Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

A small problem has been discovered with Labour’s campaign.

19 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@YoungWillz Surely this has to be the last election were the Scottish Liberal Democrats go into it lead by Willie  Rennie? 

If there's a god yes.

But I stopped believing in god the moment Boris came out of the ICU alive! :lol:

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If there's a god yes.

But I stopped believing in god the moment Boris came out of the ICU alive! :lol:

I am finding this election fairly hard to predict  aside from the SNP will be the biggest party but the lib dems have both not addressed their identity crisis since the coalition years and poor leadership across the board is leaving a very stagnant pong!! 

Willie Rennie has not gained gravitas with the increasing years of political leadership but rather seems like stale porridge that needs to be chucked!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

A small problem has been discovered with Labour’s campaign.

To be fair she looks like the kind of woman who was brought up to deny everything to the fuzz...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I am finding this election fairly hard to predict  aside from the SNP will be the biggest party but the lib dems have both not addressed their identity crisis since the coalition years and poor leadership across the board is leaving a very stagnant pong!! 

Willie Rennie has not gained gravitas with the increasing years of political leadership but rather seems like stale porridge that needs to be chucked!

Its fairly predictable. We're dooooooooomed! The nationalists will win. They will have their second shot of independence. Win. The end. 

Mostly because the chavs, illiterate and benefit cheats from Glasgow and Dundee saw an amusing pro-independence Facebook meme...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Its fairly predictable. We're dooooooooomed! The nationalists will win. They will have their second shot of independence. Win. The end. 

Mostly because the chavs, illiterate and benefit cheats from Glasgow and Dundee saw an amusing pro-independence Facebook meme...

I thought there were signs of slippage in support for the SNP in recent polls?

16 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I thought there were signs of slippage in support for the SNP in recent polls?

Yes, but they will still be the largest party and there will still be a pro-independence majority if you count in the slime-ball Greens.

46 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Yes, but they will still be the largest party and there will still be a pro-independence majority if you count in the slime-ball Greens.

I don't think its as certain as you believe but not long to wait to find out who is right!

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I don't think its as certain as you believe but not long to wait to find out who is right!

The long wait will be my reprieve from a bad result. 

If the separatists win big I intend to accuse them of cheating by stuffing ballot boxes and destroying votes during the so-called COVID counting delays. Its all a conspiracy to steal the election; thats why Scotland hasn't opened up as quickly as England despite having less cases and less cause for concern. In their 14 years of power the SNP have slowly been taking over local positions including in the electoral process; in particular polling clerks and presiding officers. They will cheat their way to independence. 

Of course I have no evidence of this, but why let that get in the way of a good story...

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Windsor said:

The long wait will be my reprieve from a bad result. 

If the separatists win big I intend to accuse them of cheating by stuffing ballot boxes and destroying votes during the so-called COVID counting delays. Its all a conspiracy to steal the election; thats why Scotland hasn't opened up as quickly as England despite having less cases and less cause for concern. In their 14 years of power the SNP have slowly been taking over local positions including in the electoral process; in particular polling clerks and presiding officers. They will cheat their way to independence. 

Of course I have no evidence of this, but why let that get in the way of a good story...

You conniving old cynic!!

20 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@YoungWillz Surely this has to be the last election were the Scottish Liberal Democrats go into it lead by Willie  Rennie? 

Who knows? You see, Gooseberry, Wee Willie Rennie isn't a great debater, or negotiator, or public speaker, or anything you might think a leader needs. Except one thing: whenever there's an actual election campaign, he turns into an off the radar solid door to door political campaigner! Lib Dems wont do much here but they will hold their 4 constituency seats and Rennie might even expand his own majority.

So imo the great default leader will continue to default onwards for some time yet!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Who knows? You see, Gooseberry, Wee Willie Rennie isn't a great debater, or negotiator, or public speaker, or anything you might think a leader needs. Except one thing: whenever there's an actual election campaign, he turns into an off the radar solid door to door political campaigner! Lib Dems wont do much here but they will hold their 4 constituency seats and Rennie might even expand his own majority.

So imo the great default leader will continue to default onwards for some time yet!

Was speaking to my aunt last week who said she was considering LibDem on the List vote, despite having said two minutes earlier she thought he was a numpty (Americans, feel free to spread that word in the States) and was always getting kicked around Holyrood by Sturgeon on a weekly basis.

Said she had changed her mind about Rennie (the only Rennie to give you indigestion) because of the campaign. I told her to go ahead, I'm keen for folk to vote, regardless. Then we can justifiably criticise them for the next 5 years!

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Was speaking to my aunt last week who said she was considering LibDem on the List vote, despite having said two minutes earlier she thought he was a numpty (Americans, feel free to spread that word in the States) and was always getting kicked around Holyrood by Sturgeon on a weekly basis.

Said she had changed her mind about Rennie (the only Rennie to give you indigestion) because of the campaign. I told her to go ahead, I'm keen for folk to vote, regardless. Then we can justifiably criticise them for the next 5 years!

tbh I feel like the best run opposition campaign might have been Scottish Labour, which is something I can't get my head around...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

tbh I feel like the best run opposition campaign might have been Scottish Labour, which is something I can't get my head around...:lol:

Here's hoping Jackie Baillie finally gets her smug arse booted from her seat. If ever there was someone disconnected from her people, it's her, followed closely by my very own James Kelly.

Just checked. Baillie so convinced she will win her constituency vote (being sarky here) she's top of the Regional list.

So we'll have her back one way or another. Depressing.

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just checked. Baillie so convinced she will win her constituency vote (being sarky here) she's top of the Regional list.

So we'll have her back one way or another. Depressing.

Common sense next to the odd SNP decision not to put Swinney top in his region though. If he still has a job this time next week he's had a lucky escape...

On 06/05/2021 at 13:40, msc said:

Common sense next to the odd SNP decision not to put Swinney top in his region though. If he still has a job this time next week he's had a lucky escape...

Swinney Hold. His percentage is up and by more than Murdo Fraser.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Swinney Hold. His percentage is up and by more than Murdo Fraser.

Yeah that one genuinely surprised me. The mood music was grim before hand. I don't see many changes of incumbency, although Tories worried about Ayr, Eastwood (!!) and whichever Edinburgh seat Angus is running in.

48 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah that one genuinely surprised me. The mood music was grim before hand. I don't see many changes of incumbency, although Tories worried about Ayr, Eastwood (!!) and whichever Edinburgh seat Angus is running in.

Interesting to see Jackson Carlaw turning up to his count with....a bottle of water!

A man who looks like he starts the day with a breakfast wine, with a brunch wine and a lunch wine before he makes it into the chamber. :lol:

Clearly the SNP is doing well thanks to the votes of the 16 year olds they groomed and the criminals the enfranchised. 

All those votes they dumped last night also helped them out a bit.

They stole this election with underhand tactics. Thankfully we do not expect the Union to end peaceably with a vote.

On 06/05/2021 at 12:55, msc said:

@Gooseberry Crumble did I call it or did I call it? 

• Like 1