Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

5E70AA29-6AD7-4552-B396-ABC65EB84D50.thumb.jpeg.d8b26b21db6e9ab2823233f371062e0c.jpeg

3F12A271-5E97-4A06-83BD-F50524DF7D49.jpeg.d9fa2afb1d5692e085c02707ce2a5371.jpeg

• Haha 1

Well. The next 5 years are going to be shite.

Poor James Kelly. Not only does he get humped in the local and not elected on the list, Wiki doesn't at present even show him as a MSP who lost his seat. :lol:

Additional member system hides a multitude of sins. Three jobs Dougie lost Ayr and Edinburgh Central, yet ends up with the same number of seats. I do chuckle at the interviews, consistently saying that the losing parties' wishes and manifestos must be respected. Remind me exactly when "I lied about not shagging that American when I was Mayor" Bawjaws, with his 80+ seat majority, agreed to implement any of the losing parties' manifestos - must have passed me by.

I mean, he's barely implementing his own. ;)

On 28/04/2021 at 23:09, DevonDeathTrip said:

You obviously have an extremely short memory.  I will always stand up to bigotry and strongly object to you implying otherwise.  

You might also want to consider that the membership of this forum is made up of a diverse range of views and what may constitute 'fun' for you isn't necessarily 'fun' for everybody else.  I totally accept the administration of this site isn't going to please everyone, but ultimately the forum is bigger than some of the enormous egos who inhabit it and isn't going to 'die' if we very occasionally nip in and delete the output of a previously banned psychopath. 

The irony of talking about having respect for members and not crossing the line between fun and not fun only to then end your post by casting a age old trope of diagnosing someone with a medical condition of 'physcopath' just because they've exhibited some Internet behaviour you don't agree with. 

I doubt either me or Zorders meet medical qualification for physchopathy. It's funny how people can bleet on about the need for respect whilst exhibiting every behaviour they complain about. 

• Like 1

Just been Kicked off twitter, I suggested that certain politicians had been tarred with the same brush. This was directed at cabinet and their advisors and ex, seemed reasonable as they have been in cahoots and sparing with the truth. I then said they should be feathered, a little tickling should not have caused any harm but twitter took offence. They clearly have no appreciation of the higher echelons of power and politics work and suppress the truth. 

How long did it take Trump to get banned? Clearly not the best.

I'm not political or radical, just don't tolerate people who don't tell the truth. 

Just a bit on the spectrum, analytical. 

16 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Just been Kicked off twitter, I suggested that certain politicians had been tarred with the same brush. This was directed at cabinet and their advisors and ex, seemed reasonable as they have been in cahoots and sparing with the truth. I then said they should be feathered, a little tickling should not have caused any harm but twitter took offence. They clearly have no appreciation of the higher echelons of power and politics work and suppress the truth. 

How long did it take Trump to get banned? Clearly not the best.

I'm not political or radical, just don't tolerate people who don't tell the truth. 

Just a bit on the spectrum, analytical. 

Perhaps somebody thought you said "touch of the tar brush".  :evil2:

On 10/05/2021 at 12:37, YoungWillz said:

Poor James Kelly. Not only does he get humped in the local and not elected on the list, Wiki doesn't at present even show him as a MSP who lost his seat. :lol:

Additional member system hides a multitude of sins. Three jobs Dougie lost Ayr and Edinburgh Central, yet ends up with the same number of seats. I do chuckle at the interviews, consistently saying that the losing parties' wishes and manifestos must be respected. Remind me exactly when "I lied about not shagging that American when I was Mayor" Bawjaws, with his 80+ seat majority, agreed to implement any of the losing parties' manifestos - must have passed me by.

I mean, he's barely implementing his own. ;)

Didn't hear much complaining from the nationalists corner when they benefitted from it in the early years.

Mind you, they've also all of a sudden stopped criticising the Westminster first-past-the-post system. 

Shower of hypocritical cunts.

Very much enjoyed today’s big story of dangerous liars, told by one of them.

Any other govt, in any other democracy, would collapse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Very much enjoyed today’s big story of dangerous liars, told by one of them.

Any other govt, in any other democracy, would collapse.

Any other government in any other democracy would have a credible opposition to replace them with.

• Like 1

How’s this for impeccable timing?

Inquiry into Tory Islamophobia finds that Anti-Muslim sentiment is a big problem within the party. The inquiry was 2 years ago,  shows pretty some fucking damning evidence, just happens to get published during all this Cummings/Johnson/Hancock shitstorm. What are the chances of that?

Straight out of nazi Germany. I never want to hear 'why did people go along with Hitler and why didn't people stand up again'. Very horrible nasty government.

3 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Straight out of nazi Germany. I never want to hear 'why did people go along with Hitler and why didn't people stand up again'. Very horrible nasty government.

We all have to die of something...

F6BB44AF-E129-4A59-92E4-0302757EE2AF.jpeg.362d8ee6692758fbb419d2299e1c10cf.jpeg

Yeah, because metric rules our lives. I’m absolutely sick of having to order 568ml of beer at the pub.

Give these fuckers 2.54cm and they take 1.6km.

• Haha 3

773195E1-4562-41DE-B4D6-DE0BAFC0B8B4.thumb.jpeg.f58d7b740761639c07710a0e664abc0b.jpeg

Pierced Organ boycotts IKEA after they become one of many companies to pull all advertising from the noxious new Andrew Neil startup, GB News. Which is a shame, as IKEA had just designed a new piece of furniture inspired by him.

