Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Thank you both for your sympathies. I just can't imagine how his family are coping right now,  but I will be travelling to  the funeral and will see them there..I'm dreading it to be honest.I feel so guilty, not knowing the state of mind he was in,wondering what I could have done to help him,but by all accounts he didn't let anyone know how down he was. 

Those are truly awful circumstances - my sympathies to you and his family. :(

It's time someone sued the Government for these deaths. I'm so angry reading about it, while these freaking millionaires say it's not because of their policies.

My thoughts, condolences and anger are with you CL. I'm sorry to hear that anyone in 21st century Britain feels driven to suicide by the prospect of being destitute and unsupported.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I haven't suffered any bereavments but I have just heard that a lifelong friend took his own life today after losing disability benefits under the govts 'fit for work' tests. He had multiple sclerosis and liver cancer but was told he was deemed fit for work. It's really devastated me.He was always so cheerful and full of life. and tried to overcome the odds.This was clearly one burden too much for him.

Sorry to hear of your loss . I've got a mate who has Parkinson's. The poor sod can't walk more than fifty yards, but shuffles along with a stick. He still has his licence, but can obviously only drive an automatic. He had a car under the disability scheme, but the government agency wankers have just taken it off him saying that he doesn't meet the criteria.. Unless he can raise a few quid his one bit of independence has been ripped from him. These sods have blood on their hands.

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I haven't suffered any bereavments but I have just heard that a lifelong friend took his own life today after losing disability benefits under the govts 'fit for work' tests. He had multiple sclerosis and liver cancer but was told he was deemed fit for work. It's really devastated me.He was always so cheerful and full of life. and tried to overcome the odds.This was clearly one burden too much for him.

Condolences. :angel:

3 hours ago, Prosperina said:

Sorry to hear of your loss . I've got a mate who has Parkinson's. The poor sod can't walk more than fifty yards, but shuffles along with a stick. He still has his licence, but can obviously only drive an automatic. He had a car under the disability scheme, but the government agency wankers have just taken it off him saying that he doesn't meet the criteria.. Unless he can raise a few quid his one bit of independence has been ripped from him. These sods have blood on their hands.

Well I certainly won't be voting tory again after this. He worked and paid taxes all his life until he developed MS and this is his reward. It has made me very angry 

Sorry for your loss a terrible, terrible way to die, the Tory government certainly have a lot of blood on there hands. 

6 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Condolences to your friends family and to you. 

Thanks again but as I said it's his family who are really suffering tonight, not me.

Whilst not human, sadly I have to have my baby girl Tamsin a staffy/lab cross to sleep later today. She’s nearly 14 and in pain and is struggling to breathe.

She was my first dog and I’m in pieces at the thought. But I know it’s for her best and I’m being cruel if I keep her going. Still sucks mind :( 

0CB2B511-1DF2-4A5B-9599-C94CD0F6D51A.jpeg

• Sad 8

I've been there, Phil.  So sorry.

Losing a pet is a big pain and people who say it isn't nearly as big as a deal as losing a human friend have not been there. My sympathies are with you Phil.

Thanks all.

But broke my heart but the right decision overall.  

Bless her Tamsin 2004-2017

My sympathies. Always a tough decision to put down a beloved pet, even when you know it's the right thing to do. :(

Aww Phil she looks like a gorgeous girl.  So sorry for your loss, I can understand your heart cracking.  Blooming lucky to have these wonderful creatures in your life - but it hurts when they go.

Thanks all. 

My Baby Girl or as we called her

The Staffy with the Queen Anne Legs. Good old Kenny Everett joke.

Lots of laughter and jokes about her with my friends/mates. She’s a legend with us all, even if we ended up looking stupid as we raised a pint last night.

RIP Baby girl. You were loved <3 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Thanks all. 

My Baby Girl or as we called her

The Staffy with the Queen Anne Legs. Good old Kenny Everett joke.

Lots of laughter and jokes about her with my friends/mates. She’s a legend with us all, even if we ended up looking stupid as we raised a pint last night.

RIP Baby girl. You were loved <3 

Well, for me, you showed your class by not giving her some 'well 'ard' female doggy name equivalent to Tyson or summat.

On 21/12/2017 at 10:32, philheybrookbay said:

Whilst not human, sadly I have to have my baby girl Tamsin a staffy/lab cross to sleep later today. She’s nearly 14 and in pain and is struggling to breathe.

She was my first dog and I’m in pieces at the thought. But I know it’s for her best and I’m being cruel if I keep her going. Still sucks mind :( 

0CB2B511-1DF2-4A5B-9599-C94CD0F6D51A.jpeg

Sadly it doesn't get any easier just because they are your second or presumably even third or fourth dog. Just had to say goodbye to our four-legged friend. All we can do is take comfort in the fact he is no longer in pain; after a short but severe illness. Whilst I accept it's not as severe as losing a human member of your family, it's still a hard knock to take. 

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Sorry for your lost Deathray. :( 

On 15/01/2018 at 15:30, Deathray said:

Sadly it doesn't get any easier just because they are your second or presumably even third or fourth dog. Just had to say goodbye to our four-legged friend. All we can do is take comfort in the fact he is no longer in pain; after a short but severe illness. Whilst I accept it's not as severe as losing a human member of your family, it's still a hard knock to take. 

Totally- knocks you for 6 and sorry to hear about your loss as well. Oh and thanks for the PM - good advice :) 

I'm obviously at that age.

Mum's last sibling and my aunt died this morning. Not really close, but sad news anyway as that's the end of that generation of the family.

Amazing, Oldwillz and his sisters still kicking it large.

• Sad 3