Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

7 hours ago, Death Impends said:

I live in NJ and am pretty gobsmacked, the gov is a reasonably competent incumbent and those guys usually don't struggle to hold on, especially if the state is already heavily leaning in their political favor. Does seem he will eke it out but it takes me back to the various House specials of the Trump era where R candidates in safe R seats ultimately won, but far more closely than there was any right to be.

Even though we already knew it, fully cements 2022 is going to be a bloodbath for the Dems. And even though I hate the Repubs even more, I don't have any real pity for the Dems. "Trump bad!" messaging when the guy's no longer in office just won't distract from the fact Dems have done sod all since taking power.

It is not that surprising in hindsight. NJ hasn't re-elected a Dem. Governor in 44 years and VA is known to flip parties via Governor every 4 years.

The thing that is shocking is how everything in the entire country went along the same lines. Besides a few exceptions, the progressive candidates almost always lost (in the Dem. party), while the Repubs. swept everything else. Joe Biden will need a few tums this morning.

There were 13 MPs who did not vote for Leadsom ammendment. Many of these are Red Wall Tories so they may be considering how this would go down in those constituencies. 

27 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

There were 13 MPs who did not vote for Leadsom ammendment. Many of these are Red Wall Tories so they may be considering how this would go down in those constituencies. 

13 Conservative MPs, you mean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bojo and JRM knifed him by doing a U-Turn earlier. They didn't even tell him he found out off Laura Kunessberg

5 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Bojo and JRM knifed him by doing a U-Turn earlier. They didn't even tell him he found out off Laura Kunessberg

Riddance to the fucker. I see he decided to play on the death of his wife in his statement in an attempt to get a softer reaction from the public.

No surprises about K****berg the courtier being the first to know.

Public servant my arse.

Christian Wakeford, Tory MP for Bury South, walked up to Owen Paterson yesterday and called him a cunt

Obviously this is marvellous, but it’s worth noting he’s a red wall Tory with a majority of less than 1% so this was likely a novel job preservation exercise.

• Like 1

Every single word of this is bang on. Every single word.

• Thanks 1

I love Susie Dent so much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

I love Susie Dent so much.

That's my MP, who I refer to as a #BorisPoodle.

Is only where she is because her father was previously Tory MP for the same constituency.  Jobs for the girls.

41 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is only where she is because her father was previously Tory MP for the same constituency.  Jobs for the girls.

Huh, Caroline Dinenage (Tory MP) is the daughter of Fred Dinenage. That's nowt to do with you, just a curio I never twigged before, as the no name Tory MP for Gosport doesn't show up in my thoughts!

(Actually I was looking up the Tory MPs curious by this and there's so many of them I have genuinely never heard of. And I like to think I keep an interest in the political world!)

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Laura Farris? 

I would guess Susie had Kwasi Kwarteng in mind but to be honest it’s mostly only Boris-poodles and catchfarts left now.

It’s been calculated (by Labour HQ, no less) that Johnson has travelled over 26k miles in recent times (more than once around the globe) to avoid having to answer difficult questions. Obviously add another few yards to account for that fridge hiding incident, too.

F4C0B7F4-6469-4373-9BA3-07481173D90F.thumb.jpeg.a525ec3635ea2ade25ac8511575f8ae9.jpeg

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

It’s been calculated (by Labour HQ, no less) that Johnson has travelled over 26k miles in recent times (more than once around the globe) to avoid having to answer difficult questions. Obviously add another few yards to account for that fridge hiding incident, too.

F4C0B7F4-6469-4373-9BA3-07481173D90F.thumb.jpeg.a525ec3635ea2ade25ac8511575f8ae9.jpeg

It is however a very useful live example of the difficulties for the climate change lot. You can have millions of folk adjusting their actions to try and help, and one selfish bastard can undo all of that on his own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

It is however a very useful live example of the difficulties for the climate change lot. You can have millions of folk adjusting their actions to try and help, and one selfish bastard can undo all of that on his own.

On climate change, this brings to mind the Green Council Leader who flew to COP26 from London. Bellend’s been spending the day saying he’s made an “error of judgement”.

Can't we just have a revolution and get rid of the whole lot of the scumbags? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

On climate change, this brings to mind the Green Council Leader who flew to COP26 from London. Bellend’s been spending the day saying he’s made an “error of judgement”.

Never mind  apologising should resign with immediate effect.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TQR said:

5 hours ago, Redrumours said:

Never mind  apologising should resign with immediate effect.

That's my council leader. I've never seen a photo of him where he doesn't look as if he's enjoying the smell of his own farts. Of course he should resign, but politicians don't do that any more do they?

• Like 1

New board game out in time for Christmas:

69D351A1-2817-45D7-AC79-580DFA0E8C4E.thumb.jpeg.8f8cfde60b287fdaecc8bb837da5d472.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

First page of Matt Hancock’s new book, genuinely called ‘How I Won The Covid War’.

77ECDEAE-4CFF-4371-A738-D8CA6C7A0DF1.thumb.jpeg.9b480a43eeb1732df247e747a396dd45.jpeg

Also, in an exceptionally crowded field, Christopher Chope proves once again he is the biggest cunt in government politics.

• Like 1

There you go, @Ulitzer95!

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Worth noting how many gaps there were in the Tory backbenches for PMQs. If they lose the Old Bexley and Sidcup by-election he's gone right?

Worth noting that Old Bexley is the 296th most at risk Tory majority. Shropshires the 290th. Which is to say, both are safer than an safeway, and if they were even close in the by-election it would be a sign of electoral annihilation on the cards.

Amersham was merely the 186th most at risk. The former too are, iirc, within the top 100 safest seats in the entire Parliament.

• Like 2

Sweden voted in their first female Prime Minister this morning. She’s resigned after about 7 hours.

Nadine Dorries is thicker than a Boxing Day shite.

That was it, really.

• Like 1

Well, old Boris has done it again. Time was diplomacy was engineered behind the scenes in smoke fumed rooms in response to emergencies and crises. Not so for the albino haired fatberg - no, he'll publish a letter to make it seem as though he's in charge of the situation. Remember when he opened his mouth as Foreign Secretary about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe - and all these years later she's still incarcerated.

Seems simple to me - move our fucking embassy to Calais and start deciding who is eligible and who is not and if not, work with the French to deport them off French soil. Additionally, start getting international rights and obligations in place regarding safe routes for claimants and sort the backlog of claims out.

Don't care about labels - common humanity demands actions, not political popularity contests.

(IMO).

• Like 1