Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I don't care either way about trans rights. Or indeed women's rights. As I am neither. Seems to me anything that makes people's lives better should be applauded - progress, you know. And apparently there has been a lot of shite talked about the legislation. Shite I expect the Scottish Secretary to repeat today. It's certainly the wrong thing and the wrong time to pick a fight with Holyrood over I think.

What caught my eye more importantly was serial moron and misnomered (probably not a word, but then neither was selfie years ago) James Cleverly and his breathtaking statement on the hanging of a British spy in Iran.

“This was a callous and cowardly act, carried out by a barbaric regime with no respect for the human rights of their own people."

I'm not for the death penalty for spying. Let's think about the various acts of what I'd describe as callous and with no regard for the human right to life by our esteemed Government:

• Failing to provide adequate equipment to our forces in Afghanistan, with deaths ensuing of our soldiers.
  • Benefits sanctions regime which led to the starvation and death of many sick and disabled people.
  • Windrush, leading to the deaths of British citizens in a foreign country with which they had no connection.
  • Consequences of Grenfell - they're still arguing over this?
  • Failing to adequately confront the coming of COVID, an initial response of herd immunity and "let the bodies pile high".
  • Failing to properly confront the Taliban taking back Afghanistan, leading to the executions of Afghanis who assisted us in the war there.
  • Allowing the NHS to crumble, with the high waiting lists and inability to even see a GP for weeks - the coming storm of deaths due to undiagnosed conditions.
  • Failing to even discuss terms with doctors' and nurses'  and ambulance drivers' unions, leading to strikes and putting people's lives at risk.

We are supposed to care that Boris' mate's animals are safe and some double agent acting on behalf of these fuckers has been caught and hanged.

*shrug* I think I know who is callous.

• Like 1

You left out the insidiously gradual removal of the human rights of their own people, i.e. us.

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

You left out the insidiously gradual removal of the human rights of their own people, i.e. us.

Feel free to add things, the list wasn't exhaustive.

Just a taste of the way more ordinary people die under the Conservatives.

• Like 1

Disgraceful behaviour. I wonder who they're talking about. 2 FPNs in 2 years for the PM!

• Like 1

I mean, I despise the absolute living fuck out of Rishi Sunak, but I’m struggling to care about this particular offence when you’ve got people like 30p Lee doxxing a young staffer of his to prove a particularly virulent and dangerously stupid point he was trying to make about budgeting, or Nadhim Zahawi lying about his tax affairs and attempting to defraud the exchequer of around £4m.

It is a sad day, mind, when the PM breaking the law and getting a fixed penalty is no longer a rare occurrence.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TQR said:

I mean, I despise the absolute living fuck out of Rishi Sunak, but I’m struggling to care about this particular offence when you’ve got people like 30p Lee doxxing a young staffer of his to prove a particularly virulent and dangerously stupid point he was trying to make about budgeting, or Nadhim Zahawi lying about his tax affairs and attempting to defraud the exchequer of around £4m.

It is a sad day, mind, when the PM breaking the law and getting a fixed penalty is no longer a rare occurrence.

Don't get me wrong, there is something perverse about RIshi Sunak being fined for breaking the law for making a video with no seatbelt when so many of them are up to no good without challenge. But it is symptomatic of the malaise at the top of government right now.

• Like 2

Nadhim Zahawi has come clean about his tax evasion: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64360260

Careless cos he he got caught? Careless that he didn't arrange it to bring it in the scope of tax avoidance? Careless that he couldn't care less about the effect on the Exchequer? For twenty plus years?

One man doesn't pay a 4 million pound bill. Just one man. One man part of a Government who says there's not enough money to pay nurses and ambulance drivers a decent wage. Multiply that by all the other tax avoiders/evaders and ask yourself - why am I freezing this winter? Will an ambulance come for me if I have a heart attack or stroke? Why is my food bill up 115%?

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

56 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Nadhim Zahawi has come clean about his tax evasion: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64360260

Careless cos he he got caught? Careless that he didn't arrange it to bring it in the scope of tax avoidance? Careless that he couldn't care less about the effect on the Exchequer? For twenty plus years?

One man doesn't pay a 4 million pound bill. Just one man. One man part of a Government who says there's not enough money to pay nurses and ambulance drivers a decent wage. Multiply that by all the other tax avoiders/evaders and ask yourself - why am I freezing this winter? Will an ambulance come for me if I have a heart attack or stroke? Why is my food bill up 115%?

