Magere Hein

Death In The Family

As background, in my college days and beyond I had a group of friends that I met up with about 6 nights a week at Denny's.  There was a core of 5 or 6 of us, and about that many more who may pop in to the restaurant for 'coffee and fries' on any given night (and girlfriends too when applicable).
So anyway as I reported a couple months ago my best friend growing up died of heart failure, he being 54.
Yesterday we discovered another member of our little group, Brian Hastings, has passed away, again 55 years old or so.  He lived near Muskegon, MI and it was a rare treat when his always amusing arse would show up to Denny's -- he was probably the least attended person.  But he was called "Uncle Buck" long before any movies or anything, so I am missing Uncle Buck and as usual have the few posts we shared on FB the past couple years to remember.  He had in fact been an enigma for 5+ years, no one really knowing what had happened to him until one of us discovered his wife (we didn't even know he got married - 2011) posted some photos along with his name.  Then we all converged on him and got to talking like old times.
Not sure what was wrong but apparently he had some medical issues, his wife posted 'no more pain'.  Obviously esoteric, but what does it matter.
So now we've lost 2 of our Denny's gang in a matter of two months. :(
RIP my friend.

• Sad 8

Sorry to hear that, SC.  Sobering when one's contemporaries start dropping off the perch.

Another few weeks and not many left at all SC........ Take it you're Mr Blonde.

Given my hairline I would accept 'Mr Blonde' at this point.  

• Haha 2

Thank you for the well wishes and condolences to Fixed, DeathClock and SC. 

my brother in law's father-in-law died last night. 97, WWII vet etc and he lived a full life.

However, my brother in law got a call to rush to the house yesterday morning as he had died then (apparently anyway). The deceased man's son is a GP I should point out.

After passing on my condolences I popped out on a short car journey with my 17 year old daughter. Half an hour later, my 15 year old son calls up and daughter answers as I'm still driving. In his best 'Kevin and Perry' voice he blurts out 'Dad, Norman's not dead' ( even before we could say hello).

Both my daughter and I burst out in spontaneous fits of laughter and I had to stop the car as the risk of crashing had increased due to the tears streaming down my face.

i hope he would have laughed too.

I guess you had to be there.

• Haha 1

Brother in Laws Father in Law is "Family"?

Lol.

You're closer to Kevin Bacon than that old cunt :D

*condolences etc etc.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, charon said:

Brother in Laws Father in Law is "Family"?

Could be his father.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My 97 yearold great aunt in Scotland died lastnite, we always thought she would make the ton nut sadly not. I was on the phone to her last Sunday and she eas in great form, very unexpected.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

6 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

My 97 yearold great aunt in Scotland died lastnite, we always thought she would make the ton nut sadly not. I was on the phone to her last Sunday and she eas in great form, very unexpected.

Sorry to see that Paddy. 

97 is a great run.  So sorry to hear it has ended.  

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Sorry for your loss, always hard to lose a loved one especially around this time of year, 97 is a great age to reach though RIP 

My uncle Paulie passed away this afternoon, aged 70. Had a massive stroke three weeks ago and was sent to the hospital on life support. Showed no signs of brain activity, so it was time to turn off the ventilator. Unexpected. :(

• Sad 16

Sorry for your loss, must of been awful last few weeks for you and your family hoping for a miracle, take care and remember the good times RIP.

Sorry to hear about Unknown Uncle, particularly sorry you had such an agonising wait. Take it easy.

So sorry to hear that.

Sorry to read about the Unknown Uncle 

Sorry about your loss Unknown Man.

So sorry to hear, Unknown Man.

Before I'm sharing something pretty positive in a "Birthday" thread if I can find one, I'll post something that happened shortly after my grandma passed away in October

In November, almost one month after my grandma died, my uncle (one of her sons, her 2nd son to die, leaving only my dad. I never knew the other son/my uncle, he was quite young when he passed) passed away of throat cancer. I saw him at the memorial for her and needless to say, I didn't recognize him at first and knew he had throat cancer but didn't know it had progressed that badly. Now, I guess I'll get this out of the way; he was a criminal. I believe some of the crimes included robbery, and drug-related things etc, but I do know he went to jail a few times and got out one way or another. He recently got out due to the medical leave of having diagnosed throat cancer (don't know how many months before he died he was released, but whatever). He passed away November 2018, and it's pretty obvious that he probably doesn't deserve that much of a passing regard, and I never really knew him, but I thought I would share.

R.I.P. Uncle Dan

There was a terrible fatal road accident near here on Thursday in Cornwall on A38.

Sadly it’s my mates Mum who was the person killed. Just dreadful to wake up to read the heartbreaking news from him this morning. 

• Sad 9

Bladan has once again died. Without any money left, he drank a fatal mixture of vodka, shoe polish and oven cleaner. He left a wife and three kids A great guy RIP

• Sad 1