Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Well, if there is an October election, days is technically more accurate than years... B)

24 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Corbyn saying he could be PM within days.Delusional.No way he can get a coalition together.

He didn't say that if this is the same article I read, just that he's obviously going to try and vote down the Queens speech.

The last three elections have seen an MP from the previous parliament die within a month of the election. Patsy Calton in 2005, Rudi Vis in 2010, and (sadly) Charlie Kennedy in 2015.  Uxbridge MP Michael Shersby survived the Labour landslide in 1997, but didn't survive a heart attack one week later. Can't mind anyone from 2001 to complete this cycle: think there was one, but my mind goes blank. Wonder if 2017 will continue this trend.

Theresa May redefining incompetent by releasing a Downing Street statement saying a deal had been reached with a DUP only for the DUP to turn round and say later the same day no deal had been reached.

9 hours ago, Deathray said:

He didn't say that if this is the same article I read, just that he's obviously going to try and vote down the Queens speech.

Corbyn for President Prime Minister!!!I 

Come on, lets give him a go, im feeling nostalgic for the 1970s.

Maybe we can get some classic bands to reform and Vauxhalls Luton plant to start making Victor FEs again.

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Corbyn for President Prime Minister!!!I 

Come on, lets give him a go, im feeling nostalgic for the 1970s.

Maybe we can get some classic bands to reform and Vauxhalls Luton plant to start making Victor FEs again.

:)

And you can relive your 40s :D

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

And you can relive your 40s :D

Again????

No thanks! :D

12 hours ago, msc said:

The last three elections have seen an MP from the previous parliament die within a month of the election. Patsy Calton in 2005, Rudi Vis in 2010, and (sadly) Charlie Kennedy in 2015.  Uxbridge MP Michael Shersby survived the Labour landslide in 1997, but didn't survive a heart attack one week later. Can't mind anyone from 2001 to complete this cycle: think there was one, but my mind goes blank. Wonder if 2017 will continue this trend.

Ipswich MP Jamie Cann died in October 2001...

13 hours ago, msc said:

Dave Anderson Graham Allen and Karen Lumley all cited ill health as reasons for them stepping down so would be the best bets.Of course Winnick lost his seat and is nearly 84 and Sir Alan Haselhurst stood down very suddenly after saying he wouldn`t and he is 80 in a short while too.

I know this thread is very U.K. politics based, and I don't want to start a thread just focused on US Politics, so I want to try to bring a very thing that happened the same day as the U.K. snap election, the testimony of James Comey. It's really hinted to a lot of people that Trump is really a liar, and really a much different person than other presidents in the past (both democratic and republican). It also notes that Trump tried to lightly pressure director Comey to hold off the investigation. Now, is that enough for the impeachment of Trump, as many far left people are saying? Absolutely not. In fact, I think I can safely say that he won't get impeached for at least six months, and that's likely to be much longer than that. I think Trump will eventually resign or get impeached, when there are enough clear signs and conclusions that Trump did in fact commit obstruction of justice, but that won't happen for a long while yet. Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? (PS, if an admin decides that there should be a thread that is just focused on American politics, then by all means, they can make the thread).

If Trump gives evidence under oath contrary to Comey, and the Committee decide he has perjured himself, he is as they say fucked.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

If Trump gives evidence under oath contrary to Comey, and the Committee decide he has perjured himself, he is as they say fucked.

Yeah, but while did say that he would give his account, the question is will he actually testify. I'm not a hundred percent sure if that'll happen or not.

32 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Assuming Trump is the genuine Narcissistic Personality Disorder case people say (and he looks like); you could rig him up to a lie detector during that evidence on oath and he'd register as telling the truth despite - probably - contradicting things he said last year!

Ah who giv s a fuck my wages won't change the price of beer won't change and I won't get any more anal so does it really matter! 

• Like 1

It only gets worse from here Lard.

43 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Ah who giv s a fuck my wages won't change the price of beer won't change and I won't get any more anal so does it really matter! 

I was saying the same only yesterday. :D

54 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Well .... the first will eventually go up, but not as fast as the second will go up, and as for the third I couldn't possibly comment.

• Like 2

May says her cabinet "re-shuffle" reflects the breadth and depth of talent in the Conservative party.

By re-appointing everyone with minor switches? Not a backbencher promoted at all? Michael Gove a previous minister?

So there's apparently little talent amongst the 318. More mis-steps in those fancy shoes, wheathead....

• Like 1

Continuing to gradually work through old election night broadcasts (living the high life :lol:) and noticed that they used to read the result out to a crowd of people outside the counting hall. Why did that stop? Just the advance of television?

Less town halls used nowadays?

There's a famous outdoors one in 92.

If you think our parliaments a shitshow.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 14:12, YoungWillz said:

Let's apply The Sun's bullet tests to Tezza, shall we?

1. Terrorists' Friend. Yep, they seem to be getting away with murder under her watch.

What say The Sun now that Tezza doubles down with Irish Unionist terrorism?