I've got a suggestion for warming us all up

872848264_burnthemall.gif.a8b9c240e94846c18eca2e10970db90b.gif

• Haha 2

On 16/01/2023 at 19:56, Windsor said:

It will clearly become the new big issue to get independence as Westminster have acted against the will of the Scottish people. 

Expect to hear a lot of the membership of the SNP, who were against the Bill, be outraged at Westminster blocking it when only a month ago they were outraged that it was passed. 

Sadly most Scots these days live to be offended or hard done by. It’s a pastime. 

As predicted…

A couple of days ago I spoke to a friend who is a member of the Alba party. Before Christmas she was absolutely against the Gender Recognition Bill. It was an assault in women’s rights that had been hard fought for blah blah blah…

As usual she brought up politics. Generally bashing Westminster, and so I said that she must have been conflicted about the Tory government blocking the bill she despised. 

Well.

She informs me that the Bill wasn’t as bad as it was made out to be. It was pretty standard stuff ti bring us into line with the rest of Europe. As for Westminster they want to close Holyrood and by blocking this reasonable bill it’s them dipping their toe in the water. If they get away with it they will keep doing it. 

It’s worrying how easily some people are manipulated by propaganda. 

1FEE4C26-8BB5-497B-86BF-4862AABED068.thumb.jpeg.e351c519a3bf1c4c3de33bca5d31cef5.jpeg

As it turns out, the reason why Boris Johnson has so many kids is that he can’t afford condoms.

I think it's important to recognise how laudable the PM has been recently.

He's appointed his appointee as Ethics Advisor (a Baronet and CBE) to look into his appointee as Chairman of the Tory Party as regards the tax issue for the Rt Hon Member for Stratford Upon Avon.

Of course the matter of his predecessor but one's appointee as Chair of the BBC who was also the PM's former boss at Goldman Sachs, who brokered meetings on behalf of Johnson to arrange loans, is not a matter for him or his appointees however.

Not quite sure why the Tory party, which keeps creating the sewage of news about its elected members, keeps seemingly making the shit it produces larger and more solid for its opponents to throw back at it.

Sickened by it all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I think it's important to recognise how loathsome the PM has been.

FTFY

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

FTFY

I left it to the reader to detect the sarcasm, but either will do. :P

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I left it to the reader to detect the sarcasm, but either will do. :P

Just checking. I’m so angry at the fucker I even find sarcasm difficult as far as he’s concerned. I hate him like Jeremy Clarkson hates Meghan Markle.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Just checking. I’m so angry at the fucker I even find sarcasm difficult as far as he’s concerned. I hate him like Jeremy Clarkson hates Meghan Markle.

I'm sure none of us want to see him do the Cersei Lannister walk though. 

That's not to say it shouldn't be done, just that we wouldn't want to see.

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

This government  does have a very end of days -John Major 1994-1997 feel to it.

Fucking hell, another four years of them? :o

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Fucking hell, another four years of them? :o

Well this is properly 1996 equivalent  so next year could be quite eventful..?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well this is properly 1996 equivalent  so next year could be quite eventful..?

If only.  They will do something underhand to prevent a general election.  They just do what they like now.

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

If only.  They will do something underhand to prevent a general election.  They just do what they like now.

An outbreak  of foot n mouth disease - that postponed the 2001 election if I recall correctly?

I didn’t know where to post this but it was too good not to let you know. 

Obviously we are in the middle of the Trans debate in Scotland at the moment, but it’s being reported that in a secondary school in Banff (half an hour away from me) there are three pupils who identify as cat.

They made demands for litter trays and when these demands were not met, at least one of them shit on the floor in protest. :D

Make of that what you will...

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Hancock announced he was giving £10,000 of his I'm a Celeb fee to charity. How fucking generous of him. It turns out the sleazy bastard was paid £320,000 to appear. How him and Gina will manage with just £310,000 I can't imagine. :evil:

Oh, and the blond buffoon's secured a half a million advance for his memoirs of how he royally screwed the entire country. That should see him through a month's spending.

Details: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64421025

9 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Hancock announced he was giving £10,000 of his I'm a Celeb fee to charity. How fucking generous of him. It turns out the sleazy bastard was paid £320,000 to appear. How him and Gina will manage with just £310,000 I can't imagine. :evil:

Oh, and the blond buffoon's secured a half a million advance for his memoirs of how he royally screwed the entire country. That should see him through a month's spending.

Details: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64421025

Jealousy is a terrible thing, Innit!

• Like 1