Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

You see, if we flat out refuse to announce the results, that means we didn't lose!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

UK and France to sign a deal tomorrow regarding the migrant crisis.

Rumours are that the main sticking point being Braverman's plan for squads of robot execution squads has been deleted from the text. :lol:

I just don’t understand…

8 weeks ago, Trussterfuck and Kamikwasi announced £50bn of tax cuts, to the cheers of right wing press & other hard-of-thinking blowhards.

Today Jeremy Cunt, off of the SAME GOVERNMENT, will announce £60bn of tax rises and spending reductions, to the cheers of right wing press and other hard-of-thinking blowhards.

Tories. Get your heads out of your arses for one second, and have a think about what you’re actually cheering for.

Jeremy Hunt just made a slip in responding to a question from Plaid about conequentials, referring to what the English Parliament was doing.

Far from Number 10 being drenched in St George's crosses (remember Boris?), he drapes himself and the Houses of Parliament with them too! 

Lawdy, 12 years of this shite.

Is it just me, or does every time Hunt appears on the tellybox, talking about hard choices, recession, cuts, tax rises, etc., he smiles and smirks his way through it?

After all, he knows where his next meal is coming from.

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Is it just me, or does every time Hunt appears on the tellybox, talking about hard choices, recession, cuts, tax rises, etc., he smiles and smirks his way through it?

After all, he knows where his next meal is coming from.

Yes he certainly does that.He moves his head to the side too  like he is twitching to try and prevent the smile being too big.

• Like 2

Hancock's in the I'm a Celeb final. Further proof this country is absolutely fucked. I wonder if ITV realised that the show is finished if he wins?

23 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Hancock's in the I'm a Celeb final. Further proof this country is absolutely fucked. I wonder if ITV realised that the show is finished if he wins?

The normalisation of tyrants and monsters as loveable contestants on a brain cell losing 'reality' show. Matt Hancock is evil though I'm sure me and some/most other posters on these forums differ as to why he's evil ,let's dodge around the Semantics. The man is a monster and deserves to be in prison.

• Like 1

As the Tories prepare for electoral defeat, Sajid Javid lays out his plans for their lengthy spell in opposition.

• Haha 1

Sajid Javid has obviously purchased been promised a Lords position.

Not sure how the commute will be when he returns to his home planet. ;)

Lots of “insider” admissions regarding the RMT strikes. Bots, or just Grant Shapps’ MPD?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 09/11/2022 at 11:55, Joey Russ said:

I sure love the red wave that everyone is so sure would happen 

Well, with the midterms 'officially' over.

Looks even more ludicrous.

Weasely Cunt probably thinks he can get a job of Good Morning Britain or something.

I hope the incoming Covid inquiry, in the words of Malcolm Tucker, fucks him harder than Ron Jeremy but with less warmth.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Hancock's letter doesn't say he's not standing for parliament at the next election, but that he's not standing for the Conservatives.  He also says no need to restore the whip, so perhaps he's just cutting ties with the Tories!

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Nah doing I'm a Celeb and SAS Who Dares Wins is the big tell that he's trying to set himself up for after MP life

I'd missed the news on SAS WDW. Engaging with the public through the medium of pseudo-reality TV. Manky Matt.

Hearing that Michelle Mone and her husband, off of having £65m of our money, have flown to Honduras. Incidentally Honduras doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the UK.

• Angry 1

(Not Surprised at all) 

1 hour ago, Insane said:

(Not Surprised at all) 

Yeah, she only did that because she knew she had no chance of surviving a democratic primary.  

• Like 1

Could have gone in a poetry thread, but there seem to be several and I didn't know where to start. Anyway, it's current affairs, so here it is. Pam Ayres summing things up beautifully - what a shitshow.

• Like 2

In America they wait 118 congresses for a black man to be nominated speaker, then at least three nominations come at once…

6 hours ago, Windsor said:

In America they wait 118 congresses for a black man to be nominated speaker, then at least three nominations come at once…

You don’t get to establish racial milestones in reverse.  We had a black President.  That’s it, parkour achieved.  

• Like 2