Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Okay, who deleted Z’s posts and why?

On 21/04/2021 at 15:32, The Quim Reaper said:

this forum has been a sponge cake with no flavour recently, I’m glad you’re here :lol:

I think you might soon return to the previous crushing dullness. For about 6 months, before either the forum itself snuffs it or your head is chopped off by a charming "refugee" gentleman.

4 minutes ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

lol. Here we go.

Honestly, if we’re just gonna delete everything that isn’t either data entry or other forms of fucking dishwater, half of us (the interesting half) might as well just fucking leave.

This is why this forum will die on its arse.

7 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Honestly, if we’re just gonna delete everything that isn’t either data entry or other forms of fucking dishwater, half of us (the interesting half) might as well just fucking leave.

The people who control this forum (and practically every other part of the internet) are all just like you.

They are the kind of "person" who, when one day actually being beheaded on a public street by a Jihadi, will mutter and grumble to the nearest person:

"I suppose you think that just because this is happening, that means you're allowed to say this is happening! Gowaaan, I know you want to say it you bloody far-right Tommy Robinson blah blah blah *shakes fist*

*death gurgles*"

And that will be their greatest moment in "life," their greatest achievement. And it may only be a summer away or a year away, we don't know.

20 minutes ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

The people who control this forum are all just like you.

They are the kind of "person" who, when one day actually being beheaded on a public street by a Jihadi, will mutter and grumble to the nearest person:

"I suppose you think that just because this is happening, that means you're allowed to say this is happening! Gowaaan, I know you want to say it you bloody far-right Tommy Robinson blah blah blah *shakes fist*

*death gurgles*"

Now you see, I’m neither like the trio of dickheads overseeing the demise of the forum, nor am I about to be beheaded by one of these ‘foreigners’ your deranged rhetoric is against.

But *turns to the ToD* the disagreement there makes for entertainment. It’s not personal. It’s funny.

EDIT: The posts below, on the other hand...the deleted posts between me and Z were just joshing, the subsequent rant looks like it’s going to go down the road of islamophobia and transphobia, and THAT is where you draw the fucking line.

4 minutes ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

The people who control this forum (and practically every other part of the internet) are all just like you.

*death gurgles*"

And that will be their greatest moment in "life," their greatest achievement. And it may only be a summer away or a year away, we don't know.

You truly are a stupid boy

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

You truly are a stupid boy

Sure, kid. Whatever.

What was your excuse for spending your entire life here before COVID?

1 minute ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

Sure, kid. Whatever.

What was your excuse for spending your entire life here before COVID?

Imagine having such a sad life that you have try to bully younger folk to get yourself. 

29 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Deathers set up his alternative site.  Perhaps that would be a suitable refuge for you to hurl insults at each other? 

Just now, DevonDeathTrip said:

Deathers set up his alternative site.  Perhaps that would be a suitable refuge for you to hurl insults at each other? 

Look at the discrimination above you. You going to delete that? That’s where the insults are.

What was deleted before was an amusing exchange.

Consistent as pigeon shit.

FFs give me 5 mins , I'm at work 

Edit - Done.  In future please use the report button, much quicker than whining about my ineptitude.

I’ll admit I was basically trying to bait him to reveal his true colors even more. I did report one of his posts too. Glad that I did something meaningful today. :D

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

In future please use the report button, much quicker than whining about my ineptitude.

Nice. But did anyone report the deleted posts from earlier? I’d be amazed if they did.

Kill the bigotry, don’t kill the fun.

I obviously missed something.

46 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Nice. But did anyone report the deleted posts from earlier? I’d be amazed if they did.

Kill the bigotry, don’t kill the fun.

You obviously have an extremely short memory.  I will always stand up to bigotry and strongly object to you implying otherwise.  

You might also want to consider that the membership of this forum is made up of a diverse range of views and what may constitute 'fun' for you isn't necessarily 'fun' for everybody else.  I totally accept the administration of this site isn't going to please everyone, but ultimately the forum is bigger than some of the enormous egos who inhabit it and isn't going to 'die' if we very occasionally nip in and delete the output of a previously banned psychopath. 

8 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

You obviously have an extremely short memory.  I will always stand up to bigotry and strongly object to you implying otherwise.  

You might also want to consider that the membership of this forum is made up of a diverse range of views and what may constitute 'fun' for you isn't necessarily 'fun' for everybody else.  I totally accept the administration of this site isn't going to please everyone, but ultimately the forum is bigger than some of the enormous egos who inhabit it and isn't going to 'die' if we very occasionally nip in and delete the output of a previously banned psychopath. 

Yes but, he can be a very funny psychopath.