4DF27CC7-58D6-49C5-B193-F6B85FF8BBD9.thumb.jpeg.a6cd68adba79948886202c1945acbdad.jpeg

6 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

773195E1-4562-41DE-B4D6-DE0BAFC0B8B4.thumb.jpeg.f58d7b740761639c07710a0e664abc0b.jpeg

Pierced Organ boycotts IKEA after they become one of many companies to pull all advertising from the noxious new Andrew Neil startup, GB News. Which is a shame, as IKEA had just designed a new piece of furniture inspired by him.

4DF27CC7-58D6-49C5-B193-F6B85FF8BBD9.thumb.jpeg.a6cd68adba79948886202c1945acbdad.jpeg

Hey, they are not all noxious,  a couple maybe but not all.

There are plenty of noxious individuals all over other news networks,  no fucker boycotts  those networks.

It's fucking blackmail 'withdraw your advertising or else' and it is WRONG on every level.

The very people who are trying to shut down different opinions and control Press and network output are the actual kind of Nazis that they despise and vow to go all Simon Wiesenthal over on social media.

These people were the great unwashed layabouts who, one day, decided to get a job, a partner, kids and live in the best part of Muswell Hill.

They are fucking insane, they actually want revolution, total control by the hard left.

They can fuck right off.

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Hey, they are not all noxious,  a couple maybe but not all.

There are plenty of noxious individuals all over other news networks,  no fucker boycotts  those networks.

It's fucking blackmail 'withdraw your advertising or else' and it is WRONG on every level.

The very people who are trying to shut down different opinions and control Press and network output are the actual kind of Nazis that they despise and vow to go all Simon Wiesenthal over on social media.

These people were the great unwashed layabouts who, one day, decided to get a job, a partner, kids and live in the best part of Muswell Hill.

They are fucking insane, they actually want revolution, total control by the hard left.

They can fuck right off.

Well, much like the freedom of speech so many of these people think they don’t have, the companies have the freedom to decide where they advertise, and, in any case, consumers have the freedom to decide to boycott companies that they feel don’t fit with their moral values.

They do appear to be a bunch of misfits and has-beens who have had brushes with controversy.

And Neil Fucking Oliver. To be fair, he has a legitimate gripe against the Scottish Nationalists who didn't like his version of history because it didn't fit their agenda. 

19 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Well, much like the freedom of speech so many of these people think they don’t have, the companies have the freedom to decide where they advertise, and, in any case, consumers have the freedom to decide to boycott companies that they feel don’t fit with their moral values.

What does that have to do with people setting up groups on social media to target advertisers to 'persuade' them to withdraw their adverts from GB news?

I suppose it was just pure coincidence that a group of advertisers just happened to think, in unison, 'Nah, I think we will stick our ads on another channel..'

It was never about boycotting the programme, anybody can just switch off, it was about strangling the revenue from advertising to force them off air.

If you seriously see no issue with that then we are on two different planets and I shall say no more.

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What does that have to do with people setting up groups on social media to target advertisers to 'persuade' them to withdraw their adverts from GB news?

I suppose it was just pure coincidence that a group of advertisers just happened to think, in unison, 'Nah, I think we will stick our ads on another channel..'

It was never about boycotting the programme, anybody can just switch off, it was about strangling the revenue from advertising to force them off air.

If you seriously see no issue with that then we are on two different planets and I shall say no more.

…which of course they’ll want to do if they view this channel as one which spreads hate and misinformation. Not everyone will come to that conclusion but as I say, they’re at liberty to.

It wasn’t coincidence, they saw the channel for the unfortunate manner it has and took action. Assuming they don’t give a cunt about morals, which they likely don’t, it’s certainly bad PR if it appears that way.

But even still, you don’t seriously think that a few irate tweeters have the power to haul a channel off air, do you? No, this is a vast portion of the population thinking we have one horrendously biased broadcaster too many already, without Neil and his motley crew of cunts. And it’s not as if it’s just GB that gets shot at daily for what it does. Look at the BBC, getting arseloads of flak for its utter failure to remain unbiased, and gets loads of calls from both the left and the right for it to be defunded.

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

…which of course they’ll want to do if they view this channel as one which spreads hate and misinformation. Not everyone will come to that conclusion but as I say, they’re at liberty to.

It wasn’t coincidence, they saw the channel for the unfortunate manner it has and took action. Assuming they don’t give a cunt about morals, which they likely don’t, it’s certainly bad PR if it appears that way.

But even still, you don’t seriously think that a few irate tweeters have the power to haul a channel off air, do you? No, this is a vast portion of the population thinking we have one horrendously biased broadcaster too many already, without Neil and his motley crew of cunts. And it’s not as if it’s just GB that gets shot at daily for what it does. Look at the BBC, getting arseloads of flak for its utter failure to remain unbiased, and gets loads of calls from both the left and the right for it to be defunded.

Hmmm. You seriously underestimate the power of shaming.

Those advertisers have shit it, one accusation of consorting with Herr Neil would result it shit loads of bad publicity.

Society is fragmenting very quickly, they will need to choose their audiences carefully. Or summat.

Yeah, that’ll be it, you totally useless cunt.

3503F470-F157-4574-8F19-91D1FE727F43.png.d143b2ced6c837c80f1901b74d20d896.png

Bercow, newly defected from Tory to Labour, has his say on the matter, eloquently as ever.

• Haha 1

6CE5E227-23B9-46C9-AC04-6DF91B328864.thumb.jpeg.3bb88fb0791af6dba7e1eac9f4df391f.jpeg

from @MattiFlint on twitter

3D638251-5724-4634-85D9-5D39110A4E65.thumb.jpeg.1062631b700c4629e8142848a70cd3bc.jpeg