Magere Hein

Death In The Family

End of Generation sad tho Willz.

I'm tail end Charlie of 4 kids, zero grandchildren produced if patents had lived.

Line dies with me, tho booze and cigs probably means 'dies with older sister'.

As said in 'oldest folk you know' thread, mums sisters both almost at the ton, and for ubër prods, bred well.

But shame the Family Name dies with me, but on the other hand, far too many people in the World.

Very very glad I didn't have children.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear the news Y-Dub.  

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:43, YoungWillz said:

I'm obviously at that age.

Mum's last sibling and my aunt died this morning. Not really close, but sad news anyway as that's the end of that generation of the family.

Amazing, Oldwillz and his sisters still kicking it large.

So sorry for your loss YW - that 'last of the generation' gives ya a real extra belter.

• Thanks 1

Our gorgeous 2 year old Juno died unexpectedly this morning - we got her to the vets but nothing they could do - poor girl had pulmonary aspiration and just went down too fast to save her.

CIMG3048.JPG

• Sad 12

16 minutes ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Our gorgeous 2 year old Juno died unexpectedly this morning - we got her to the vets but nothing they could do - poor girl had pulmonary aspiration and just went down too fast to save her.

CIMG3048.JPG

Such a gorgeous pair. So sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

CIMG3048.JPG

Ah man, losing a pet so young really sucks. Sorry for your loss. :( 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts - next time we get an 'irate visitor' I'll direct 'em to this thread.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your 4-legged friend, Ice. :(

• Thanks 1

Yes, it is heartbreaking especially when  no, it's always heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My uncle died Tuesday evening, in deep sedation which may have accelerated his demise. During his last days he could not even stand up, was becoming blind and spent time sleeping and moaning. He was unrecognizable. But when he was sedated, for a moment, before closing his eyes forever,  he was relieved of the pain and his last look was the real look of my uncle during his normal life. For a moment he came back to be my uncle. I'll never forget that. He died after two hours.

My mother has advanced Alzheimer's and did not even reckon. You see, even dementia has its positive aspects.

• Sad 4

Sympathies, drol. Take care.

• Thanks 1

So sorry, drol. 

• Thanks 1

My condolences drol, thoughts are with you and yours at this time.

• Thanks 1

Condolences, drol. Difficult for you to lose him but at least he's no longer suffering.

• Thanks 1

Glad your uncle gave you one last memory drol. Peace to you and all who loved your uncle.

On 14/06/2018 at 02:16, drol said:

My uncle died Tuesday evening, in deep sedation which may have accelerated his demise. During his last days he could not even stand up, was becoming blind and spent time sleeping and moaning. He was unrecognizable. But when he was sedated, for a moment, before closing his eyes forever,  he was relieved of the pain and his last look was the real look of my uncle during his normal life. For a moment he came back to be my uncle. I'll never forget that. He died after two hours.

My mother has advanced Alzheimer's and did not even reckon. You see, even dementia has its positive aspects.

Deepest condolences. Thoughts are with you.

You've really been through it lately, drol. So very sorry. Take it easy.

16 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You've really been through it lately, drol. So very sorry. Take it easy.

rEAPER I see you're a nice and polite man. My brother was murdered 31 years ago. He was 31 and hopelessly drunk He was strangled. Not long ago my little cousin whom I never knew killed himself- he drove his car under a truck. I am now 56 and drunk, but under control. I never drive when ii'M DRUNK. I am always in total control of Bladan. Bladan is a Master of Science. No one is smarter than poor Bladan except Einstein. I am joking even with my typos - alcohol has no contro over me – I think I, Bladan, I am beginning to be God. According to news, Einstein considered the Chinese filthy, stupid and ready to take over the world. 90 years later that is what is happening.

1 hour ago, bladan said:

rEAPER I see you're a nice and polite man. My brother was murdered 31 years ago. He was 31 and hopelessly drunk He was strangled. Not long ago my little cousin whom I never knew killed himself- he drove his car under a truck. I am now 56 and drunk, but under control. I never drive when ii'M DRUNK. I am always in total control of Bladan. Bladan is a Master of Science. No one is smarter than poor Bladan except Einstein. I am joking even with my typos - alcohol has no contro over me – I think I, Bladan, I am beginning to be God. According to news, Einstein considered the Chinese filthy, stupid and ready to take over the world. 90 years later that is what is happening.

You, Bladan, are not beginning to be God; God is not real. You are. Your science may well go over my head and your politics may be quite...alarming (‘polite’ rEAPER word). But it’s entertaining. Keep it up.

Not family, but a family friend. Got the news last night a neighbour has the big 'C'. She survived a breast cancer scare, but  say it's now in her liver, kidneys and back.  They've given her a month. :(

• Sad 6

Sorry to hear that, Paul.

My mother in law has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer ( she’s 80 and has had a 20 a day habit for 65 years so she’s done OK) and has secondary brain cancer. She had a dose of radiotherapy on Friday as part of her palliative care plan. The medics aren’t being very forthcoming about the prognosis and I feel a bit awkward about asking. The situation is weird as nobody seems to know whether we are talking about weeks, months or even a couple of years. She is on a decent dose of steroids and her speech is very slurred. She is heavily fixating on trivia, especially her forthcoming birthday bash next weekend, and is bollocking all and sundry for basic day to day errors such as buying the wrong flavour jam. I don’t whether this is as a result of fear, a need to cling onto some semblance of normality or whether she is losing her marbles. The whole situation is stressful for everyone due to uncertainty, a lack of information and her general behaviour. This seems bad to say, but I hope this doesn’t go on for too long as it is driving everybody nuts.

Gosh, it's a hard situation by the sounds of it. However, someone needs to know the prognosis so that plans can be made. If it's terminal as it seems to be, gotta know so you can get the help and assistance the family need.

Somebody needs to be more insistent with the medics. Imo. Hope you and yours can get through this.

• Like 1