23 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

No don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you don’t stand up to bigotry - you do in particular, and I’m sorry if that’s what it looked like I was getting at. I was just exasperated that the exchange Z and I had earlier was deleted, particularly given that it was one of the tamer ones, and I feared that this site was becoming too flat and intolerant of any kind of mischievous antagonism.

It’s important we still have time for a bit of chaos, a bit of creative needle; the amusement cuts through the tedium of lists of some fucking unknown centenarian diplomats.

• Like 1

Whoever messed up Matt Wankcock’s pint...I want to buy you a pint.

04A33D27-D7E4-43BB-9DED-04558FA9284E.jpeg.a12ba0bf06bc1e1baa08728137b9a242.jpeg

31 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Whoever messed up Matt Wankcock’s pint...I want to buy you a pint.

04A33D27-D7E4-43BB-9DED-04558FA9284E.jpeg.a12ba0bf06bc1e1baa08728137b9a242.jpeg

Widely acknowledged as photoshopped. Though if he's drinking John Smith's by choice then he'd deserve a pint of Guinness like that one.

0_Secretary-of-State-for-Health-Matt-Hancock-with-Tees-Valley-Mayor-Ben-Houchen-at-The-Rudds-Arms-in-M.jpg

9 minutes ago, time said:

Widely acknowledged as photoshopped.

I know. Just raised a smile, is all.

London mayoral election :D

First Preference; Richard Hewison (Rejoin EU-Volt)
Second Preference; Sadiq Khan (Labour). 

• Like 1

Nadine Dorries here, once again making clear her room temperature IQ, claiming that Johnson created 180,000 jobs for a town with a population of 92,000.

2895A628-3F97-4EB0-9520-475D760B598C.jpeg.63b2e8f9a525031161b925bf4b25735a.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Nadine Dorries here, once again making clear her room temperature IQ, claiming that Johnson created 180,000 jobs for a town with a population of 92,000.

2895A628-3F97-4EB0-9520-475D760B598C.jpeg.63b2e8f9a525031161b925bf4b25735a.jpeg

She's just counting the Tory votes ahead of Thursday... 

• Haha 1

A brief foray into this thread. Well, as brief as I can make it!

Interesting that the main coverage nationally (UK) is centred on SNP independence position. I mean, they do know that's the basis for existence of the party, right? However, this is going to be interesting probably for the effect that yaw yaw Bawjaws, and the lockdown has had on folk.

Let's be clear - most of the folk I know, while accepting the rules on lockdown, have absolutely hated every minute of it and Sturgeon has been the face of that, like it or not. The farmers have been through a fiasco of funding. Folk have become more selfish, despite gains in education and narrowing the attainment gap, it's easy for others to point out it may not be working for some, and folk will go "yeah what aboot my wain". And there's the Glasgow hospital problems and deaths. There's plenty to criticise (but also welcome) and this may be why SNP support is on the decline.

So, to the contenders.

Labour's position seems to be a five year plan for recovery from the pandemic. Really, you are going to need 5 years? Ok, but Labour have only published a costed plan for the first year of their proposed administration - not 5 years. C'est incredible! And their spending plans already look shaky - going to do what they always do, take something away from the poor to give them jam on something else.

Tories - Douglas Ross is obviously all for job creation - giving himself a fourth job on top of the three he already has, and isn't giving up his Parliamentary seat. That's all we need to see, the self interest of the wealthy. I've tried to work out what they actually stand for, but I know they are against independence, against Labour coming second, even seeming to suggest if Bawjaws has broken the Min Code he should resign. Yeah, Ruth Davidson soon changed her tune on the PM once she got elected last time, won't be any different this time. And Brexit has sold out the fishermen and the fishing industry has lost billions since January alone.

Greens. Their all out attack on the oil and gas industries won't win them much in the north east, but their universal basic income and changes to Council Tax might win them friends elsewhere. Their support for Indy won't impact on folks' list votes.

LibDems - Willie Rennie's answer to every question he has been posed is we have to invest more in mental health. His party are no longer a rejoin Europe party, yet he keeps saying that his position is to persuade people to rejoin. You don't need to persuade the folk of Scotland, who already voted to stay in the EU, so what's to persuade? A once proud tradition of representation in Scotland, this party has died on its arse under his leadership and since Clegg sold a pass to Cameron in 2010.

Alba. Who knows? Sounds like it could be fireworks if Salmond returned to the fray, but would they really just undermine the SNP on everything but indy? A blank page to be written.

Others - won't do anything.

There's more to love than boy meets girl, and there's more to the ScoParl elections than Indy.

• Like 1