Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, im actually going to agree with you!!!

A worlds first!!!!!

Let's not make a habit of this...

One of the attractions to Eastern Europe when 'Democracy' hit, was access to the Western way of Life.

Looks like the big brands have been shafting them for 25 years.

Same packaging, lower quality foodstuffs, and quite often dearer.

Sausages made with 80% ham in Germany = 60% reformed chicken in Czech republic etc

What was sold as Democracy and its benefits.....big. Fat. Fib.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/hea...ises-eyebrows/

2 hours ago, charon said:

One of the attractions to Eastern Europe when 'Democracy' hit, was access to the Western way of Life.

Sausages made with 80% ham in Germany = 60% reformed chicken in Czech republic etc

Yes BUT they no longer have to join a mile long queue to get it .

Reminds me of that bit in The Simpsons when they bring back Spinal Tap:

"I don't think anyone has benefited as much from the fall of Communism as us."

"What about the people who actually lived in the Communist countries?"

"Oh yeah. Never thought about that."

:D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, charon said:

This was a joke after the end of the Cold War:

Two old Russian men, Sergei and Ivan, are sitting on a bench in Gorky Park. Ivan is crying.  Sergei asks, "Why are you crying, Ivan?"

Ivan replies, "Oh, Sergei, because I have realized everything the Soviet Government ever told us about communism was a lie!"

Suddenly, Sergei starts crying too.  Ivan asks, "Now, why are you crying, Sergei?"

"Because I have realised that everything the Soviet Government ever told us about capitalism was true!"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

This was a joke after the end of the Cold War:

Two old Russian men, Sergei and Ivan, are sitting on a bench in Gorky Park. Ivan is crying.  Sergei asks, "Why are you crying, Ivan?"

Ivan replies, "Oh, Sergei, because I have realized everything the Soviet Government ever told us about communism was a lie!"

Suddenly, Sergei starts crying too.  Ivan asks, "Now, why are you crying, Sergei?"

"Because I have realised that everything the Soviet Government ever told us about capitalism was true!"

Im sure that is hysterically funny when told in Russian or summat.

10 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Im sure that is hysterically funny when told in Russian or summat.

I'm sure that Russians have better senses of humour than whinging Poms.

3 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I'm sure that Russians have better senses of humour than whinging Poms.

Ha, you could hide your Aussie contempt for the Poms no more. :D

@Davey Jones' Locker - a fan of Shaun Micallef? He was on Paramount back in the day, funny as hell. I brought him up as a conversation starter with an Ozzie at uni... never heard of him. Bah.

He does political humour so ON TOPIC. B)

2018 Queens Speech cancelled.

This of course is all about Brexit and a period of stability and nothing to do with the Tories not wanting to face the possibility of losing it.

16 minutes ago, Deathray said:

2018 Queens Speech cancelled.

This of course is all about Brexit and a period of stability and nothing to do with the Tories not wanting to face the possibility of losing it.

How much more contempt for the voters does this Government have to demonstrate?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

How much more contempt for the voters does this Government have to demonstrate?

They voted the wrong way. They were meant to give a big mandate...

• Like 1

Contempt for voters YW? Contempt???? Maybe contempt also covers Corbyn turning up with a full film crew to show his sorrow. Maybe contempt covers the Labour boy organising a march to the council offices DEMANDING answers. At 5pm on a Friday. Perfect time for the evening News. Cunt. I've hated the Tories with every fibre of my being since the 70s, and indeed, chip the odd score into the tins since then to fund bombs/bullets to see them fucked. Even then, I'd rather the Tories in England's box seat than the traitorous Labour Cunts. That will never be forgotyon or forgiven.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, charon said:

Contempt for voters YW? Contempt???? Maybe contempt also covers Corbyn turning up with a full film crew to show his sorrow. Maybe contempt covers the Labour boy organising a march to the council offices DEMANDING answers. At 5pm on a Friday. Perfect time for the evening News. Cunt. I've hated the Tories with every fibre of my being since the 70s, and indeed, chip the odd score into the tins since then to fund bombs/bullets to see them fucked. Even then, I'd rather the Tories in England's box seat than the traitorous Labour Cunts. That will never be forgotyon or forgiven.

Oh I'm not restricting contempt to the Tories, as I've said before they are in power so they get the hardest kicking. ;)

I do remember the utter contempt Labour had for devolution in the 1970s, the utter contempt when Labour MPs went down to London having taken Scottish votes for granted for decades, the sheer contempt of Jack McConnell in the Scottish Parliament forcing through Blair's unwanted agenda, Smug Jim Murphy, etc etc etc should I go on?

My mates who are not Tories are quite glad they got back in on a reduced majority. It is they who will carry the can for the horrendous Brexit agenda whatever that is or will be, they who will carry the can for all the black holes in their proposed economic plan, they who will ultimately carry the can for the break up of the UK. To them the people don't matter, we are all just an accounting exercise. Financial crash of 2008 was the start of the failure of the economics started under Thatcher and Grenfell is the peak of that failure.

Get them "aw tae fuck".

"Horrendous Brexit".... Get a fucking grip. What will make it horrendous is the liberal wankers who didn't want it and cannot accept it. Hence 'soft' approach. Which means the worst of all Worlds. Those shits ate responsible for the crap to come, same as Liberal do gooders ate responsible for the so called 'Terror'. Cunts and Cuntesses

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charon said:

"Horrendous Brexit".... Get a fucking grip. What will make it horrendous is the liberal wankers who didn't want it and cannot accept it. Hence 'soft' approach. Which means the worst of all Worlds. Those shits ate responsible for the crap to come, same as Liberal do gooders ate responsible for the so called 'Terror'. Cunts and Cuntesses

I voted for Brexit. I already got a fucking grip.

To clarify, the Brexit that will be delivered will be horrendous.

So to recap: YW dislikes all politicians, charon dislikes all humans, Windsor wants to start up armed resistance against a non-existent Indy Ref, I'm just me, and Paul Bearer is probably somewhere wondering why he's the only sane Scot on this forum.

• Like 2

I reckon Corbyn is setting himself up to fail unwittingly.Brinibg back Abbot tying hinself in knots over Brexit and talking about requistioning property I thibk shows thatlike May pre June 8th he thinks he is untouchable and can say or do anything.

Patrick Harvie sounds like the drummer for Ant & Dec the same way there was the Scots boy in Bros. Who the fuckity is he? Don't bother, I don't care...

I reckon Corbyn is setting himself up to fail unwittingly.Brining back Abbot tying himself in knots over Brexit and talking about requistioning property I think shows that like May pre June 8th he thinks he is untouchable and can say or do anything.