Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

BREAKING: Paul Gascoigne has arrived at the House of Commons with some lagers, a chicken and a fishing rod.

• Haha 6

Two more cabinet dismissals before my previous prediction of payments for the multitude are confirmed.

My MP complained today of having to follow the Tory whip so that he was able to send his letter of no confidence to the 1922 committee. The whips have currently lost their posts. obviously tough decisions.

On a brighter note Premiership football has appeared on Amazon Prime.

There has been an upgrade to the PM robot she has a more assertive voice but still lacks credibility or the ability to comprehend or relate to the loses she has precipitated.

An idea charge them personally and say they can’t be put on expenses. Ask Mr  Smog and we should send her to Victorian debtors prison.

MP denying being manhandled, Coffey saying she didn't manhandle anyone. How long before the CCTV of the voting lobbies and areas around them is leaked? It's in the national interest. Like Hancock and his wandering hands.

Predictions on how much longer this lasts? I'm eating some popcorn across the pond!

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

MP denying being manhandled, Coffey saying she didn't manhandle anyone. How long before the CCTV of the voting lobbies and areas around them is leaked? It's in the national interest. Like Hancock and his wandering hands.

Bryant saying he has pics on his phone and has handed them over to the speaker

• Like 1

Imagine having to tell your mates that you got assaulted by Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It's now being reported that neither the chief whip, nor deputy chief whip have resigned. Letters have been written but not submitted.

D’ya know, what a fucking carry on. 

The Whip and Depute Whip no have not resigned and Truss apparently did vote. 

The Thick of It has nothing on this lot.

• Like 1

The opportunity to go to town on the word fracking seems to have been under utilised eg

What a fracking mess!

They're a fracking disgrace.

Fracking useless bitch.

2E7DB6F9-B09A-4D7E-91CC-4C809E688A42.jpeg.b351c55d43ed93c336bc7d30557feb0e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I bet Charles is thrilled he waited 70 years to rule over this shit show.

The Queen knew….she knew… ;-)

In yet another huge blow to the Prime Minister, she has lost the confidence of da bungalow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

FfdmmblWYAkEYQ6.jpeg

Both Murdoch's main rags, Sun and Times, headlining that Braverman was sacked. But she wasn't...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Both Murdoch's main rags, Sun and Times, headlining that Braverman was sacked. But she wasn't...

She was sacked. She was not given the option to stay. So effectively sacked.

8 hours ago, Windsor said:

She was sacked. She was not given the option to stay. So effectively sacked.

She engineered it.  She has plans.  Vile malevolent snake.

• Like 4

I wonder, can King Charles just refuse to accept the next unelected Tory PM and trigger a general election?

This is kind of one of these big, constitutional crises these above-the-fray heads of state, presidents or monarchs, are supposed to solve.

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I wonder, can King Charles just refuse to accept the next unelected Tory PM and trigger a general election?

This is kind of one of these big, constitutional crises these above-the-fray heads of state, presidents or monarchs, are supposed to solve.

Nope. I thought too. He can refuse a General Election in theory and within obvious parameters (i.e. he couldn't refuse if there's an election due) but he can't force one

• Thanks 1

Watching the commons it is clear with Braverman the likeliest two outcomes will be she either runs for leader or is reinstated by Morduant/Wallace/Sunak as a price for keeping that wing or the party loyal. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

…as a price for keeping that wing or the party loyal. 

This is the problem. The division is such that no compromise can be made; certainly not in a way that they can run as an effective government. They’re past the point of no return. There is no unity, and nothing close to a unity candidate.

I simply do not care which part of the Tory party needs appeased. Which chancer will ascend the highest offices in this country. How sad they all are at their colleagues' treatment at the hands of the whips.

I want them to get on with governing, producing policies and a direction of travel so that people don't (as they always have done) die unnecessarily, freeze, starve or be cheated out of the rewards they were promised by working hard and paying their taxes.

This continual wanking into each other's eyes isn't helping the electorate.

• Like 1

He's not going to shag you Nadine

Screenshot_20221020-115118_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DCI Frank Burnside
Edit: Gooseberry got in ahead of me
  • Haha 2