Magere Hein

Death In The Family

If it was Hein coming back, we all would be very happy to see him again.

• Like 3

Oh, I think he's here.

ReticulatedTampon is my guess, not on members list, greyed out profile, yet wanders the forum this week....

Checked my profile at 6 one morning, they a visitor at half four. First thought 'validating' but you can click on those. Banned next thought, but at that time with no posts? Naaah. Plus was on that night.

Its some cunt with the buttons, and Hein most likely...

Wow, 'reticulated tampon' is actually a thing. Who knew.

Also known as Dr Zorders.

• Like 3

No, I don't think he's been anywhere near the usual destination of a tampon since the day of his birth.

• Like 5

Tampons are so last century, plus everyone is scared of toxic shock and such. Modern girls go for Moon Cups I am told. ;) (That'll keep you Googling for a bit! :lol: )

• Like 1

No, I don't think he's been anywhere near the usual destination of a tampon since the day of his birth.

What, the North Sea? :D

And don't get me started on those FUCKING mooncups.

Tampons are so last century, plus everyone is scared of toxic shock and such. Modern girls go for Moon Cups I am told. ;) (That'll keep you Googling for a bit! :lol: )

Moon cups

ribery.gif

Oh, I think he's here.

ReticulatedTampon is my guess, not on members list, greyed out profile, yet wanders the forum this week....

Checked my profile at 6 one morning, they a visitor at half four. First thought 'validating' but you can click on those. Banned next thought, but at that time with no posts? Naaah. Plus was on that night.

Saw they'd visited my profile, greyed out as you say. On a whim went to PM, found them on the PM directory, but decided sending a "Are you Magere Hein?" PM was a bit rude. Did the member search in the search engine (instead of topic) and a non greyed one came up, but on clicking it:

"This member is no longer active."

I'd say it was curious but to be honest I'm not that fussed.

:D yet you did all that searching.

Nah, curious it is, a banned account zombified.... It IS somecunt who had buttons, gotta be Hein....

• Like 1

Oh, I think he's here.

Why though ? If he can't get back into his account i'm sure one of the mods could be able to help him or is he a mod?

Got a FB message from a cousin over the weekend. It seems my Uncle (Dad's younger brother) died in November and nobody bothered to tell anyone. My Dad doesn't know and his sister doesn't know. My sister will be livid as she loves a good funeral.

35 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Got a FB message from a cousin over the weekend. It seems my Uncle (Dad's younger brother) died in November and nobody bothered to tell anyone. My Dad doesn't know and his sister doesn't know. My sister will be livid as she loves a good funeral.

How strange.  Had he been ill, or was it unexpected?  Does he have any close family eg wife, children, who would be expected to let people know?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

So sorry you had to wait so long to hear the news. Condolences.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that news, especially with what your Dad has been through recently. Thoughts, etc, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

How strange.  Had he been ill, or was it unexpected?  Does he have any close family eg wife, children, who would be expected to let people know?

He was ill and so the news was not unexpected. He lost his wife earlier last year and his first wife died just before him.He has two sons from his first marriage the eldest has learning difficulties and the younger is a bit of a black sheep. When we were both at school I had the Police get em out of bed one morning asking where I had been the previous evening. I had been at home reading not in the neighbouring down beating up a third year. My cousin and I share a surname and first initial.....

25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

He was ill and so the news was not unexpected. He lost his wife earlier last year and his first wife died just before him.He has two sons from his first marriage the eldest has learning difficulties and the younger is a bit of a black sheep. When we were both at school I had the Police get em out of bed one morning asking where I had been the previous evening. I had been at home reading not in the neighbouring down beating up a third year. My cousin and I share a surname and first initial.....

That's all really sad.  So sorry for you and your Dad.

• Like 1

Not quite a death - yet - but my ex hubby is doing his best ever hovering in ICU will-he-won't-he act. We divorced 15 years ago and I've been remarried over 10 years. We have no current connections save for a 25 year old daughter, who is in bits at his bedside. It transpires he collapsed in acute stomach pain the weekend before last. Tests showed ruptured bowels and he had advanced Sepsis (now under control). His kidneys are under attack and they are dialysing him, lungs were full of the most horrendous brown muck and they have sucked litres up. Parts of his bowel have been removed and a stoma fitted. They say it's a miracle he survived surgery.

All this follows on the back of 45 years of hard binge drinking. (The reason why we divorced!). We have had these scares and ICU stays before with him, but nothing ever on this scale for this length of time. This surely has to the one that finishes him.

