Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

30 minutes ago, time said:

They're all at it.

If you had to list the number of MPs I want to see lose their seats at the next election, it would make 1983 and 1997 look like minor non-events by comparison tbh.

The uselessly incompetent and the nakedly corrupt. Or both in Gavin Williamsons case.

• Like 4

And people claim there's no viable alternative.  :facepalm:

(btw that Twitter quote keeps changing when quoted)

Utter toss from Sunak yesterday.

You know the Tories are fucked when the loyal papers have dedicated their front pages to castigating them.

Torygraph: “The Biggest Fall In Living Standards On Record”

Times: Same, but adding that Sunak has “not eased heaviest burden on the British public in postwar era”

Express: “The Forgotten Millions Say - What About Us?”

Daily Fail: “Now Slash Taxes Even Further” - this of course implies that taxes have been slashed, which, typically of the DM, is wrong. He’s promised 1p in the pound off in 2024, conveniently in GE year, when the cost of living crisis is happening NOW. The NI bracket moving has, for more than half of workers, not been enough to counter the 1.25p in the pound increase, which is conveniently not being mentioned. Still, at least there’s no VAT on the green tech that no sod can afford.

Many of us are fucked. I blame Russia, Labour and Remoaners.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Utter toss from Sunak yesterday.

You know the Tories are fucked when the loyal papers have dedicated their front pages to castigating them.

Torygraph: “The Biggest Fall In Living Standards On Record”

Times: Same, but adding that Sunak has “not eased heaviest burden on the British public in postwar era”

Express: “The Forgotten Millions Say - What About Us?”

Daily Fail: “Now Slash Taxes Even Further” - this of course implies that taxes have been slashed, which, typically of the DM, is wrong. He’s promised 1p in the pound off in 2024, conveniently in GE year, when the cost of living crisis is happening NOW. The NI bracket moving has, for more than half of workers, not been enough to counter the 1.25p in the pound increase, which is conveniently not being mentioned. Still, at least there’s no VAT on the green tech that no sod can afford.

Many of us are fucked. I blame Russia, Labour and Remoaners.

Yeah, it's all Jeremy Corbyns fault  for the last 12 yrs.:D

• Haha 1

The Chancellor of the Exchequer literally doesn’t know how to pay for things.

• Like 1

Billionaire Chancellor looks just like a man of the people, filling up his Kia in a Sainsbury’s. Oh wait, except the car belongs to a shop worker.

”Aides, fetch me a peasant carriage”

• Like 1

Good on you, Simon. Vive la révolution! 

D76FD7D3-7ACD-45A6-9CDB-8EB2D64C302E.thumb.jpeg.146e160da537eb66057289d05c35b20f.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

“Keep my wife’s name out your fucking mouth”

283912D7-B274-4E15-B4CB-292E0C3C8050.jpeg.a4e09647e1db0995a16a89ed7d2f16e3.jpeg

(The wife continues to collect her millions in blood money)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PM decided not to ban gay & trans conversion therapy in the UK, then decided after a huge initial backlash that it was harmful and cruel and did eventually ban gay conversion therapy, with a consent loophole.

Conversion therapy is “harmful & cruel”. He said that. He recognised that. And he still refused to protect trans people from it.

• Angry 1

5 hours ago, TQR said:

PM decided not to ban gay & trans conversion therapy in the UK, then decided after a huge initial backlash that it was harmful and cruel and did eventually ban gay conversion therapy, with a consent loophole.

Conversion therapy is “harmful & cruel”. He said that. He recognised that. And he still refused to protect trans people from it.

It really is impressive. The government u-turned twice in 24 hours. That must be a record, even by their standards...

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

It really is impressive. The government u-turned twice in 24 hours. That must be a record, even by their standards...

That's what happens when something's going down the toilet. 

800px-Double-trap_siphonic_WC.svg.png

• Like 2

Dame Margaret Beckett has joined Harriet Harman in announcing that she will retire at the next election.

Which means Diane Abbott will wear the informal title "Mother of the House". Christ. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

In other news, Rishi Sunak has donated £100,000 to his old school, no not Bash Street School,  the very exclusive Winchester College.

What a fucking cunt he is.

• Like 3

Oh God, the PM doesn't know about the grief you get here for just having a VPN. He will never hear the fuckin' end of it @Joey Russ

• Like 1

ADE2A599-B0D4-4CC4-8F0E-26994F0A2A9D.thumb.jpeg.a1c86613aae37e7c85ac164cf4de9ac5.jpeg

• Haha 4

Here’s a snippet from the ministerial code:

AA094C8A-B52A-448C-B9FB-CDD75F5E5C0F.thumb.jpeg.e48256c02c01f86f708880c9d27d3af1.jpeg

What’s the opposite of nominative determinism?

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61027058

Akshata Murthy (Mrs Rishi Sunak) pays £30,000 a year to maintain her non-dom status. This means she did not pay the UK rate of 39.35% on the £11.6m dividend she received from Infosys (her father's company) last year. A quick tap on the calculator tells me her £30,000 payment made her £4,534,600 that would otherwise have gone to the UK treasury (I kindly took the £30,000 payment off her recouped income). Let's be charitable and say she paid the basic rate she'd have to pay in India, which would have cost her £1.16m. In which case, she *only* saved £3,418,600 for herself and the Chancellor of the Exchequer. But either way, the Chancellor's Exchequer is still £4.5m poorer than it should be.

My favourite bit of the article is the final lines:

"In an interview with the Sun newspaper, Mr Sunak said Ms Murty "followed the letter of the law" over taxes.

"To smear my wife to get at me is awful," he added, saying: "And if she was living here and didn't just happen to be married to me, this obviously would not be at all relevant.""

1. One might argue that non-dom status is always relevant when it applies to people living here for an extended period of time (see: Ashcroft, Lord)

2. The fact she's married to the Chancellor of the Exchequer is exactly the fucking thing that makes it relevant Rishi you tone-deaf hypocrite.

• Like 4

Originally posted something I hadn't realised had already been posted. :facepalm:

Instead, here's Eric Pickles (remember him?) letting the mask slip on how important the Grenfell Fire is to Tories, before trying to cover his tracks (presumably after an aide told him it was impossible to spin):

• Like 1

Keeping one eye on the French election.

Macron appears to have a slim lead, but Jean-Luc Mélenchon and Marine Le Pen are there or thereabouts. Le Pen in particular has seen a popularity surge since the Russian invasion of Ukraine, it seems.

But what I’d say to France is this: You’re thinking of electing a mean-spirited, narcissistic, truth-shunning, self-serving, right-wing lunatic who wants to cunt you out the EU, yeah? Look at the shambles across the Channel. That’s how it went.

Macron’s a POS too, mind.

Bonne fucking chance.

• Like 1

Dunno about you lot but I find it really surprising that Sunak and Johnsons Boris and Carrie have broken the law.

They’ve been fined for doing so. Bless them. During the cost of living crisis an’ all. :unsure:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Dunno about you lot but I find it really surprising that Sunak and Johnsons Boris and Carrie have broken the law.

They’ve been fined for doing so. Bless them. During the cost of living crisis an’ all. :unsure:

Looking forward to seeing Rees-Mogg explain how he hasn't lied to Parliament as he didn't realise he was breaking the law while he was breaking the law.

Ukraine Crisis or no Ukraine Crisis, off you go Boris. We'll muddle through with Ben Wallace in charge I'm sure.

• Like 2

I know there's competition, even from his own previous videos but this might be the most beautiful and eloquent 4 minute summation of the shitshow running this country that I've ever heard.

• Like 4