Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

27 minutes ago, Imelda said:

Given his (unjustifiable) super-sized salary and apparent unwillingness to toe the BBC impartiality line, seems like a good opportunity to find a better replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Wonder what Des is up to? :lol:

It has frequently been said that Lineker could earn more at a rival broadcast ( remember that Jeff Stelling has been trying to retire for two years) we only know what he is paid because he works for the BBC. As soon as he goes the same voices will be saying that the BBC cannot attract quality talent. 

This is pure distraction. The question should be Why is the current Tory party so vile?

• Like 5

As long as he’s off screen he is entitled to say what he wants in any given topic.

There is a great impartiality problem with the BBC where now they have to give legitimacy to idiotic viewpoints. Just for the sake of impartiality. Scottish Independence for example…

Alan Shearer too:

Good to see this solidarity. I hope the revolt goes further than just MOTD. The BBC can be and needs to be better than this.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Ian Wright steps back from MOTD in solidarity with Gary.

They might not get a show on, unless they can persuade Dominic Raab to step in. :lol:

Shearer too

• Like 1

The fact that the news sources with an aura of "esteem" are peddling this cultist bullshit is far more infuriating than the tabloid rags doing the same. US has this shit too with NYT et al giving credence to dangerous propaganda, rather than it just being restrained to the Fox aegis. Not to say both aren't extremely harmful, just that the ones with a veneer of "prestige" doing this are especially so.

1 hour ago, time said:

Shearer too

Hopefully Tub of Lard will make a comeback to replace Shearer. And Packet of Salt n Lineker Crisps to make a presenting debut.

Talking of HIGNFY, would Hislop or Merton have been allowed to do the Tories are Nazis stuff as they work for Hattrick, even though the BBC airs the show? Or would the lawyers have nixed that?

1 hour ago, time said:

Shearer too

:clivedunn:

I could understand it to some degree if he was a political presenter, but he's a sports presenter FFS!  It's not as if he said it on air, and frankly he didn't say anything that wasn't true.

This is getting frightening.  I despair. 

• Like 4

No such rules for Lord Sugar though, who is currently the star of a major BBC weekly show on prime time BBC1... :rolleyes:

Can you believe these fuckers? Pour the petrol, light the match, then pretend you're shocked there's a backlash. Government distancing themselves and then this bullshit :evil::

Fq4q2b9X0AAq8tf.jpeg.jpg

It’s happening with no studio presenters or pundits after everyone said no. Love to see it.

On 08/03/2023 at 10:16, TQR said:

41563280-EE88-4C03-9E7D-8394C37E2EE6.thumb.png.c8641d05dca1df50d3dc3b5e9e5ed5ed.png

From the same paper that brought you this:

194FB8D8-F767-43C6-A304-88E79A4EFEAD.thumb.jpeg.3861b5cd4449d2c8896dcf39658e58b9.jpeg

Pretty funny because viscount rothermeres son ended up banging and marrying a Korean woman.

Now suggestions that PL players will refuse to give interviews to the BBC in solidarity with Gary Lineker, with the PFA prepared to support players fined.

Screenshot_20230310-221407_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TQR said:

:clivedunn:

In my defence, I was I was on a bus, using my phone, which isn't the easiest thing to do.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

It’s happening with no studio presenters or pundits after everyone said no. Love to see it.

I'm looking forward to something like this

So...let's see...that's...no presenter, no pundits, no player interviews and no commentators! Good job BBC bosses! What an absolute clusterfuck. :facepalm:

Screenshot_20230310-235105_Samsung Internet.jpg

MOTD is going to be a shit show tomorrow. 

I’m going to show my support by not watching it, just like every other week. “And that’s four runs for Sheffield Athletic” will not be heard in my residence, oh no sir!

The last time the masses smelled football-related bullshit, they got the European Super League called off within a week.

• Like 2

Alex Scott not presenting Football Focus

nor Jason Mohammed Final Score

• Like 1

This will stretch beyond football before long. Fantastic.

• Like 1

Michael Fabricant, he of the "that's definitely his real hair" Tory brigade, weighs in: 

Bring back some decency to public life you charlatan. 

• Like 1

Of course Lord Reith himself harboured pro-fascist views, expressing admiration for Hitler, Mussolini and the Nazis.

I wonder if this is what Fabricant meant?

Now Nigel Farage sticks the boot in:

Maybe he should look back at his own pronouncements on foreigners and consider just how close his language came to 1930s Germany.

• Like 2