Jump to content
Kinnock

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Recommended Posts

It would be funny if only it wasn't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we see whoever comes second to Boris tonight pulling out and anointing him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Can we see whoever comes second to Boris tonight pulling out and anointing him? 

 

No I think after last time the actual membership want their voices to be heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

 

No I think after last time the actual membership want their voices to be heard.

 

Sadly think you might be right just want the farce over. (thinking 5th he 1922 chairman warned them not to pull out anyway), month more of this shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

Sadly think you might be right just want the farce over. (thinking 5th he 1922 chairman warned them not to pull out anyway), month more of this shit. 

world is crazy right now maybe they will go for the politically correct option in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still hopeful that Hunt will snatch it in the last ballot. Historically, the front-runner stumbles in the final ballot and Boris is very stumble-able.

 

Crikey. For Jeremy Hunt to be the hopeful option for our next PM is a desperately sorry indictment for this country, isn't it?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I'm still hopeful that Hunt will snatch it in the last ballot. Historically, the front-runner stumbles in the final ballot and Boris is very stumble-able.

 

Crikey. For Jeremy Hunt to be the hopeful option for our next PM is a desperately sorry indictment for this country, isn't it?

 

Yep it is now certain that our next Prime Minister is going to be Boris, Gove or Hunt with the main opposition being led by Jeremy Corbyn.

 

As my Belgian colleague would say 'Holy crap'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I'm still hopeful that Hunt will snatch it in the last ballot. Historically, the front-runner stumbles in the final ballot and Boris is very stumble-able.

 

Crikey. For Jeremy Hunt to be the hopeful option for our next PM is a desperately sorry indictment for this country, isn't it?

 

to be honest i'd take Boris over Gove or Hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's a cunt or a Johnson  who's also a cunt.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well it's a cunt or a Johnson  who's also a cunt.

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave some moments ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory: Johnson becomes PM. A Motion of No Confidence is tabled by Corbyn. 66% of MPs need to agree. Opposition benches ≈ 50% of MPs. >16% of Tories needed to rebel and force a General Election. Looking at how many Tories willing to do that (Clarke, Hammond, Grieve etc etc), that's doable. GE happens. Very hung parliament. Brexit Party gets votes, but only a single digit figure of seats, thus no feasible CON-BRX coalition. LD, SNP, GRN, PC (& IND if any) agree to support LAB in a minority govt on the proviso that a 2nd ref is called. Corbyn agrees. 2nd ref happens. Remain wins by 4-6 points. We end up with a propped-up LAB govt by accident, the last 3 years going down the pan. Deep-cut division remains. Everyone hates each other. Corbyn stokes the fire. New govt last about as long as a Chuka Umunna party membership. Corbyn is forced out mercilessly, as Johnson was. Another GE happens, between Gove (who'll somehow fuck Johnson over again when the first GE is lost) and new LAB leader Jess Phillips. Phillips looks popular and a dead cert to become our 4th different PM in the space of 18 months, having won over the public by rolling a fag during a televised debate hosted by a greying Fiona Bruce, but Gove wins in a Major-esque surprise landslide. PM Gove says he always believed in Remain and the 4% of the electorate who are bothering to vote anymore just resolve not to question him out of sheer world-weariness. He lasts nearly 2 years, before his wife tells him to come home because she's having to have an affair with a fellow spiteful Mail columnist, and his daughter is pregnant with a drug baby. Rory Stewart is elected the new leader unopposed, as there are no longer enough MPs willing to give a shit enough to even fight for a Cabinet position. The UK has been weakened so much by the previous few years that the EU is holding a vote over whether to force A50 to trigger again and Donald Trump has bought Westminster and plans on turning it into a golf resort with a helipad made of platinum and fragments from the atom bomb that hit China 2 months prior. Nobody here noticed that happened as we've no longer the money to import Chinese goods anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pedophile twat 2017 Republican Alabama senate nominee Roy Moore has announced his candidacy for the 2020 Alabama senate race. Oh, how lovely...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

