Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Due to the French striking my parents overnight ferry to France has been cancelled and moved to the next day. They are still unsure if it's going ahead tomorrow despite it being confirmed. They cancelled it with less than 48 hours notice so you can imagine the chaos at ferry ports.

• Like 1

The Narcissist’s Prayer - Dayna Craig. It’s an illustration of the way the mind of a narcissist works. It goes as follows:

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did, you deserved it.

I’d heard this before, but what I hadn’t realised until LBC’s James O’Brien did as he was going through the Honking Pudding’s defence is now perfectly it fits the disgraced former PM.

• Like 4

What a time to be alive!

6F556AAC-F45A-4D63-96FD-B4D6B39E3A56.jpeg

• Like 1

The push for Scottish independence would’ve been completely and utterly dead and buried had Forbes or the other one won, but now thanks to Humza Yousaf it’s just dead.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TQR said:

The push for Scottish independence would’ve been completely and utterly dead and buried had Forbes or the other one won, but now thanks to Humza Yousaf it’s just dead.

On the UK index of ministers, he is the Scottish equivalent of Chris Grayling.  

37 minutes ago, Windsor said:

On the UK index of ministers, he is the Scottish equivalent of Chris Grayling.  

18 hours ago, TQR said:

Chris Grayling is Conservative right ? So you think that Scottish independantists won’t carry on the « push » because of his conservatism ? Or « because » he is a Muslim ?

Sorry for my ignorance, I don’t quite follow Scottish politics 

1 minute ago, Sinbabad said:

Chris Grayling is Conservative right ? So you think that Scottish independantists won’t carry on the « push » because of his conservatism ? Or « because » he is a Muslim ?

Sorry for my ignorance, I don’t quite follow Scottish politics 

I can’t speak for Windsor but I’m assuming he’s driving at the fact that Grayling is universally fucking useless.

My point was that so many people voted SNP for Nicola Sturgeon; like her or hate her, she had clout, she sold the idea of independence very effectively and became synonymous with it. As for Yousaf…fuck knows, but I’ll bet public support for independence dwindles, at least for the next few years.

• Thanks 1

I've actually met Humza, when he was Transport Minister. Confident, personable, fairly slick. I have no real sense of how good he'll be as FM, but he was the best of a very uninspiring bunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good ole Private Eye.

0A725CD2-B5F9-45EE-9EA3-046DB5591D4D.thumb.jpeg.a0c2d924ea5db63c0ba4f5fb04f2daeb.jpeg

• Like 4

Well ..... just look at her laughing and smirking during Yvette Cooper's furious speech.

Ex-SNP MP Margaret Ferrier broke Covid rules a couple of years ago, was fined by the police for doing so and now faces a 30-day Commons suspension and probably a by-election. Great. So the same should happen to Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak, shouldn’t it?

• Like 1

Week after week, Scottish First Minister's Questions have been disrupted by protesters.

They've had enough and are clearing the public gallery. Huge delays on Yousef's first day.

• Like 1

Nicola Sturgeon’s husband and, until recently, chief executive of the SNP Peter Murrell has been arrested in a probe into their finances.

Oof. Poor Humza Yousaf.

• Shocked 1

Scott Benton loses the Tory Whip for trying to get cash to lobby Ministers in a sting.

Probably one of the most utter toadies to the Government Benches I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Scott Benton loses the Tory Whip for trying to get cash to lobby Ministers in a sting.

Probably one of the most utter toadies to the Government Benches I have ever seen. 

Dunno whether to laugh or laugh harder....

• Like 1

Scott Benton can normally be found in a ‘Who can say the cuntiest thing this week?’ competition with Wrongathan Gullis and Lee Anderthal and Cruella Depraverman and Brendan Something-Silly. Congratulations to him!

13 hours ago, TQR said:

Nicola Sturgeon’s husband and, until recently, chief executive of the SNP Peter Murrell has been arrested in a probe into their finances.

Oof. Poor Humza Yousaf.

Was released without charge.

Maybe I'm cynical, but I find it VERY INTERESTING that such a spectacle was made of his arrest. On ITV News it was juxtaposed with Trump's arrest, which has created its own media frenzy, but it's Trump and all publicity is good publicity for him. Sturgeon's husband – arguably not on the same level. You'd have thought there was a body in their garden judging by the forensic tent and police presence. And they had overhead shots. Shades of Cliff Richard.

Was amused to learn that I've unknowingly jogged past their house before.

• Like 4

Confused about why the cops are digging up Nicola Sturgeon's back garden.    

Although...there was something about the SNP missing 30,000 members. :sherlock:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Confused about why the cops are digging up Nicola Sturgeon's back garden.    

Although...there was something about the SNP missing 30,000 members. :sherlock:

I'm also curious to know where the 30,000 members went. I just don't think he could stuff that many into a Peugeot 208 :scratchhead:

Govt announcing one million free vaping kits to get people off cigarettes.

Which Tory MP has a stake in or a mate who owns a vape manufacturer then?

• Like 1

The SNP’s auditors quit several months ago. And Humza Yousaf only learned of this when he won the recent leadership election.

They are not in good shape.

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Govt announcing one million free vaping kits to get people off cigarettes.

Which Tory MP has a stake in or a mate who owns a vape manufacturer then?

Yeah, because it's such a good idea to overcome one addiction by gaining another.

• Like 2

A local conservative candidate of near where I live has been found out to be the former deputy of Britain First Andrew McBride.

Bracknell members on Facebook were so enraged the admin of We Love Bracknell contacted the Conservative Party. There's a lot of discourse on my Facebook feed right now. The result of the uproar is that while it's too late to remove his candidacy, Conservatives have annouced that if elected his Tory whip will be removed.

Fishy Rishi is facing a declarations of interest inquiry over his wife having shares in a childcare firm set to benefit from recent budget announcements.

• Like 1