Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

• Like 1

On 30/04/2018 at 11:26, Bibliogryphon said:

Congratulations to Sajid Javid on his appointment as Home Secretary

thunderbirds_uk.the_hood.jpg

Now Sajid Javid is Health Secretary, taking his job seriously by contracting the COVID after two jabs: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57874744

Congratulations!

(To the rona of course).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-58226695

Zambian centre-liberal 59-year old perennial candidate Hakainde Hichilema who has participated in the presidential elections of 2006, 2008, 2011, 2015 and 2016 has won the 2021 elections against pres Edgar Lungu with 59% of the votes.

Experiencing real cognitive dissonance at a Tory talking absolute sense, and with compassion and intelligence.

Just serves as a reminder that, as anti-Tory as I and many others feel, the party could and should be far, far less noxious. Out with the Johnson, Raab, Gove and Patel, and in with the Stewart, Soubry, Grieve and Gauke.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Experiencing real cognitive dissonance at a Tory talking absolute sense, and with compassion and intelligence.

Just serves as a reminder that, as anti-Tory as I and many others feel, the party could and should be far, far less noxious. Out with the Johnson, Raab, Gove and Patel, and in with the Stewart, Soubry, Grieve and Gauke.

The Tory Party has always been a coalition between the One-Nation group and the more moneterist Thatcherites. However all the One-Nation Tories have been purged from the party and been replaced with Far Right disaster capitalists. I could respect people like Heseltine and Clarke Even if I disagreed with them but I feel the current grouping  would happily see The destruction of the country if they or their friends could make a quick buck out of it

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The Tory Party has always been a coalition between the One-Nation group and the more moneterist Thatcherites. However all the One-Nation Tories have been purged from the party and been replaced with Far Right disaster capitalists. I could respect people like Heseltine and Clarke Even if I disagreed with them but I feel the current grouping  would happily see The destruction of the country if they or their friends could make a quick buck out of it

I've always felt it important to acknowledge the relatively decent Tories in parliament (Tobias Ellwood and Charles Walker are two other examples) for two reasons. One, because it reminds me to judge folk by their actions and not solely by their party choice (after all, we all know complete cunts who've been elected for Labour, SNP, Lib Dems, etc.) Second, because it also serves as a reminder that Boris Johnson, Priti Patel etc choose to act the way they do. It's not just being a Tory, they actively go further into the realms of the corrupt and incompetent.

• Like 1

UK govt latest: After saying Marcus Rashford should “stick to football” after trying to make sure kids don’t go hungry, and the same to Tyrone Mings for defending his squad making a stand against racial abuse, they’ve decided Ian Botham off of cricket should be Trade Envoy to Australia because he voted for Brexshit.

When you shut the door on anyone who thinks Brexit was a terrible idea, you end up with such a tiny pool of people that this kind of Iannucci-surpassing madness happens.

Later on this week, Richard Madeley becomes head of Ofqual and Jim Davidson is appointed Attorney General.

13 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

UK govt latest: After saying Marcus Rashford should “stick to football” after trying to make sure kids don’t go hungry, and the same to Tyrone Mings for defending his squad making a stand against racial abuse, they’ve decided Ian Botham off of cricket should be Trade Envoy to Australia because he voted for Brexshit.

When you shut the door on anyone who thinks Brexit was a terrible idea, you end up with such a tiny pool of people that this kind of Iannucci-surpassing madness happens.

Later on this week, Richard Madeley becomes head of Ofqual and Jim Davidson is appointed Attorney General.

No, trade envoys are drawn from across the political spectrum; it says so on the .gov.uk website so it must be true. Looking forward to the announcement of Pat Nevin's appointment anytime now.

Estonia had a very odd Presidential election today...the parliament usually chooses the President and 21 parliament members need to nominate a candidate so that he or she can participate.

Anyways, the only candidate was Alar Karis, 63-year old biologist and National Museum head. He won the election.

This here:

14EB98D9-6E2C-4FA9-B8DD-6873CF97861E.thumb.jpeg.1ee85cc376518819d34c21b1b8dafd55.jpeg

Why is this a story? Why leak a private request for Liz to see her great-granddaughter? Several papers are running this.

