Magere Hein

Death In The Family

God damn that must be tough for you. My condolences.

Condolences to you and your family Handy. Can only imagine how much of a burden it is for your uncle to outlive one of his children. :(

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Condolences to you and your family Handy. Can only imagine how much of a burden it is for your uncle to outlive one of his children. :(

Aye, I read it wrong......

On 12/08/2018 at 20:41, FixedBusiness said:

Soooo.. first time in this thread.

My grandma on my dad's side has been diagnosed with lung cancer which has metastasized to her brain and liver. Not very shocking I'll admit since my whole dad's side except for my grandpa are heavy smokers and some drinkers too. Don't really know what else to say so I'll just leave it there.

Sadly last night she passed away. She was in a coma for the last couple days so it's not very surprising (again). My dad is absolutely devastated. Rest in Peace GMA.

• Sad 12

Condolences to you and your family, and to Handy.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear such sad news Handy.

Condolences, Fixy.  At least you were able to say goodbye, in whatever fashion.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss H. 

Handy and FB, I’m so sorry to hear of your sad news. Look after yourselves.

• Like 1

My Dad, 54, suffered a stroke 4 days ago. He’s on life support in the ER. He has been sleeping since he had the stroke. His heart, kidneys, and liver numbers has decreased every single day. The doctor said, that it’s a good time to start gathering family members. I’m only 18, I can’t lose my father yet. Why, God? Why?

• Sad 10

22 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

My Dad, 54, suffered a stroke 4 days ago. He’s on life support in the ER. He has been sleeping since he had the stroke. His heart, kidneys, and liver numbers has decreased every single day. The doctor said, that it’s a good time to start gathering family members. I’m only 18, I can’t lose my father yet. Why, God? Why?

So sorry to hear about that. 18 is no age to lose a parent at all.

10 hours ago, DeathClock said:

This is truly awful. I lost my mum when I was 9. In someways though you have it worse because you know what is happening as a child the family did try to shield me. I am so sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry, Death Clock.  I lost my Dad at a young age so I feel your pain.  Hoping for the best for you and your Dad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All the best to you and your family, DeathClock. Support each other as best you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you spend much time here seeing people like Dilip Kumar, Le Duc Anh, Richard Overton, etc. survive infinite hospitalizations you start to think dying must be a very difficult thing to do, you think you have to be very very sick to die. Then something brings you back to reality, where people close to you are well one moment and they are dying a moment later. How is it possible death acts so differently? Well, that's how the World goes. So Unfair.

I hope your dad recovers. Take care of yourself.

• Like 5

R.I.P; William M.

November 28, 1963 - October 21, 2018

Thank you guys for all of your kind thoughts and comments. It honestly helped me through his final hours and now that he is dead. I honestly think that I will be okay. I have to be strong for my mom, brother, and sister. I will make you proud dad, I promise.

Don’t forget guys to eat right, and get some exercise once in a while.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 15

RIP to your father!

I know how you feel now. My father died when I was 11 years old.

• Sad 2

RIP to your Dad, my Dad had a stroke at 52 in January 2007, we were lucky that he survived though he has never really recovered and has the early stages of frontal tempal dementia due to the stroke so your Dad’s stroke hit it home how different it could of turned out for us. Look after your selves and try to remember the good times RIP.

• Sad 2

On 21/10/2018 at 12:16, DeathClock said:

R.I.P; William M.

Thank you guys for all of your kind thoughts and comments. It honestly helped me through his final hours and now that he is dead. I honestly think that I will be okay. I have to be strong for my mom, brother, and sister. I will make you proud dad, I promise.

DC, First, may you and your family find peace and fond memories at this time.  Condolences and R.I.P. to dad.
Second, I believe us in exactly the same boat; I was 2 months into my college career when my father died (Oct 1981), and I was 18.   I hope you can get through the coming days in whatever you are up to.  For me, going to class was not only an outlet but 'what dad would have wanted me to do'.... I'm sure you have something similar as a distraction and a way to honour your relationship.

SC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had a memorial for my grandma on Tuesday, and I'd like to share a story that came across to me as interesting

There was about 30-40 people at this memorial, really nice room and a mixture of people who she knew from her work, from being a theater director, etc.

Here's the story:

She had a parrot named Charlie Crackers at a time, and this parrot LOVED to mock/repeat whatever you would say (like the average stereotypical, cartoon parrot, y'know?). She loved this parrot to death, and she had it for quite a while. I remember going over there and you could hear the squawking from the other room while you were eating your thanksgiving dinner. That's how loud it was. Anyways, once this guy (who was speaking about the story at the time, but I actually don't quite remember his name, let's call him Davy) went to go visit her with some other of their theater friends. Davy would occasionally peek in and out of the room to say hi to the bird, and the bird was in the same room as a TV. The TV was on one such channel where the programming was, well, pretty inappropriate. The bird picked up on some of the words being said and when everybody started gathering in the living room (where the bird was), the bird yelled "THEY'RE HAVING SEX, THEY'RE HAVING SEX"

What a great story that is.

-fb

• Like 4

On 18/10/2018 at 15:18, Handrejka said:

I've been very fortunate that I haven't had to post in this thread yet until now. I get a message from my cousin today asking to call her as she had some sad news. I expected to hear that my uncle who is frail and in his eighties had died, only to be told that it was her older brother who had died. He was 54. I'm shocked more than sad at the moment and worried that my uncle will deteriorate further. 

I offer my sincere condolences!

On 19/10/2018 at 18:36, FixedBusiness said:

Sadly last night she passed away. She was in a coma for the last couple days so it's not very surprising (again). My dad is absolutely devastated. Rest in Peace GMA.

So sorry for your loss, Fixed! And prayers for you and your father during this difficult time.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2018 at 13:16, DeathClock said:

R.I.P; William M.

Really sorry to hear this! I'm sure your dad will be extremely proud of you being there for your mom, brother, and sister during this difficult time.

I didn't know about the existence of this topic at the time, so I'll post it now: About 2 months ago, my great-uncle (grandmother's brother) passed away. This hit me and my family hard as he fell into a coma about 10 days prior and didn't wake up from it. And to top it all off, he was the family member on my grandmother's side that I knew best as he only lived about 25 minutes away from me, so my family and I would visit him often.

• Sad 6