Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Mrs Bearers sister died today. :-(

How are you bearering up ? Were you close ?

• Like 1

Sending peace and fond memories your direction and to your in-laws, Paul Bearer. Sorry to hear the news.

SC

• Like 1

Please have my sympathies too PB. Losses in the Extended family hit hard too. Hope she holds up well.

• Like 1

My condolences to your sister in law.

• Like 1

Thank you. It never rains but it pours, so they say - my cousin's gone now. Been on the cards for a long time though, and we weren't close.

• Like 1

My work wouldn't give me the 30th of March off, as it is considered part of 'Easter week'. (?!)

I thought 'fuck that' and have booked it off as 'compassionate leave' due to attendance at my late Nans funeral.

Even though she passed in 2009. ;)

• Like 2

My work wouldn't give me the 30th of March off, as it is considered part of 'Easter week'. (?!)

I thought 'fuck that' and have booked it off as 'compassionate leave' due to attendance at my late Nans funeral.

The crematorium waiting times have gone beyond a joke now.

• Like 2

Condolences to you & your family PB - and to you Toast.

Please add mine.

• Like 1

I often forget to check the other forums. Deepest condolences to you both on your losses PB and Toast.

• Like 1

The crematorium waiting times have gone beyond a joke now.

:flame2: I totally agree ! We got fed up of waiting & gave her a good send off in me Dads back garden on Bonfire night in 2010.

My brother drew the short straw & scooped up her ashes into her favourite ceramic teapot.. which proudly stands on my mantelpiece to this very day. It is a rather large teapot & my Dad my brother & me have decided that when we all go & get cremated, that our ashes will be added into the aforementioned brewing vessel !

The ultimate 'Taters-generations Teapot' ;)

Just found out one of my nans died a couple of days ago. Haven't seen in her over thirty years because a) she lived in a different country and 2) family feud. I hope she's left me some money because I am proper skint :D

• Like 2

I was informed just now that my grandma died yesterday. It was to be expected, as she had recently entered hospice care, but still saddening news and I'll miss her very much. Still, she lived a very good life having died at 87, and thankfully she wasn't in much pain and went peacefully. I'm grateful I managed to visit her one last time in January, when, though frail, she still was mentally intact and not yet bedridden.

Oh my, sorry to hear that DI, my condolences to you and yours at this time.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that, DI, best wishes to you and yours.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your losses, DI and Lardy.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, DI.

Glad that you were able to visit her one last time.

• Like 1

I was informed just now that my grandma died yesterday. It was to be expected, as she had recently entered hospice care, but still saddening news and I'll miss her very much. Still, she lived a very good life having died at 87, and thankfully she wasn't in much pain and went peacefully. I'm grateful I managed to visit her one last time in January, when, though frail, she still was mentally intact and not yet bedridden.

my condolences DI. At least your grandmom went peacefully and without pain.
  • Like 1

Condolences.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss DI always sad when someone you are close to dies but at least she died without being in pain and 87 years of age is a good age to reach.

• Like 1