Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Sorry for your loss must be all the harder to accept as she was in good health and didn’t get the chance to say goodbye. It also shows none of us know how long we have and when our time is up. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss drol, take care and thoughts are with you and yours.

• Thanks 1

Wow.  Prayers, drol

• Thanks 1

Oh my god drol, how very harrowing! My thoughts are with you and the family. Take it easy, mate.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that, drol.  That sort of death is kind to the person who dies, but so much harder for those left behind.

• Thanks 1

My Father in law died this morning aged 65, would of been 66 later this week, been expecting it for a while but the end came quite quickly after he had been stable for a while. He had diabetes for years but he didn’t look after himself when younger eventually he had to have his leg amputated due to infection caused by diabetes about a 2 years ago but he never really recovered and infections kept coming back about a month or so ago we thought that he was about to die as he went into organ failure and were told to prepare for the worse but he sort of stabilised much to the amazement of Doctors until the early hours this morning when he died. Sad but probably a blessing long term as he had no quality of life. 

In fact death seems to be following me around today found out today my next door neighbour died aged 74 over the weekend, went to tell my Grandma about Father in laws death and there was an ambulance and Police outside one of her Neighbours house and one of them had died during night granted didn’t know them  but still then went to work and found out managers Dad died over weekend of a Brain Tumour again didn’t know him but that’s 4 deaths I have found out about today and it isn’t even midday yet. 

• Sad 8

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Condolences. As always, thoughts are with you Fergie. Take care.

Sorry for your loss, Fergie.  That's quite a day you're having.  :blink:

29 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

My Father in law died this morning aged 65, would of been 66 later this week, been expecting it for a while but the end came quite quickly after he had been stable for a while. He had diabetes for years but he didn’t look after himself when younger eventually he had to have his leg amputated due to infection caused by diabetes about a 2 years ago but he never really recovered and infections kept coming back about a month or so ago we thought that he was about to die as he went into organ failure and were told to prepare for the worse but he sort of stabilised much to the amazement of Doctors until the early hours this morning when he died. Sad but probably a blessing long term as he had no quality of life. 

In fact death seems to be following me around today found out today my next door neighbour died aged 74 over the weekend, went to tell my Grandma about Father in laws death and there was an ambulance and Police outside one of her Neighbours house and one of them had died during night granted didn’t know them  but still then went to work and found out managers Dad died over weekend of a Brain Tumour again didn’t know him but that’s 4 deaths I have found out about today and it isn’t even midday yet. 

Condolences.RIP.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Sorry for your loss, Fergie.  That's quite a day you're having.  :blink:

Just a bit never known anything like it, haven’t heard anything in terms of deaths personally affecting those close to me in months probably years in terms of 4 people dying and then bang 4 in one morning like dominoes or buses. Thanks for all messages of condolences 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this news about your FIL, Fergie. 

• Like 2

I lost my last dog Will on Monday, at the grand age of 15 ( he just missed his 16th birthday by a matter of weeks).

He had a stroke last Sunday evening and lost the use of his legs as a result. Must confess I sobbed like a baby at the vets even if I did the best thing by putting him to sleep. 

He was the last link to my ex husband, as he was originally his dog but after we split he never saw Will again, so a real mixed bag of emotions this week. 

Screenshot_20190902-084244_Instagram.jpg

• Sad 10

1 hour ago, philheybrookbay said:

I lost my last dog Will on Monday, at the grand age of 15 ( he just missed his 16th birthday by a matter of weeks).

He had a stroke last Sunday evening and lost the use of his legs as a result. Must confess I sobbed like a baby at the vets even if I did the best thing by putting him to sleep. 

He was the last link to my ex husband, as he was originally his dog but after we split he never saw Will again, so a real mixed bag of emotions this week. 

So sorry for your loss. Will looks like he was a lovely friend. Take care.

So sorry, Phil, what a lovely dog. 

I do hope he won't be your last, there is always a piece of your heart that needs a dog to love.

Awww hate to hear a four-legged friend has left us.  RIP

6 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Never let anyone tell you pets aren't party of your family. Their often the only thing holding one together. Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Never let anyone tell you pets aren't party of your family. Their often the only thing holding one together. Sorry for your loss. 

Hell yeah, they're personalities and bring close and loving relationships

9 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Will's gorgeous. So sorry for your loss, Phil.

Sorry for the loss of your Dog, still a massive part of the family, take care

Came into a very somber work today.

A work colleague has had a brain haemorrhage yesterday afternoon. She survived one in 2009 but this time sounds more serious, on life support and in a coma. 

• Sad 6

Just left work. No change. Sadly my colleague is still on ICU, her partner who also works with us is with her. He's in pieces.

If you love someone, hug them tight tonight. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.  

• Like 2

Sadly my colleague and friend Chrissy died this afternoon. It was a catastrophic brain haemorrhage with no hope of survival. :(

However, as was her, her organs will go towards helping others.

The world is a lot darker tonight I can tell you. 

• Sad 17

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Especially at this time of year when new hope is supposed to dawn. I guess it will, for those she will help with her donation.

Thoughts with you, philheybrookbay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss I know it is always hard to lose someone whatever time of the year  It is but at Christmas it always seems worse as it is meant to be a time for friends and family to be together. Sorry for your loss RIP.

• Thanks 1

So sorry.  It will be a comfort that she didn't linger, there are so many worse ways to go.

• Thanks 1