Oh, wait…

821C46EC-538E-4991-99EF-6264119B021E.thumb.jpeg.01f47addbe57a36806f2d48909b40a7b.jpeg

To cover up that Charles is implicated in the Cash-For-Honours scandal. All makes sense now.

Disgusting people.

Does it really matter?  Honours are just a pat on the head and a pretty brooch to wear, all a bit meaningless really.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This here:

14EB98D9-6E2C-4FA9-B8DD-6873CF97861E.thumb.jpeg.1ee85cc376518819d34c21b1b8dafd55.jpeg

Why is this a story? Why leak a private request for Liz to see her great-granddaughter? Several papers are running this.

Oh, wait…

821C46EC-538E-4991-99EF-6264119B021E.thumb.jpeg.01f47addbe57a36806f2d48909b40a7b.jpeg

To cover up that Charles is implicated in the Cash-For-Honours scandal. All makes sense now.

Disgusting people.

I was thinking the whole Prince Charles thing was the dead cat to try and distract from the manifesto breaking social care policies 

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

Does it really matter?  Honours are just a pat on the head and a pretty brooch to wear, all a bit meaningless really.

It’s corruption. Of course it matters.

8 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

It’s corruption. Of course it matters.

If it was about anything important I'd agree with you, but honours are a trivial matter. If someone wants to give a large amount of their money away in exchange for a bauble that's up to them.  It doesn't take anything away from anyone else, and if charities benefit then that's a good thing.

Without coming across as some sort of arse licker, I have to say that you both have points of merit.

To me, the honours system is ridiculous and utterly pointless and something that, like the House of Lords, should have been binned around 1904.

In saying that, it still carries some weight and there are people out there who would pay to get one in order for it to further their own interests.

Technically, corruption but to the masses, like me, who don't give a shit, it is meaningless.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Without coming across as some sort of arse licker, I have to say that you both have points of merit.

To me, the honours system is ridiculous and utterly pointless and something that, like the House of Lords, should have been binned around 1904.

In saying that, it still carries some weight and there are people out there who would pay to get one in order for it to further their own interests.

Technically, corruption but to the masses, like me, who don't give a shit, it is meaningless.

I do actually think there's a place for a House of Lords used properly - you know, experts in their field as some checks and balances to incompetent governments, like the best retired judges in the country being advisors on proposed legal changes for example.

But of course its just used to pump as many cronies into one place to push through your legislation (both parties do this when in power) which makes it pointless.

As for an honour, I wouldn't pay to receive one but I would easily take lots and lots of money to accept one. :lol:

38 minutes ago, msc said:

I do actually think there's a place for a House of Lords used properly - you know, experts in their field as some checks and balances to incompetent governments, like the best retired judges in the country being advisors on proposed legal changes for example.

But of course its just used to pump as many cronies into one place to push through your legislation (both parties do this when in power) which makes it pointless.

As for an honour, I wouldn't pay to receive one but I would easily take lots and lots of money to accept one. :lol:

Most of them are utter shit cunts that have given out unduly lenient sentences or freed people to kill again.

The rest of them are not worth a shit either, I say abandon it!

You are just a money whore.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It's insanity that the unelected chamber has more members than the elected chamber!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Most of them are utter shit cunts that have given out unduly lenient sentences or freed people to kill again.

The rest of them are not worth a shit either, I say abandon it!

You are just a money whore.:lol:

Hang on, is this the Lords or the Commons? :lol:

Also, as a comic once put it "Love don't buy you money!" :D

55 minutes ago, msc said:

Hang on, is this the Lords or the Commons? :lol:

Also, as a comic once put it "Love don't buy you money!" :D

True!

Wait.

Tories announced tax rises today - calling it a levy, like the dicks they are.

Tories also announced a white paper on integration of health and social care later in the year.

So, they are putting your taxes up without a plan in place.

Noice!

45 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Wait.

Tories announced tax rises today - calling it a levy, like the dicks they are.

Tories also announced a white paper on integration of health and social care later in the year.

So, they are putting your taxes up without a plan in place.

Noice!

A 26-year-old earning £20k a year will be down £130/year.

A 66-year-old earning £50k a year will be down £0/year.

This new “levy” is a deliberate, savage attack on society’s youngest and lowest earners.

We need a fucking wealth tax. Now.

• Like 1

And here is the fucking Eton Mess himself talking to Prick Ferrari. I suppose this was the teaser for the rise announced today.