the dems are good guys, because they clearly aren’t. At best they are incompetent, at worst they are evil. Yes, they are still better than the Republicans but that is literally the lowest bar possible to clear. They shouldn’t be just clearing it, and yet that’s all they seem to do. 
I say these intense criticisms not because I absolutely despise the Democrats (I absolutely want Biden to do the right thing in office), but more out of fear. Because if they don’t change things fast, they are really paving the way for an even worse Republican to take office, and possibly the end of Democracy in the US as we know it. 

What did you expect?

Biden is a doddery old incompetent bell end that should be in a care home rather than the White house.

Gaffe after gaffe,  bollocks after bollocks, it is truly astonishing that there was not a single alternative democrat that could have run instead of him.

Trump got in, mainly, because Clinton was a fucking car crash, Biden got in because Trump was a maniac.

Work it out.

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What did you expect?

Biden is a doddery old incompetent bell end that should be in a care home rather than the White house.

Gaffe after gaffe,  bollocks after bollocks, it is truly astonishing that there was not a single alternative democrat that could have run instead of him.

Trump got in, mainly, because Clinton was a fucking car crash, Biden got in because Trump was a maniac.

Work it out.

Oh I certainly wasn’t expecting much from Biden at all. I was very much a Bernie Sanders supporter, but once the establishment dems lined up to take out Bernie Sanders the weekend before Super Tuesday it was effectively Biden. He definitely was among the worst choices during the primary (though at least he’s not Bloomberg), and honestly Biden lucked out cause of Covid 

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What did you expect?

Work it out.

You can see why so many people are disillusioned with politics, particularly in the US and UK. You get a cunting lunatic of the highest order in power, you oppose it with a mould-encased, flavourless sponge, the sponge wins, a period of crushing disappointment ensues, the sponge gets opposed by another cunting lunatic, the cunting lunatic wins, a period of dangerous instability ensues, you oppose it with a mould-encased, flavourless sponge... ... ... ...

This will carry on until the right people enter politics. Unfortunately, they don’t. Which is why you end up with Trump and Biden, or Johnson and Starmer. And also why so many people don’t even bother voting, the last US election excepted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Oh I certainly wasn’t expecting much from Biden at all. I was very much a Bernie Sanders supporter, but once the establishment dems lined up to take out Bernie Sanders the weekend before Super Tuesday it was effectively Biden. He definitely was among the worst choices during the primary (though at least he’s not Bloomberg), and honestly Biden lucked out cause of Covid 

The choice between Sanders and Biden was like the choice between dog shit and cat shit.

That is the problem, currently, with American politics, no outstanding candidates, no real statesmen/women who can take the country by the scruff of the neck.

Failing that, you have nobody that is, sort of, inoffensive in the Jimmy Carter mode who could bring both sides together long enough for them to run the country.

Bit fucked, aren't you.

25 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That may be true, but that still doesn’t excuse him bombing other countries. I mentioned it more for the fact that the militia that was bombed was backed by Iran, which really destroys the possibility of getting the Iran deal back together. Which again, it was one of the few undeniably good things done during the Obama administration. 

When has this bombing worked? Apart from the TV/public ratings and the I am a hard man blah blah and I am re-elected blah blah. And by the way,  you can vote for me later,  your defense industry blue collars jobs are secure for the next four years. It seems it is not Biden. not democrat, not republican policy. Just general policy. They have to make a mark. I am the "President" of the most powerful country so I must do over some poor fucker somewhere to keep up that facade. Wizard of fucking Oz syndrome somewhere. I still do not understand why they felt the need to surf into Grenada. 

Who else is enjoying watching the top levels of the Scottish Executive squirm?

Despite how it looks to most rational people, the Supreme Leader will survive this if only because it is impossible for her to do wrong in the eyes of her adoring and slavish supporters.

They'll still get a majority in May and there will still be widespread violence in Scotland within the next four years.

21 hours ago, Windsor said:

Despite how it looks to most rational people, the Supreme Leader will survive this if only because it is impossible for her to do wrong in the eyes of her adoring and slavish supporters.

They'll still get a majority in May and there will still be widespread violence in Scotland within the next four years.

That face on sturgeon at the end.lol

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Windsor said:

What makes you so sure they will get a majority? I think there is a strong likelihood they have suffered political damage as a result of this saga. They will be the largest party certainly.  But a majority is not a dead cert. 

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

On 02/03/2021 at 21:58, Windsor said:

What makes you so sure they will get a majority? I think there is a strong likelihood they have suffered political damage as a result of this saga. They will be the largest party certainly.  But a majority is not a dead cert. 

The general and collective stupidity of the people of Scotland who will vote for anything with the word ‘Scottish’ in it.

19 hours ago, Windsor said:

The general and collective stupidity of the people of Scotland who will vote for anything with the word ‘Scottish’ in it.

I can see labour ,Tories and the rest of the unionist parties creating a unionist umbrella party . Scottish Union party maybe? I know there's alliance for unity with a loose tactical voting cooperation going on.

9 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I can see labour ,Tories and the rest of the unionist parties creating a unionist umbrella party . 

Well, that makes one of us. 

;)