Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

12 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Security Risk Suella introduces a bill to outlaw the asylum system.

As Britain slowly goes down the tubes, they have reached for the demonisation of black and brown faces. A problem they made and are trying to fix by burning Britain's reputation for abiding by International Law and fairness and respect for human life.

When will this bunch of cunts call an election? Quite clearly incompetent and trashing Britain.

I've come to the conclusion that there will never be another election.  We are frogs slowly being boiled.

• Like 2

Gary Lineker tweeted this of Sue-Ellen Braverman’s disgusting policy:

In response to getting compared to Nazis, the Tories are now calling for him to be silenced and sacked, which doesn’t exactly do much to prove the comparison wrong.

It’s nigh on impossible to be optimistic in these times but they will be kicked out eventually. 

• Like 1

41563280-EE88-4C03-9E7D-8394C37E2EE6.thumb.png.c8641d05dca1df50d3dc3b5e9e5ed5ed.png

From the same paper that brought you this:

194FB8D8-F767-43C6-A304-88E79A4EFEAD.thumb.jpeg.3861b5cd4449d2c8896dcf39658e58b9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Id have more respect for Braverman if she said she supported what the email said rather than claiming she didn’t see it before  was sent out in her name 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Id have more respect for Braverman if she said she supported what the email said rather than claiming she didn’t see it before  was sent out in her name 

For what has she earned your respect otherwise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, TQR said:

"My dad was this tall and he came from over there!"

Some things never change.

Cold War Steve making masterpieces again:

52522213-61F6-485B-A603-0CBE3A2406F7.jpeg.78fe8ae1c7952cd0c26a6f40425f23b3.jpeg

• Like 2

Perfect question from the member for Eltham, pathetic answer from the CMS Secretary.

• Like 1

My feeling about the Stop the Boats campaign is that the Tories do not expect to be able to do it but want to portray Labour as being 'weak' in this area particularly with Red Wall voters. I think it is a damage limitation exercise with respect to the GE and a Long Game to hang it round the neck of the next Government

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My feeling about the Stop the Boats campaign is that the Tories do not expect to be able to do it but want to portray Labour as being 'weak' in this area particularly with Red Wall voters. I think it is a damage limitation exercise with respect to the GE and a Long Game to hang it round the neck of the next Government

Yep, completely. And not only are they not able to do what they’re saying they can, they don’t want to. It’s not in their interests; they need stories like an “invasion of migrant boats” to rile the perpetually angry, hard-of-thinking Daily Mail readers of the country, many of whom can be found in the Red Wall unfortunately. Anyone with half a brain, which obviously excludes most of the angry racists who just want to “send em back”, can see that this is all a problem of their own creation and they can’t solve it.

• Like 1

Security Risk Suella quotes Lineker as diminishing the unspeakable tragedy of the Holocaust.

While dreaming of Rwanda flights and rubbing her hands in glee at any drowning which means one less human being to process through the Home Office, I'd imagine.

That scumbag. Yeah, she can say the word "compassion" all she likes. And I'll call her for what she is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Staggeringly hypocritical article on the BBC website pretending that the BBC is politically impartial.

Gary Lineker: Why his comments present a problem for the BBC

"The News Agents presenter and former BBC journalist Emily Maitlis said it was "curious that Gary Lineker [was] free to raise questions about Qatar's human rights record - with the blessing of the BBC - over the World Cup, but cannot raise questions of human rights in this country if it involves criticism of government policy".

However, this is arguably a false equivalence. Voicing an opinion on a government policy about migrant crossings, a divisive subject, is not the same thing as highlighting well-documented human rights breaches in Qatar, something which is a matter of fact."

This is the bit I don't understand. Presumably it means if he'd kept his tweet to the bit about us taking in less refugees than most major European countries, that would have been fine as it was fact? And if he'd talked about the horrendous conditions in the Manston Migrant Centre that would have been fine, as it is "well-documented"? I suspect the answer, in both cases, is no. So it's all a nonsense.

The tories government and policies have gone far beyond tragic and only in a work of fiction the slow and painful fall of national politics could be seen as comical. UK citizens can't pay their bills, MP's and ministers show of their plain incompetence and mismanagement of essential topics and the main focus of the government and BBC seems to be to silence any form of critisism while plunging the country in new problems which will take their successors decades to solve.

I know governing isn't easy and international developments like the Russian invasion of Ukraine could not have been forseen, but at this point the government is failing at essential responsibilties like taking care of its citizens and protecting basic human rights.

Mind you, it's not something limited to the UK. While it's not just as bad, I could make largely the same rant about the Dutch government and political fragmentation in recent years.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Assuming he stands by his principles, I suspect Gary Lineker has presented his last edition of Match of the Day. It pains me to say the right-wing press have successfully demolished the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557

The reporting is that Lineker stands by what he said and he's been taken off air, not agreed to step back.

Security Risk Suella and the rest of her crew have scored an own goal here - yer man in the street loves our Gary. Wonder how many votes that will cost them?

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The reporting is that Lineker stands by what he said and he's been taken off air, not agreed to step back.

Security Risk Suella and the rest of her crew have scored an own goal here - yer man in the street loves our Gary. Wonder how many votes that will cost them?

For all the contrarians who will no doubt jump out on social media, ain't no politician winning a popularity contest with a World Cup "hero" or David fucking Attenborough.

And if you don't like being compared to authoritarian fuckwit governments of history, immediately cracking down on dissent is a bad way to disassociate yourself with it!

Also this happened yesterday:

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

- Lineker has been taken off air for a pretty mild-mannered and considered tweet from his personal account

- An Attenborough episode on rewilding is not being aired on TV for fear of upsetting Tories

- The chairman who secured Boris Johnson an £800k loan and then mysteriously got appointed is still there

- Question Time still hosted by the wife of a major Tory party donor, and still demonstrably gives around 4-5x more air time and bookings to right-wing people

- Laura Kuenssberg still hosts the Sunday politics show

This is North Korean.

• Thanks 1

Ian Wright steps back from MOTD in solidarity with Gary.

They might not get a show on, unless they can persuade Dominic Raab to step in. :lol:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Assuming he stands by his principles, I suspect Gary Lineker has presented his last edition of Match of the Day. It pains me to say the right-wing press have successfully demolished the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557

Given his (unjustifiable) super-sized salary and apparent unwillingness to toe the BBC impartiality line, seems like a good opportunity to find a better replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Wonder what Des is up to? :lol:

• Haha 1

Also, Ian Wright is a fucking legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's one presenter who probably won't be stepping in!

• Like 1