Yesterday's update was that clots were discovered on his lungs and his arm was broken - presumably due to weakened bone density following on from compromised kidneys. Ten days he has now been under medical sedation but the hospital keep giving little rays of hope to my daughter and his new girlfriend. they say small, steady improvements but it's going to be an extremely slow thing. I don't think she has any emotion of physical reserved left.

I want it over. I want him to either go or recover enough for them to wake him up and so daughter can speak to her father and tell him she dropped her life and flew to his bedside and been there ever since.

And another thing... somehow his girlfriend got listed as 'next-of-kin' and this has meant his own daughter and his sister are blocked from talking to the doctors. Everything has to go through this girlfriend, who is a woman beforehand they knew nothing about and have never spoken to. My daughter says her dad has been hijacked. It would take a court order to be included in medical discussions. So be very careful the nest time someone asks who is your next of kin!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WednesdayAddams said:

Not quite a death - yet - but my ex hubby is doing his best ever hovering in ICU will-he-won't-he act. We divorced 15 years ago and I've been remarried over 10 years. We have no current connections save for a 25 year old daughter, who is in bits at his bedside. It transpires he collapsed in acute stomach pain the weekend before last. Tests showed ruptured bowels and he had advanced Sepsis (now under control). His kidneys are under attack and they are dialysing him, lungs were full of the most horrendous brown muck and they have sucked litres up. Parts of his bowel have been removed and a stoma fitted. They say it's a miracle he survived surgery.

All this follows on the back of 45 years of hard binge drinking. (The reason why we divorced!). We have had these scares and ICU stays before with him, but nothing ever on this scale for this length of time. This surely has to the one that finishes him.

Yesterday's update was that clots were discovered on his lungs and his arm was broken - presumably due to weakened bone density following on from compromised kidneys. Ten days he has now been under medical sedation but the hospital keep giving little rays of hope to my daughter and his new girlfriend. they say small, steady improvements but it's going to be an extremely slow thing. I don't think she has any emotion of physical reserved left.

I want it over. I want him to either go or recover enough for them to wake him up and so daughter can speak to her father and tell him she dropped her life and flew to his bedside and been there ever since.

And another thing... somehow his girlfriend got listed as 'next-of-kin' and this has meant his own daughter and his sister are blocked from talking to the doctors. Everything has to go through this girlfriend, who is a woman beforehand they knew nothing about and have never spoken to. My daughter says her dad has been hijacked. It would take a court order to be included in medical discussions. So be very careful the nest time someone asks who is your next of kin!

My heart goes out to your daughter and you. Thanks for that next-of-kin advice. I have had 2 sister-n-laws die around age 55 because of heavy drinking. Alcohol is killing off the baby-boomer generation faster than the diseases of old-age it seems. Your daughter sounds like a good person.  

16 hours ago, WednesdayAddams said:

Here next of kin is legally codified. Spouse, children, and so on down the line. Even if my mother was not coherent and some boyfriend decided to say he was next of kin, he wouldn't survive as such when I showed up unless he produced a marriage license. It's kind of nice that way. 

Besides, I'd probably take him out back and shank him.

I'm sorry to hear your ex is so ill - I know it's awful on your daughter. I hope it ends one way or another quickly for her sake.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Here next of kin is legally codified. Spouse, children, and so on down the line. Even if my mother was not coherent and some boyfriend decided to say he was next of kin, he wouldn't survive as such when I showed up unless he produced a marriage license. It's kind of nice that way. 

Besides, I'd probably take him out back and shank him.

I'm sorry to hear your ex is so ill - I know it's awful on your daughter. I hope it ends one way or another quickly for her sake.

My father was a victim of the Sweetheart scam several years back. They make the senior citizen feel that they love them, despite 30-40-50 years age differences. They clear out bank accounts and get on house deeds, etc. 

Liked you comment about SHANKING, the gal I refer to got sent to prison for 6 months, not as good as shanking though. :-).  

Horrible situation, sympathies to both you and your Daughter. Alcohol abuse really is a bitch and ruins so many lives and for what? At the end of the day know one wins in a situation like this not the Drinker and certainly not the carers, they say that for every Alcoholic there are at least on average 5 people whose lives are directly affected because of it. Alcohol ruins so many lives. I hope this nightmare ends soon, as it is obvious you have both suffered for years and years due to your Ex's Drinking. Best Wishes for now and for when the inevitable happens.