My theory: Johnson becomes PM. A Motion of No Confidence is tabled by Corbyn. 66% of MPs need to agree. Opposition benches ≈ 50% of MPs. >16% of Tories needed to rebel and force a General Election. Looking at how many Tories willing to do that (Clarke, Hammond, Grieve etc etc), that's doable. GE happens. Very hung parliament. Brexit Party gets votes, but only a single digit figure of seats, thus no feasible CON-BRX coalition. LD, SNP, GRN, PC (& IND if any) agree to support LAB in a minority govt on the proviso that a 2nd ref is called. Corbyn agrees. 2nd ref happens. Remain wins by 4-6 points. We end up with a propped-up LAB govt by accident, the last 3 years going down the pan. Deep-cut division remains. Everyone hates each other. Corbyn stokes the fire. New govt last about as long as a Chuka Umunna party membership. Corbyn is forced out mercilessly, as Johnson was. Another GE happens, between Gove (who'll somehow fuck Johnson over again when the first GE is lost) and new LAB leader Jess Phillips. Phillips looks popular and a dead cert to become our 4th different PM in the space of 18 months, having won over the public by rolling a fag during a televised debate hosted by a greying Fiona Bruce, but Gove wins in a Major-esque surprise landslide. PM Gove says he always believed in Remain and the 4% of the electorate who are bothering to vote anymore just resolve not to question him out of sheer world-weariness. He lasts nearly 2 years, before his wife tells him to come home because she's having to have an affair with a fellow spiteful Mail columnist, and his daughter is pregnant with a drug baby. Rory Stewart is elected the new leader unopposed, as there are no longer enough MPs willing to give a shit enough to even fight for a Cabinet position. The UK has been weakened so much by the previous few years that the EU is holding a vote over whether to force A50 to trigger again and Donald Trump has bought Westminster and plans on turning it into a golf resort with a helipad made of platinum and fragments from the atom bomb that hit China 2 months prior. Nobody here noticed that happened as we've no longer the money to import Chinese goods anyway.

 

Where's Guy Fawkes now that we need him?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toast said:

Where's Guy Fawkes now that we need him?

 

He's fawked off.

 

getmecoat.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two awful candidates for PM. Will I get sent back in a few months if i move to mainland Europe now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toast said:

 

Where's Guy Fawkes now that we need him?

 

Seeing as you mentioned him, here's his signature, before and after he was tortured. 

 

_78471363_fsignature.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the second one is when he signed his confession

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see Hunt winning if he is brave. He should go all out on Boris, take an  authoritarian strongman approach it worked for Trump over the overwhelming favourite Hilary. If he continues the way he is he's wasting everyone's time and he might aswell concede. Plus the conservative favourite never wins.  

 

They must have a vote. They didn't with May and it led to her disastrous run as PM. Andrea leadsom was favourite to beat her with a party membership vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I can see Hunt winning if he is brave. He should go all out on Boris, take an  authoritarian strongman approach it worked for Trump over the overwhelming favourite Hilary. If he continues the way he is he's wasting everyone's time and he might aswell concede. Plus the conservative favourite never wins.  

 

They must have a vote. They didn't with May and it led to her disastrous run as PM. Andrea leadsom was favourite to beat her with a party membership vote.

 

Do you really think that Leadsom would have been any less disastrous?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

 

Do you really think that Leadsom would have been any less disastrous?

 

Yes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the_engineer said:

 

He had an argument with his girlfriend? Doesn't seem like that big a deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Deathray said:

 

He had an argument with his girlfriend? Doesn't seem like that big a deal. 

 

It won't gain him votes all it can do is cost him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it boils down to Boris Johnston or Jeremy Hunt.  Putting it politely, it's like choosing between Kate McCann  or Jimmy Saville to watch your children.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

So it boils down to Boris Johnston or Jeremy Hunt.  Putting it politely, it's like choosing between Kate McCann  or Jimmy Saville to watch your children.

I wouldn't bother too much.

When you get your second referendum and vote for independence, you will have wee Jimmy to lead you all to the promised land.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use