Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I mean to be fair to Sturgeon she’s essentially lived in a flat for the past nine years where her noisy downstairs neighbour keeps setting fire to the block and tells her to piss off when she expresses her disapproval at it. I’d be fucking fed up too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe she’s planning on standing as a Labour candidate for Islington North?

15 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Genuinely shocked at this. Can only assume irreconcilible internal wranglings over indyref2, with maybe a dash of gender reform bitterness.

I wonder if one of the national papers had a wee story they were going to run if she didn't step down.

Plenty of rumours over the years so I wouldn't be surprised.

Watching the BBC coverage. They are all over the place with their reporting ("Labour have a handful of Scottish MPs"...whit?). So nothing leaked prior to the announcement of the announcement.

Long term leaders really aren't the norm - sure, Thatcher and Blair were exceptions, rather than the rule. She's seen off several leaders of the UK, as well as opposition parties in Scotland. And in the most difficult of political times.

Time's up, as with every leader, going on her own terms rather than being forced out by elections or party coups. Move on.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TQR said:

I mean to be fair to Sturgeon she’s essentially lived in a flat for the past nine years where her noisy downstairs neighbour keeps setting fire to the block and tells her to piss off when she expresses her disapproval at it. I’d be fucking fed up too.

Took me a minute of nodding in agreement before I twigged you were talking about the UK, not Alex Salmond! :lol:

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Time's up, as with every leader, going on her own terms rather than being forced out by elections or party coups. Move on.

Police Scotland are due to investigate the missing fundraising 600k in the SNP's accounts.

Jump before you are pushed.

6 minutes ago, Imelda said:

Police Scotland are due to investigate the missing fundraising 600k in the SNP's accounts.

Jump before you are pushed.

Hasn't the investigation been ongoing for some months already?

2 hours ago, time said:

Hasn't the investigation been ongoing for some months already?

Sorry yes that's true - what I should have said was 'formally interview' various SNP types, including her and her husband (he of the 107k 'loan' she apparently knew nothing about).

Type in haste repent even more hastily ;)

• Like 1

Most of the nationalists I know are glad that she has resigned. Particularly the more irrational ones who want independence yesterday by any means possible. 

Can't wait to see which arsehole they pick to regurgitate the same rhetoric we have been hearing for years. 

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Can't wait to see which arsehole they pick to regurgitate the same rhetoric we have been hearing for years.

Are there any more people with fishy names?

10 hours ago, Toast said:

If you look close enough, there’s something fishy about all of them. ;)

Scottish Labour are now just 2pts away from the SNP in polls. New leader probably best prepare their resignation speech.

41 minutes ago, TQR said:

Scottish Labour are now just 2pts away from the SNP in polls. New leader probably best prepare their resignation speech.

This may be why they are backing down from their suggestion that the next General Election be a independence referendum.

It has been suggested that Sturgeon resigned because it was her preferred route to independence but she knew the party wasn’t buying it.

On 16/02/2023 at 01:05, Toast said:

How would you feel about Mairi Gougeon?

Chicken, not fish, mind.

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

How would you feel about Mairi Gougeon?

Chicken, not fish, mind.

It'll do :D It's nearly Gudgeon

image.png.8f27bbf5ebd83ae3ab556708848afb68.png

• Like 2

Damian Green MP has been deselected (sort of... he was fighting for the candidacy in a new constituency that had been created from the new boundary changes).

Pretty brutal but given his controversies over the years and strong support for remain, not entirely a surprise that a conservative association wouldn't want him.

15 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Damian Green MP has been deselected (sort of... he was fighting for the candidacy in a new constituency that had been created from the new boundary changes).

Pretty brutal but given his controversies over the years and strong support for remain, not entirely a surprise that a conservative association wouldn't want him.

The angle I had seen on this was that he had helped offload Boris, so therefore needed to be purged by the true believer members. Formerly big-tent conservatism seems to be shrinking to fit the nutters alone.

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hooray! We can now move goods around within our own country.

Fucking beat that, EU!

Sunak makes a wonderful case for single market access. Imagine if the rest of the UK had that? Sounds like a sound idea to me.

And there it is, at long last, a realisation of reality from a Brexshitter.

• Like 3

What a fucking snake Isabelle Oakeshott is. Her journalism career must be in the toilet, how would anybody trust her with a drinks order, let alone a government secret after this. Brazenly admitting she's broken an NDA because she's "worried the public inquiry will be a whitewash" instead of letting the inquiry do its job and THEN releasing them if it is a whitewash! Instead, the public inquiry is sabotaged before it's even started. The revelations are as gruesome as we'd expect (no regard for care homes, Boris doesn't understand basic maths, the Education Secretaries past and present hate teachers unions) but without context and proper scrutiny, it's just a free-for-all and a chance for Oakeshott to get her face on the news. What a pillock Hancock is. What did he think was going to happen?!

Banging comeback album from Sue Gray.

• Like 2

On 02/03/2023 at 00:22, RoverAndOut said:

What a fucking snake Isabelle Oakeshott is. Her journalism career must be in the toilet, how would anybody trust her with a drinks order, let alone a government secret after this. Brazenly admitting she's broken an NDA because she's "worried the public inquiry will be a whitewash" instead of letting the inquiry do its job and THEN releasing them if it is a whitewash! Instead, the public inquiry is sabotaged before it's even started. The revelations are as gruesome as we'd expect (no regard for care homes, Boris doesn't understand basic maths, the Education Secretaries past and present hate teachers unions) but without context and proper scrutiny, it's just a free-for-all and a chance for Oakeshott to get her face on the news. What a pillock Hancock is. What did he think was going to happen?!

Maybe that's what the intention was all along?

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 12:48, TQR said:

Banging comeback album from Sue Gray.

Speaking of leaked WhatsApp messages, it's not often I say "I agree with Jackie Doyle-Price" but... I agree with Jackie Doyle-Price. Cue Mad Nad in full shriek mode on the final page. :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1632789572235952129

Security Risk Suella introduces a bill to outlaw the asylum system.

As Britain slowly goes down the tubes, they have reached for the demonisation of black and brown faces. A problem they made and are trying to fix by burning Britain's reputation for abiding by International Law and fairness and respect for human life.

When will this bunch of cunts call an election? Quite clearly incompetent and trashing Britain.

• Like 2